Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Say it aint so Big Ben!!!! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 533
Posted From: 68.43.107.72
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Ben scoffed at the Pistons initial offer, I mean who does he think he is. But it will be heartbreaking to lose him. When that gong goes off I get some hardcore goosebumps

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 537
Posted From: 71.159.22.7
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's no secret that Ben wants to max out the offer sheet. With his credentials, I don't blame him, but he has to factor in his inability to hit from the charity strike and spotty help defense as of late. My guess is that he'll take the next offer Chicago has to give (he can get more out of 'em), keep his house in Detroit, despite getting booed every chance us fans get, and take the Bulls to consecutive ass-whuppins by the Pistons from here on out.

Ron
Username: Ron

Post Number: 199
Posted From: 66.174.93.100
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll take Kevin Garnett over Ben (today). :-)

Pacypacy_
Username: Pacypacy_

Post Number: 194
Posted From: 24.192.166.67
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See ya' Ben, all during the playoff's when it came to free throws your accuracy was terrible. I doubt you hit the ground with your hat.

Rusty
Username: Rusty

Post Number: 404
Posted From: 71.201.198.197
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See ya Ben! Thank you for the great years but your not worth the money that you think you are. Plus, lets end this while we are still on good terms. Your antics (refusing to play, snide comments) this year seem like the tip of the iceberg.

Time to start McDyse and give the next Ben (Maxiell) some PT. Maxiell, Delfino and Blaylock need big minutes next year.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10276
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dennis Rodman...several time rebounding leader...went to Chicago

Ben Wallace....several time rounding leader....going to Chicago?

The Pistons are hardly in need of rebuilding, just simply shuffling a few people around, that's all. As I stated before the finals were over, I would not be surprised if one, if not both, of the Wallaces were gone by next year or by mid season.

Why Delfino has not got more playing time continues to baffle me.

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 131
Posted From: 170.232.128.10
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Poor Big Ben appears to be struggling like the rest of Michigan's economy:

"I am just sitting here on the unemployment line, waiting," Wallace said. "That's all I can do right now."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20060703/S PORTS0102/607030342

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 437
Posted From: 216.45.2.138
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get rid of him but use the trade clause instead of just losing him for the money. There's got to be a team willing to take him while giving us some quality.

Let's get to work Joe D.

Username: 3420

Post Number: 48
Posted From: 69.242.222.24
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is not worth that much money too me.Maybe knock off a million or so then it could equal the way he plays. He is a good defensive player in all, but making $100,000 more than Rasheed is out of the question. At least Rasheed makes his free throws enough and plays to his ability when you need him most.

But not making free throws when you need them is a big concern the Pistons should look at when thinking about Ben's contract,including that he is defensive player of the year.Every year its Ben's free throws and it has not improved. He needs to work on them in the off season after all this contract talk is over.

If you want to be paid that much, at least work on your free throws and make them. Thats the only problem Ben has to me.

Now what if the Pistons give him the money he wants(probably will)and you are Bill Davidson. You consider this your franchise player, then he has to work on ceratin things to make the player worth the money and work for the Pistons.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3352
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not meaning to defend the Pistons in any way shape or form here but where else can a player like Ben Wallace fit into a roster and not be a liability? Here in Detroit, his lack of offense has never been an issue because this team is focused on defense first where Ben Wallace excels. I think Ben needs to look at his options where he could fit in, play and get some satisfaction. The money might be fine elsewhere but I seriously think if he moves onto another team, their style will have to change to adapt to Ben's playing style (a rebuild) or he's going to be left out in the cold.

I'd like to think that Joe D is going to make the right moves regardless whether it's with ben or without.

7milekid
Username: 7milekid

Post Number: 125
Posted From: 68.61.161.193
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peace out Ben, the team around you is what made you into the player that you have become and you let it get to your head. Go play for the frikken lakers or something BIOTCH!

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 937
Posted From: 70.88.106.173
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"...but where else can a player like Ben Wallace fit into a roster and not be a liability"

eeeeeeraaa maybe....

Indiana, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Toronto, Philadephia, New Jersey, Miami, Boston, etc etc...along with any team in the NBA!

'Smogboy', you can't be serious!

The Pistons must sign Big Ben and Bonzi Wells!

and stop wit' the why Delfino isn't gett'n any playing time! (Poor shooter and terrible defender!)

If we get Bonzi back...kiss delfino gooooood-bye!

super d(motordetroit)

7milekid

Post Number: 127
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bonzi wells is terrible, we would never want him back

Smogboy

Post Number: 3361
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why not? Think about what some of those other teams revolve around- they're MUCH more offensive minded than Detroit is. Ben works well here because there's a system where he fits in. He's also an older established player- do you think he wants to go an dhelp a team re-build? Is he going to be someone a tema wants to build around at his age?

-Indiana, no more Stojakovic & O'Neal might be on the way out. Total rebuild here.
-Cleveland- Ben's gonna be Lebron's ball boy here. They prefer run & gun as opposed to defense.
-Toronto- another up & comer but a .329 winning percentage isn't exactly the place I'd want to go to.
-Philadelphia- Another offensive minded team and Iverson's gonna need someone to dish to. Is Ben that guy?
-all of the other teams can't possibly afford to fit Ben under the salray cap.

Seriously who can afford Ben? If Ben fits in with any of these other teams you've mentioned Super_D- tell me how they can do it. The only serious contenders to obtaining Ben are Chicago and Detroit because of the salary cap restrictions. Some say Chicago is going after him just to stick it to Detroit the way we stuck it to them years ago with the Tony Kukoc deal years ago. No other team in the NBA are going to be able to obtain Ben... seriously.

Chemak
Username: Chemak

Post Number: 72
Posted From: 130.101.48.82
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's official, Ben is gone to Chicago:

Source: Ben Wallace leaving Pistons to sign with Bulls

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/ news/story?id=2508742

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 158
Posted From: 68.62.6.147
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ben punched his ticket out of town when he decided not to go back in to that game late in the season. Inexcusable!!!

He is the ultimate one dimensional player.

Everyone dogs out the player who scores nonstop but doesn't D-up but Ben pretty much had gotten a free pass until the playoffs for being totally one dimensional.

If he averages 10.0 pts and 10+ rebounds the Pistons are 3 time champs right now.

I remember we got rid of a one dimensional player of the offensive variety a few years ago (Stack) and continued to do pretty well without him.

Chitaku

Post Number: 536
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well he's gone goodbye asshole hope you fail miserably

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 386
Posted From: 68.41.145.5
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would have hoped he would have wanted to stay for a reasonable amount of money, but if he doesn't want to stay like Allen Houston and Grant Hill before him, screw him. I really didn't think the same Pistons starting five could have come back next year and made a run at a championship. They seemed too fat and happy and I thought they needed a shake up of some kind.

From not wanting to re-enter the game in Orlando, throwing Flip under the bus in the playoffs, and shooting free throws on par with that of a 8 year old girl in the CYO league his act really grew thin with me.

Inexcusable is right as far as Wallace not re-entering the game. I lost a lot of respect for Wallace and he never should have gotten the free pass from the media and a lot of fans that he got on that issue. You simply don't quit on your team like that.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3365
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not saying that it isn't true yet but I ahven't seen any other sources (CBS sportsline, SI, Yahoo sports, Fox Sports, USA Today, etc.) confirming this just yet. If Chicago does net Big Ben, then good luck with him. They've just paid an ungodly amount of money for him and will have absolutely no room to wiggle under the cap.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3366
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chitaku- is this the way we treat players that leave Detroit?

C'mon... crit him for all you want and Ben Wallace's game does have some room to criticize but geez, when he was here he was golden. Now the fact that he might be leaving, you want him to fail? Show him some love at least.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3367
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Given the numbers on the table- would YOU stay in Detroit if it meant tens of millions more??

Rjk

Post Number: 387
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Chicago Tribune is reporting Ben to the Bulls.

Chitaku

Post Number: 537
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah I would stay in the town that made you a star. If it werent for the Pistons, Wallace would have been out of the league years ago. How much more money does a pro athlete need. 2 faces of detroit sports left today 1 class act and 1 ass

7milekid

Post Number: 128
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bens career will bomb in chicago

Chitaku

Post Number: 538
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i hope it does via Grant Hill

Blessyouboys
Username: Blessyouboys

Post Number: 490
Posted From: 69.209.159.142
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, just lost immense respect for you, Ben.

Double whammy, two Detroit sports icons gone in one day.

Chemak

Post Number: 73
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just heard on WDFN that the deal Ben got from Chicago could be for 4 years worth $60 million. If the deal was that large, then there is no way that Detroit should have tried to top it. He's not worth that much money in the current NBA.

Chemak

Post Number: 74
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chris McCosky (Detroit News) just confirmed rumor of 4 year $60 million contract on WDFN. NO SIGN AND TRADE WITH BULLS.

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 132
Posted From: 24.247.222.121
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

consider yourself in his shoes though...it wasnt as if he played his whole career in detroit like yzerman and he had hinted earlier this year that he couldn't see himself living in the detroit area for the rest of his life...he wanted a change of scenery. if most people were offered a job for 80k over one that paid them 40k, they would take the jump too.

Rjk

Post Number: 388
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A. Sherrod Blakely has reported on Mlive that the deal is for $60 million over 4 years.
Chris McCloskey from the Detroit News has reported the same thing.

$15 mil. for Ben? No thanks.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2762
Posted From: 66.167.59.60
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Ben Wallace for the great basketball and spirit you brought to the Pistons. Good luck. We love ya and glad to see you make some big $$.

BONG! BONG! BONG! cha-ching!

^^ Had to say that and I meant it.

Now...

I wouldn't pay $15 mil for 4 years of your services - not at this point in your career / age. You're a great player, but if you can't make the free throws... you can't play the crunch time minutes. Simple but fatal.

Excited to see what Joe D, the real genius, can shop with all that freed up money.

Oh yeah, time to make Tayshaun the franchise?

Username: 3420

Post Number: 49
Posted From: 69.242.222.24
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would have thought that the money the Pistons offered and all the love the team and fans gave him would be enough. I think Joe D will shop around for someone who is in the same mold as Ben, but a player who can also make free throws and more effective on the offense as well.

I believe Ben will do well in Chicago, but he won't have the same chemistry there like he had with the Pistons. Being paid all that money is one thing, but you have to step your game up now Ben to make sure the Bulls are getting there money worth out of you.

Its sad to see you go, but I think it is for the good you leave. This reminds me of when you had someone who you thought loved you, but you find out in the end that they only used you for what you could do for them.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1314
Posted From: 68.60.143.186
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I for one will wish Ben the best. I can't blame a guy for taking that kind of money. Chitaku and 7milekid are just showing their lack of class. The man was money all of the years he has been here. You don't hear Miami complaining about Shaq's free throw percentage. Good luck Ben and please play badly in games against the Pistons.

quote:

-Philadelphia- Another offensive minded team and Iverson's gonna need someone to dish to. Is Ben that guy?

haha, Iverson passing, tht is funny.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3369
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gumby- that's what I meant with a sense of sarcasm with regards to Iverson and the Sixers mix. There was no way Ben was going to them and have the team revolve around him; it's AI all the way there until they cut him loose.

Admittedly if any of us were in Ben's big shoes and we had a chance to make that sort of money- we'd be there in a heartbeat and if we were any sort of friend of Ben's, we'd tell him to leave too.

This sort of scenario reminds me of when Marty LaPointe left the Red Wings. Granted he wasn't the face or the identity of the team but he was an original draft pick and a fan fave to some, but he was given an opportunity to go to Boston for an ungodly amount of money. We all wished him well and bid fond adieu.

Same with Ben Wallace- we wish him the best of luck... except for when he plays us. And I'd like to think we were special to him to a certain degree too. Good memories but sometimes we all have to move on. For $60 million as opposed to $48 million, I'd be playing there too.

Now that Chicago's bitten, don't think that they're not going to be hamstrung with this ponderous salary.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1318
Posted From: 68.60.143.186
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 1:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah btw.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/ story/9539104

Supersport

Post Number: 10283
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 2:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I would have thought that the money the Pistons offered and all the love the team and fans gave him would be enough.

Seriously, if I just had the $4 million DIFFERENCE that he got, I would retire for life right now and be happy. While it may seem like chump change compared to most of our salaries, think about what $4 million really is.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3370
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 3:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Supersport... the difference was between $60 million that the Bulls offered and $49.6 million by the Pistons. It's a little more than $4 million difference. That's an additional $10.4 million for the same time frame.

Dtrain
Username: Dtrain

Post Number: 47
Posted From: 69.210.30.145
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The thing that bugs me the most about this is now Ben (or his agent putting words in his mouth)is saying he was disrespected by the Pistons offer. It was the largest salary ever offered a Pistons player and would have made him the highest paid on the team?! Just shut up and take your money Ben! No need for you to rub our noses in it with your "disrespect" and "unemployed" comments. How disrespectful is that to the people who really are unemployed and have supported you for years, missed free throws and all. And if you thought Flip was a twerp wait 'til Skiles gets under your skin. Best of luck to you Ben, I really do mean it. I wish we could of done a sign and trade though for Tyson Chandler.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 763
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's too much money for a guy that couldn't win a game of HORSE.
Basketball is still a team game and I'l be interested to see how Joe D reconstructs the team.
He'll have some extra cash now.
I think Ben got too comfortable here. Some of these guys individually believe they are the best thing since sliced bread now after winning as a team.
Their playoff performance showed many weaknesses that need to be addressed.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 693
Posted From: 68.61.194.237
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe now the Pistons wont have to play 4 on 5 when it comes to offense. Ben was a big liability this way, there wan nobody in the league that respected him enough to get on his face when the Pistons were on offense. I'm not sure if the benefits (rebounding, and defense) out weighed the cost with Ben ... especially for the money.

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 68.41.196.57
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Personally I am very happy for him. I think this works out great for everyone involved except possibly the bulls. Ben was great for us and a leader of our championship team, but there was no way I wanted to pay him 12 million a year let alone 15 considering he is already slipping and will be 36 at the end of this contract. The sentimental and moral side of me says he deserves 60 million based on past service to the team and being underpaid. Im just extremely happy he got it elsewhere.

Supersport

Post Number: 10287
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My bad. My phone last night said that he got $52 million, that was the last I heard of it. If he did in fact get $60 million, then it was hardly even a decision as to whether or not to stay.

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 976
Posted From: 24.231.189.137
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Riddance

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 631
Posted From: 68.41.93.235
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just in: Nazr Mohammed is your newest piston.

I was hoping for something better... Joe is losing his touch.

Tetsua

Post Number: 695
Posted From: 69.246.1.166
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mmmm, Mohammed huh ... could have been worse.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 730
Posted From: 69.209.187.172
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Best of luck (except against us), Ben.

I agree with Lowell-time for Tayshaun to rise to the top for us.

Chitaku

Post Number: 539
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How often did Mohammad start for San Antonio?

Tetsua

Post Number: 697
Posted From: 68.61.194.237
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He started for almost half the season for San Antonio.

Chitaku

Post Number: 542
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

was he any good?

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 632
Posted From: 68.41.109.36
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He beat us a few times when San Anton played against us in the finals.

Rjk

Post Number: 389
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice pickup by the Pistons. He's a serviceable center that given enough minutes can get you double figures in points and around 8 rebounds, which has been his average when he's played 25 plus minutes a game.

He's no Ben Wallace, but with each passing year Ben Wallace is playing a lot less like the once dominant Ben Wallace of the Pistons championship year.

(Message edited by rjk on July 05, 2006)

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4486
Posted From: 141.217.84.90
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well "FRO LONG" Ben Wallace!!! I hope you a terrible time with the Chicago Bulls. You just go where the money is.

TRAITOR.

Chefdave
Username: Chefdave

Post Number: 54
Posted From: 68.85.144.61
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that we have a new center I wonder what joe d next move will be. Does he keep things intact or does he shake things up?

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 19
Posted From: 208.27.111.125
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont think he has a choice. He has to shake things up. Although I didnt want to pay ben the money, the fact of the matter is with him in the lineup next year there was always the thought in the back of your mind that they could possibly win the championship. Now that isnt even conceivable. Even with Ben in the lineup, Joe was going to have to make some moves to strengthen our team. By the way, how much has the entire darko situation, starting with drafting him to trading him to free up space for ben blown up in Joe's face? It looks pretty bad

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 1629
Posted From: 4.229.132.67
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sentiment from the sports media is that no other major things will happen.
The Pistons will likely move away from the defensive philosophy to an offensive one as this is what the league i.e. Comm Stern is marketing.
Chris Mcosky wrote about this shortly after the Pistons were eliminated......the league wants offense and glitz and flash.B.Wallace was given a fair offer by the Pistons he chose something else, that is fine.Dumars is smart to not make the mistakes other GM's make in over paying.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.