Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Focus groups in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 3493
Posted From: 70.229.123.129
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone ever been part of a focus group in the Detroit area? How does it work and what did you do it for? I know that the general public cannot simply “apply” to be in one like applying for a job.

A girl I worked with was part of one where she listened to songs from a local radio station for an hour, judged them, and then got paid $120.

any thoughts?

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 323
Posted From: 24.192.25.47
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You do just apply for them, you just have to know where to ask. With that, I can't help, but I've participated in one in the Chicago area back in the day, and you just have to request to be put on their list and they'll call you when studies come up.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 284
Posted From: 4.229.81.71
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Located in Farmington Hills:

http://www.morpace.com/

Has a place to click to get in their database of names for studies.

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 114
Posted From: 69.136.155.244
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was contacted by Morpace about eight years ago and participated in one of their focus groups. It took a couple of hours of my time one evening to drive out there and sit through the group session. I was treated very professionally during the contact phase and during the focus group process. I forget the amount I was paid, but I think it was around $50.

Apparently WJBK TV-2 was doing viewer research on their weather talent and our focus group was subjected to various video clips of Kam Carman and Rich Luterman (who was still very new to their station at that time and his delivery was nowhere near as polished as Kam's). I thought that, given the clips we were shown, Rich wouldn't be around too much longer (I could watch Kam all night long <grin>), but apparently the women in the focus group felt just as strongly about Rich.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.