Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » BBQ in City Parks « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Saabdriver1986
Username: Saabdriver1986

Post Number: 374
Posted From: 65.48.7.186
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, I am bringing some people down for a BBQ in the city today. I was wondering what city parks downtown can I BBQ at. Can I set up shop at Belle Isle with out any problems? What about St. Aubin Park? Does anyone have any other suggestions for downtown parks on the water? Thanks for the help guys and gals!

-Chris

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6100
Posted From: 70.236.198.22
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chris,

You may be too late to get a spot on Belle Isle in one of the shelters, they are reserved in advance...especially for holiday weekends. You should be able to find other space, if you have your own grille, chairs, and tables. You might still be able to grab a picnic table or two, but outside the shelters they are not well-grouped.

Get MOVING! Eleven a.m. is when things just start happening down there...

Dunno about the other parks, though.

Cheers!

Saabdriver1986
Username: Saabdriver1986

Post Number: 375
Posted From: 65.48.7.186
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haha thanks!

Yea I have my own little grill, so I thought I would just set up on the grass somewhere. I think I need a permit? Does anyone go around checking these things?

-Chris

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2383
Posted From: 4.229.81.21
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With the "unmowed" condition of many of Detroit's parks.... be careful not to start a brush fire!

Although..... Steve Wilson would probably have a field day going after KK after an embarrassment such as a brush fire in one of the city parks. After all in last falls election, remember how he boasted about how he kept the grass cut.

Ha ha, guess he got the last laugh.... THE NEXT DETROIT!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6101
Posted From: 70.236.198.22
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Next Detroit--A whole NEW kindling...

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1142
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No permits are needed if you have your own grill. Some areas do have the city grills however, but they are probably taken by now. My crew operator is on Belle isle now and says that there are a few families setting up shop right now. You might want to get down there and get a spot right now.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.