Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Daily hate » Daily hate - 2 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10225
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you have Cliff Notes for this stuff?

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 817
Posted From: 69.14.30.175
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Do you have Cliff Notes for this stuff?

whites have hated, hate now, and always will hate blacks.

(Message edited by thecarl on June 25, 2006)

Livedog2
Username: Livedog2

Post Number: 515
Posted From: 24.223.133.177
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave is the only one that makes any sense on this issue. The only person you can change is yourself and if the black community wants to change their situation that change starts with themselves. To wit, Kwame wasn't doing the job and what did the black community do? They re-elected him. So, you've got'em, now. The only person with a sensible approach to the city, Dennis Archer turns out, "he ain't black enough!" You'll be hip hopp'in and talk'in bout the same schitt when Kwame's term ends! The only hope for Detroit is for Cleveland to start a new industry with thousands of manufacturing jobs so the exodus can start out of the Detroit Ghettoland. Short of that nothing will change.!

Livedog2

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 207
Posted From: 69.221.64.123
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait... You folks are not actually reading these long transmissions from Rasputin, are you? Please say you're not. And why do you even pay any attention to the stuff this asshole comes up with?

Livedog2

Post Number: 517
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're right, Ravine I don't! After reading the 1st couple of his posts he became predictable and tedious. Now, when I'm bored, every once in awhile I throw him a bone to feed his racism and watch him jump onto his scripted diatribe.

Frankly, I’m still convinced he’s an angry, white kid from Mt. Clemens with halitosis from drinking his own morning urine. He read some spiritual book from the Mayflower Bookstore about ascetics from India that follow that practice. And, he wonders why he never gets any! Sheez!!

sadhu

Livedog2

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3684
Posted From: 68.74.31.233
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sporty; methinks the white woman that authored the material intended for you to methodically read for comprehension and action ...... she didn't provide a "crash course!!" or a "dumbed-down" version for kiddies and rednecks!!! Go figure .....

Black-atcha .....

Rasputin

Post Number: 3685
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whatsamatter 2LeggedCanine? Ya still pissed because we exposed you, then ordered you back to your corner, told you to lie down and do what you do the most and best ..... lick your ass & private excretionary parts, while panting like a hoe in heat?!?!?! Such is the life of a Dog/Bitch!! How's that for "Daily Hate!!!!"

Black-atcha ..... 'biting' to post a personalized adhominem today. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming. (typos edited)

(Message edited by Rasputin on June 25, 2006)

Nip
Username: Nip

Post Number: 97
Posted From: 67.38.28.107
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras, you seem to have the life of a bitch too, because that's all you ever do. You uneducated, ignornat, hateful mofo.

(Message edited by Nip on June 25, 2006)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3688
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, now I'm "uneducated" WRONG!!, "ignornat" - whatever the fukk that means - WRONG AGAIN!!!, a "hateful" - although I don't even use the term 'hate' - WRONG for the 3rd time. The boi just struck out with all that bullschitt dysfunctional "projection." Go figure ..... on such real "Daily Hate".

Black-atcha ..... Smiley ROFLMBAO at folk who think they're in control. Get enough attention, Nip???

Aaron
Username: Aaron

Post Number: 110
Posted From: 69.241.224.171
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was unconvinced until the cute cartoon mouse made it all better.

I salute you, Rasputin!

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 255
Posted From: 12.214.243.66
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thecarl,

Come on man? Where is that voice of reason you so often show.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1135
Posted From: 69.14.122.204
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"ROFLMBAO at folk who think they're in control."

And that's what is most important to you, right, Rasputin? Control. Admit it.

Do you really think that YOU are in control?

Livedog2

Post Number: 524
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We can only hope that you end up the same way your namesake did, RustPewTin! Sooner than later would be preferable!! Anytime you want a trip to Jasper for a truck ride let me know and I'll buy you a bus ticket. You can set-up one of your lectures down there like you did in Dayton in one of their "community centers" so to speak!

Livedog2

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 928
Posted From: 69.212.63.100
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Shave' stated.....

quote:

"Rasputin

will you stop with the madness already!?!?sheesh!"

'Shave', I'm not gonna castigate you too much, cause you're a sista' which makes us spiritually connected__ but what should we do, continue to sing 'WE SHALL OVERCOME', or do we need to hear another 'I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH'! That certainly won't stop 'white supremacy'. 'Ras' is masterfully edifying us about white survival and its many tactics through failed psycho-social development, which by the way, has a hand in creating things like dependency, negative self image, negative self concept, passivity, and vulnerabiltiy...you are buying into the psychological process of the white power system.

part of the plan.....

"We breed two nigger males with two nigger females. Then we take the nigger males from them and keep them moving and working. Say the one nigger female bears a nigger female and the other bears a nigger male. Both nigger females, being without the influence of the nigger image, frozen with and independent psychology, will raise their offspring into reverse positions one with the female offspring will teach her to be life herself, independent and negotiable(we negotiate with her, through her, by her and negotaite her at will)"
methods of the science of slayve psychology

.....that's some of the mental working of white supremacy, manipulating the feminine and masculine natures, which y-t will benefit from the chaos...sounds to me your black feminine energies have been twisted and reduced to the standards of white legitimacy!

y-t's working you ma'sista' with the "divide and manipulate method" You may want to re-read up on 'Ras'' key points of the white social power system which his post clearly states specific designed patterns of behavior to acheive the priorty objective of a people, such as, logic, thought, speech, action and emotional response.

as mentioned, these patterns are unconsciously carried forth in all areas of people acitvity....economics, education, labor, law, politics, religion, sex, war, and entertainment.

It is to all benefit, that 'Ras' has offered his masterful erudition of this failed social development system under the conditions of white supremacy. Class is in session, healing and passing along the knowledge__enabling his students to neutralize the impact of white supremacy on our lives with the mission to achieve a development of our genetic and constitutional potential.

'Ras', Do what we do!

super d(motordetroit)

Gildas
Username: Gildas

Post Number: 756
Posted From: 147.240.236.9
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Super_d,

That explains all the un-wed mothers of X children with X fathers in Detroit, and other places.

Except now you do it to yourselves without the "evil white people" controlling things, but do continue to blame them, even if your not fooling anyone.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4408
Posted From: 141.217.174.192
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin, keep it comming!! You really get the white-folks on the run. Thanks to your thesis of what the White man's perils and their little white LIES that supports it like a very weak hydraulic concrete that would soon collapse on its foundations.

Ravine

Post Number: 209
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is great!! Rasputin, Super_d, and Danny, all on one thread!! And just think, this shit is not costing us a dime!! More!! More!!

Nip

Post Number: 98
Posted From: 67.38.28.107
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras said:

"Damn, now I'm "uneducated" WRONG!!, "ignornat" - whatever the fukk that means - WRONG AGAIN!!!, a "hateful" - although I don't even use the term 'hate' - WRONG for the 3rd time."

Now? More like Always been. Anyone who has read your posts on this site can testify to that. Your lack of formal education is as apparent as your hate. Despite your shortcomings, I still find you entertaining! I've been here long enough to know that deep down your imperceptive and callous commentary is just a cover for your low self-esteem.

Ras said:

ROFLMBAO at folk who think they're in control. Get enough attention, Nip???

Control...? You're the ranting fool who tried to hijack this thread; you're the one who ALWAYS tries to get attention. Don't you get enough at home? I'm guessing not.

Pamequus
Username: Pamequus

Post Number: 58
Posted From: 158.229.218.204
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep blaming white people for all your problems, don't even consider looking about and figuring out what you could do to improve your situation. Screaming your theories over and over again will not make them any more truthful and you'll not do yourself nor your race one iota of good. Better start listening to some of your own and look for something positive to devote your energies to instead of wasting them on such utter nonsense.

Paulj
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 393
Posted From: 68.248.72.4
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"lick your ass & private excretionary parts, while panting like a hoe in heat?!?!?! Such is the life of a Dog/Bitch!! How's that for "Daily Hate!!!!" "

Spoken like a true intellectual. My favorite part is where super_d compared that drivel to Harvard intellectualism. truly laughable stuff here.

I guess I gotta go get more popcorn or find a new show...

G'night folks, all points have been proven

Rasputin

Post Number: 3690
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you noticed a pattern, Super_d? A pattern of "hate-filled" rhetoric being posted on this thread? No more use of "code-words" but the real raw deal from "allegedly" real people. Notice the socially accepted vileness in their "rhetoric of violence." Oh, there's even a segment here just for Shave (presuming that you are acquainted from your post above). Go figure ..... on this next part:

quote:

F. EUROCENTRISM

Eurocentrism is a term used to describe a world view which puts European thinking, values, civilization, history, geography, art and people at the center of its perspective. The lives and cultures of peoples from Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Arab world are put on the margins, or else ignored entirely.

“Eurocentric culture,” which in the United States is a core part of white culture, needs to be distinguished from “European cultures,” that is, the particular cultural expressions of different peoples and nations which reside on the European continent. Defensive white culturalists often call criticisms of Eurocentrism, “Europe bashing.” That is nonsense. Critics are not saying, “Don’t listen to Mozart.” What they are saying is, “Mozart is to European classical music what John Coltrane is to African/American classical music: both are giants in their fields, and should be studied and valued as such.

Most aspects of Eurocentrism were brought to this continent by the European invaders and their biographers. It has been reinforced through the centuries and still dominates educational, scientific and media institutions today. In my opinion, some aspects of what is criticized as Eurocentric are wholly destructive; other aspects are destructive only when they are used to marginalize or ignore other forms of thinking and values. I will try to distinguish between the two:

Examples of wholly destructive ways of thinking;

+ Power as domination over others, rather than power as creative capacity to act; + Either/or logic; as distinguished from a both/and way of thinking; + Destruction, rather than stewardship, of the earth, air and water; + Ownership, rather than stewardship of the land; i.e., land as “private property;” + Ownership of people as private property; + “Despiritualization” of the universe; + Separation of human from connectedness and responsibility in the world; + Violence toward other beings as an expression of manhood; + Belief that one’s religion must be brought to others; “it’s god’s will;” + View of time as linear, including belief in inevitable “progress;” + Belief that there is only one truth, and if you don't see it, you’re damned. + The continent of Europe, or North America, is at the center of the world.

Examples of views that are destructive only when they marginalize other views: + Knowledge can be gained from reasoning, analysis, measurement and counting; + The knower and known are separable; + Sex is an expression of love; + A purpose of families is to create and nurture the next generation of human beings; + European and European American men have created beautiful literature and art.

* *( For a comprehensive critique of Eurocentrism, see Marimba Ani, Yurugu: An African— Centered Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behavior. N.J: Africa World Press, 1994)

G. HOMOGENEITY: ‘WHITE BREAD’ CULTURE*

Eurocentrism, especially when it gets mixed with the rest of white culture, and sold as a capitalist commodity, promotes a mix of culture that is homogenous, lacking and fearful of diversity. It stifles people’s minds, puts them in a box. It is extremely boring. And, like ‘white bread,’ it comes in a pretty package but has no nutritional value.

(* Inspired by "The Wonder—breading of our Country,” a chapter in the pamphlet, The Subjective Side of Politics by Margo Adair and Sharon Howell. Available from Tools for Change; P.O. Box 14141; San Francisco,
Ca. 94114. Phone 415—861—6838.)

H. SOCIALLY SANCTIONED VIOLENCE

Some African centered scholars say that European cultures developed a belief in the value of violence thousands of years ago, when the earliest peoples on the European continent were struggling to survive in a hostile climate, with few sources of food and shelter. Men in these early tribes had to kill to survive and feed their families. If there were no immediate sources of food available in the forest, they would raid another tribe’s food, often killing tribal members in the process. Norse and Viking mythology which glorifies the bloody warrior, testifies to the accuracy of this analysis.

(See especially the theory of the Two Cradles of Civilization as articulated by Cheikh Anta Diop in The Cultural Unity of Black Africa. Chicago: Third World Press, 1978.)

Europe at the time of the invasion of the Americas and Africa was rife with violence. The English tortured, starved and killed thousands of Irish. Feudal landlords threw hapless peasants off their lands, sending them to the cities to beg and starve. The Catholic Church ordered the burning of thousands of women at the stake as witches in Northern Europe; and expelled the Jews and Moors from Spain during the Inquisition. Virtually every method of brutality that the Europeans would practice on the indigenous and African peoples had already been tried out and perfected on other Europeans.

See Theodore W. Allen, The Invention of the White Race. Volume One: Racial Oppression and Social Control. New York: Verso Press, 1994; Karl Marx, excerpts from “The Transition from Feudalism to Capitalism,” in Edwards, Reich and Weisskopf, eds., The Capitalist System. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1972; the film “The Burning Times;” and Jan Carew, “The end of the Moorish enlightenment and the beginning of the Columbian Era,” in Race and Class: The Curse of Columbus. Vol. 33, january—March 1992, #3.).

In the United States, white rulers never hesitated to inflict violence on oppressed whites. The Pilgrim fathers burnt young women at the stake in Salem. Mine owners hired armies to gun down working class families during bitter strikes in mining towns. Landlords regularly evict tenants who fall behind in their rent. And today’s multi—national capitalists cheerfully throw millions of workers out of work while they rake in billions in profits.

But the most sustained, wide spread, and socially acceptable forms of violence have been, and still are, waged against peoples of color. The United States as a nation state was founded with violence: mass murder of millions of indigenous people, the nefarious Middle Passage during which millions of Africans died; the system of chattel slavery which lasted 300 years; and the brutal war against Mexico in which thousands of Mexican people were slaughtered by U.S. troops. The United States still invades nations of color, murdering and starving thousands.

“Socially sanctioned violence” means just that —— violence that is accepted, tacitly or actively, by the majority of a society. In the U.S., only the forms of violence against people of color have changed over the centuries, not the content or result.

For example, lynching was an acceptable form of white violence against African Americans and Chicanos until a few decades ago. Now that same role is provided by police in communities of color each night. The form is now hidden from white view; the content and result are the same. Another example: in the 19th century, white squatters stole Indian land with the consent of Congress. Today, corporations buy and pollute that land, still with the consent of Congress. Both forms of violence kill people; they just employ different forms of laws.

I. THE CULTURE OF RACIALIZED EMOTIONS

White culture creates and recreates carefully manipulated racialized emotions in peoples of color and in white people. For people of color, internalized racism may produce feelings of 90w self esteem” and a distrust of other peoples of color. The effects of pervasive, systemic racism produce emotions of suppressed and explosive rage. Most often the rage is taken out on other peoples of color. Periodically it emerges in a communal explosion, such as in the Los Angeles uprising. On a daily basis, suppressed rage can be deadly to one’s mental and physical health, producing symptoms similar to those called post traumatic stress syndrome which is common to those who have lived their lives in a war zone.

For white people, the most common emotions are a complex of guilt and sense of powerlessness; a combination of fear, hatred, contempt and fascination especially for African Americans; and an obsession with racialized sex. (The following comments make no attempt to explain these emotional phenomena from a psychological view, but merely to comment on them.)

As a political organizer, I believe that guilt is closely related to a sense of powerlessness. On the positive side, emotions of guilt demonstrate that a human being has not lost all his/her humanity: she still feels vaguely responsible for social injustice. But when she chooses not to act, maintaining that she is powerless, her guilt then emotionally paralyzes her, to the point that she cannot or will not act. (For a satirical expression of this, see Jan Adams and Rebecca Cordon’s “The Wackos at the Anti—Racism Conference” in the Exercise Manual.) I do not believe that feelings of guilt and powerlessness can be resolved by talking. You have to break the cycle and act. In an individual, “Power is the creative capacity to act.”

I believe that fear of Black men is the most important racially manipulated emotion that has held white people captive to the white supremacy system since the colonial era. Some of this fear has its historical origins in white ruling class terror of slave revolts. This fear is in some senses justified, since organized rebellions of African Americans have, since the colonial period, have been the most significant threats to the white supremacy system.

Other whites fear that African Americans would treat them as they have treated African Americans, if African Americans had the opportunity. They fear any organized action of Black people, whether a small group of men walking down the street, or an independent African American organization. There is no historical justification for this fear. It is racially manipulated.

Some of this fear is sexually based, again with its origins in the period of slavery. White males routinely raped women of African descent. After the defeat of Reconstruction, white men and women joined in lynching and castrating African American men, justifying their barbarity with the myth that Black men were raping white women. Anti—racist analysts like Jacquelyn Dowd Hall (“The Mind that Burns in Each Body,” in Race, Class and Gender: An Anthology, edited by Margaret Anderson and Patricia Hill Collins; Belmont: Wadsworth Press, 1992, pp. 397—412) see this sexual barbarism as linked to projections of white male actions onto Black males. This sexual obsession continues unabated today.

Many whites fear that Blacks will wipe out the “white race.” Dr. Frances Cress Welsing asserts in her “Cress Theory of Color Confrontation and Racism/White Supremacy,” (The Isis Papers: The Keys to the Colors. Chicago: Third World Press, 1991) that whites fear the genetic annihilation of the white race. The majority of whites fear losing any form of political, economic or cultural power or privileges. The expression of these fears has been historically lethal for people of color. Enraged whites time and against have acted violently toward peoples of color. In fact, white mob violence has been a staple of white culture throughout U.S. history.

..... big surprise is still to come, stay tuned .....

Black-atcha ......

Paulj

Post Number: 395
Posted From: 68.248.72.4
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there's some bandwidth we'll never get back....

Danny

Post Number: 4413
Posted From: 141.217.174.192
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pamequus,

From all over the world are blamed all that time for their diabolical ethic crimes from cultual cleasing to foreign nation exploitation. Rasputin is telling the plain simple TRUTH about the history of white people.

Here's how it goes:

A DEFINITION OF WHITE SUPREMACY quoted by Mickey Ellinger and Sharon Martinas:

White supremacy is an historically based, institutionally perpetuated system of exploitation and oppression of continents, nations and peoples of color by white peoples and nations of the European continent; for the purpose of establishing, maintaining and defending a system of wealth, power and privilege.

It's happening today.

White culture is an artificial, historically constructed culture which expresses, justifies and binds together the United States white supremacy system. It is the cultural matrix and glue which binds together white—controlled institutions into systems; and white—controlled systems into the global white supremacy system. Since World War II, the white culture of the United States has been the center of the global white culture.

It happening today. Most white-folks tend within their enviroment creating their own world of make-believe and getting the children to believe the blacks and other ethnic minorities only exists on T.V. books and movies.

White culture is not the only culture in the current territory of the United States. There are numerous others: many kinds of indigenous, African— American and African— Caribbean, Chicano and Latino with regional variations, a multiplicity of Asian cultures, indigenous Hawaiian, many Arabic cultures, and expressions of many European peoples.

But white culture is the dominant culture. What are some of the characteristics of this dominant culture? In thinking about these characteristics, please recall Dr. Wade Nobles’ definition of power: “Power is the ability to define reality and to convince other people that it is their definition.” (See “Definitions,” Political Perspectives. Exer. Manual.)

1. It defines who you are, and who “others” are in relation to you. For example, a white culture term for ‘people of color’ is ‘non—white,’ i.e., non—people.

2. It shapes your attitudes, thinking, behavior and values. For example, a white woman shrinks in fear when passing an African American man on the street; yet the great’ danger to white women comes from white men in the home.

3. It consciously and unconsciously suppresses and oppresses other cultures. For example, slave owners consciously suppressed African spirituality and taught Africans Christianity to make them ‘docile.’ Or, employers fire workers for speaking Spanish in a restaurant, but promote workers who speak French.

4. It consciously and unconsciously appropriates aspects of oppressed cultures. For example: every form of African American music: gospel, blues, Jazz, rhythm and blues, and rap, has been copied by white musicians with no credit given to the creative sources of the music. Or, white New Agers become instant healers, charging hefty fees, by appropriating ancient indigenous healing practices.

5. It is normative: the standard for judging values and behavior.

6. It is assumed, unquestioned, not on the agenda: the ways things are.

7. It is hidden -- not at all obvious to the dominating or oppressing practitioners, but often painfully, obvious to peoples whose cultures have been suppressed, oppressed or appropriated.

That culture still exists today. White-folks just believing themselves that they are superior, giving to them by God to rule the Earth and enslave the dumb and inferior creates such the black folks.

A. THE CULTURE OF RACIAL OPPRESSION: (CULTURAL RACISM)

1. White culture perpetuates the ideology that people of color are morally and mentally inferior to white people. Throughout the history of the United States, white culture has characterized people of color as ‘‘savage, ‘‘ignorant,’’ ‘‘depraved,’’ ‘‘bestial,’’ “lazy,” “dirty,” “illegal” and “criminal.”

This ideology continues unabated today. For example, white students and white workers assume that the only reason a person of color gets into college or into a good job is because of affirmative action: that is, the people of color could not have competed with the white person were the playing field “level.” In these examples, the white people cannot imagine that the people of color might be equally or more qualified than the whites for the positions they achieved.

2.. White culture stereotypes figures and behaviors of peoples of color. A common method is to take some cultural attribute forced on people of color by conquest and continuing racial oppression, and making that attribute into a symbol of the whole people. For example, the film Ethnic Notions by Marvin Riggs delineates a history of white stereotypes of African Americans in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Stereotypes such as the “minstrel,” the “mammy,” “coon’ illustrate forms of assumed behavior that is carried into contemporary stereotypes of African Americans embodied in terms like “criminal,” “gang member” and “welfare mother.” Forms change; meanings stay on.

3. By defining reality as white, and convincing peoples of color that white reality is their reality, white culture actively promotes internalized racism and inter—racial tensions among peoples of color. Internalized racism disempowers a person and a people. Inter—racial hostility prevents different peoples of color from uniting for their common purposes and against their common oppressors.

In this way, white culture expresses a successful white ruling class strategy of “divide and conquer.” Imprisoning a person’s mind is more thorough and long—lasting than imprisoning her body.

4. White culture labels the cultures of the Americas, Africa, Asia and the Arab world as inferior to cultures that have evolved in Europe. Furthermore, white culture actively promotes the historical lie that the culture that evolved in ancient Greece was the “fountainhead of western civilization.”

In fact, most of the great Greek scholars and poets went to Kemet (the name for ancient Egypt), which was an African culture and civilization, to study for years before they returned to create their own forms of wisdom. And the “renaissance” of Europe did not begin in Italy, as our textbooks say, but in Spain and Portugal which, under the African and Arabic Moorish Empire of the 8th through the 15th centuries~ preserved and recreated the wisdom of the ancient world, and developed the technology which allowed the Spanish and Portuguese to embark on their voyages of exploration and conquest of lands outside Europe.

Today, there is a white cultural war against African—centred research and scholarship. White academics call this scholarship ‘self serving.’ Yet few white culturalists would call traditional historical and anthropological research, “White Studies.”

5. White culture suppresses and oppresses the cultures of peoples of color as part of an ongoing system of conquest, colonialism and racial/national oppression.

For example, the movement, now a law in many states, of “English Only” is a specific form of cultural conquest of peoples from Mexico, Central and South America and Puerto Rico, which has its historical origin in the U.S.’s 1848 war against Mexico; and the 1898 invasion of Puerto Rico. “English Only” is cultural colonialism: the peoples of colonized nations are forced to speak the language of the conqueror.

6. White culture appropriates elements of the cultures of people of color in order to mask the underlying power relationships of dominant to dominated cultures.

For example: Rhythm and Blues is an African American musical creation, but one of its most famous exponents was Elvis Presley, a white working class man from the south. Many rhythm and blues artists die impoverished. Elvis is worshipped like a god.

You can see that happening when you go out in the streets in every American Cities, when you watch T.V. log on to the internet, turn on your radio, or watching a movie. White-folks even tend to stole various etthnic minority cultures from music to their slang lauguages.

there's more too... later.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3692
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good REINFORCEMENT, Danny ..... now toss 'em a treat or else they'll wish YOU DEAD too!!

Black-atcha ..... ROFLMBAO

Livedog2

Post Number: 526
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh boy, another day of fun at hand! Hopefully, a backhand!!

From that boy, RustPewTin's teeny-weeny weenie translated into victim hood and hatred to Danny's stumbling, bumbling rhetoric and what’s that other porch monkey’s name? Oh it doesn’t matter since they all sound alike, or is that they all look alike, anyway, as I was saying, I haven’t had this much fun since, well let me share it with you. It was the Belle Isle Fish Fry:

There will be a Fish Fry at Manoogian Mansion hosted by Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick to celebrate the closing of the Belle Isle Aquarium in April.

The press release stated, “Since the Belle Isle Aquarium is only patronized by white people we have decided to close it so we can channel the $550,000/year budget toward a hip-hop, rap music contest at Dr. Martin Luther King High School on Lafayette Blvd. (Soon to be changed to Malcolm X Blvd.) immediately following the fish fry.

The prizes for the winners of the hip-hop, rap music contest will be awarded at the Family Values Monument also known as the Joe Louis Fist in downtown Detroit near Joe Louis Arena on Jefferson Blvd. (Soon to be changed to the Sally Hemings Memorial Blvd. to honor Thomas Jefferson’s slave mistress.)!”

Donations will be accepted to enhance the fish fry fund and we are happy to announce that we will accept Food Stamps in lieu of cash. Complimentary Ripple Wine and Colt 45 Malt Liquor will be provided by New Detroit, Inc. through their Keep Kwame Kool Kommittee aka KKKK!

Thank you for your kind attention to this Public Service Announcement from the Are-You-Black-Enough Committee of the Association to Keep Detroit Brown Brotherhood! We have included a copy of a photo of one of the fish that will be on the menu for the fish fry in April that appears to be saying, “What -- me worry?” 

I hope there wasn't too much code in this message for you, so you could get the gist of it!

fish

Livedog2

Pamequus

Post Number: 59
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hogwash...........

Livedog2

Post Number: 528
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No that's fish not pork!

Livedog2

Rasputin

Post Number: 3693
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

REALITY: The Belle Isle Aquarium is CLOSED!! by executive decree!!

Black-atcha ..... watching the "strawDog's" weak attempts at co-optation with sick, unenlightened "delusional posts" of "fun"????; while providing more data to justify the sista's in-depth analysis of her own people's behavior.

Livedog2

Post Number: 530
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That Marxist bullshchitt went out with the ’60’s RustPewTin! You see how it works when the mirror is aimed at you!! You can say all that you want about anyone you want but in your heart-of-hearts you know you are no better than the ones you hate. I at least admit it but you’ve still got your head in the sand or more appropriately up your ass. ass
Lies are destructive but lying to the self is self-destructive and the worst kind of lies. we can only hope the destruction works a little quicker on you!!!

Livedog2

Fury13

Post Number: 1140
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honestly, I don't think it's wise to waste too much energy on Rasputin.

The fool is alone in his small, pitiful world.

Very alone.

He's a relic of a philosophy that was faddish for a brief time, and he can't let go of his bitterness and rage, even at an elderly age. Such things often lead to cancer or some other debilitating disease. Sad.

Paulj

Post Number: 397
Posted From: 144.160.5.25
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow so yeah, who's lining up to live here again? now I know why my house sat on the market for 1.5 years and finally fell into foreclosure, who would move to Hatesville unless they had to?

Ras said something above about 'theres no law saying you have to be nice'. This is true, but if you invite me to your house for dinner & then call me names and insult me (and tell me you have no sympathy if i'm a victim of a crime), don't expect me to want to come over again. I guess we should all only feel compelled to do the bare miiumu of what the law obligates us to do, and then not even that if it suits your purposes (i.e. " I'd have knocked your dumb-ass off that bike!!! Just because it's you!!").

I'm sure you'll come back with 'I'd never invite you to my house anyways', but my analogy referrs to economic development in the city. Give the whole world the middle finger & see if it cares when you finally realize that Detroit is no self-sufficient island and it actually needs goods & services produced outside its boundaries.

I cant stand *with* either of you... thats some real uglyness up there! closed fists or outstreched hands, my friends?........

Mod
Username: Mod

Post Number: 44
Posted From: 192.85.50.1
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whenever you encounter hate, remind yourself that the person directing that hate outward is feeling hated.

Gildas

Post Number: 760
Posted From: 147.240.236.9
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate Ras...

Rasputin

Post Number: 3695
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-bump- for maximum exposure

Black-atcha .....

Paulj

Post Number: 399
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i dont hate you, or wish you dead, ras... I just feel bad for ya.

Super_d

Post Number: 929
Posted From: 70.88.106.173
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Ras' you 'dun' pulled all the repressed and unacknowledged behavior out of 'y-t'(How therapeutic!....don't ya'll('y-t') feel better!

Now take a deep breath (pause)
.........in
.........out
.........in
.........out
.........in
.........out

now breathe , cause you are show'n yo' 'TRUE COLOR'!!!!go figure!

super d(motordetroit)

Paulj

Post Number: 400
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel great, D... thanks for your concern.

Fury13

Post Number: 1148
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"i dont hate you, or wish you dead, ras... I just feel bad for ya."

Right. I would agree that he is to be pitied.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3921
Posted From: 24.11.154.56
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pity is only deserving for those that don't know any better...

Rasputin

Post Number: 3696
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel ya Super_d. Amazin' ain't it ..... the sista wrote more. Gonna put it up later.

What's really amuzin' is what's about to come ..... stay tuned.

Black-atcha .....

Paulj

Post Number: 401
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey man, just for clarity....

you expect us to read reams of cut & paste material, yet I address you directly in straight-forward language and all you have is a pat on the back for your pom-pom squad? just wanna be on the same page as I attempt to examine these deep-held beliefs you have.

Gildas

Post Number: 761
Posted From: 69.216.103.55
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was just saying "I hate Ras" so he could justify his strange behavior. Without the hate it would just be delusional paranoia.

I'm doing my part to empower his racist rants, other wise it just paranoia and none of actually think that Ras is paranoid.

Do we...

Ravine

Post Number: 218
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, he may be a paranoid, but we know for sure that he's a nnoyed.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3922
Posted From: 24.11.154.56
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just love Ras' "stay tuned." It should be obvious to anyone that he loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

That's right, Ras, teach those white people a lesson! Yeah, you go, Ras. Yeah...lol

You don't give a damn about the advancement of the black community, and you've shown that again and again in your never-ending quest for self-importance and self-control.

(Message edited by lmichigan on June 26, 2006)

Wabashrr1
Username: Wabashrr1

Post Number: 172
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I guess I gotta go get more popcorn

Is it ready yet??

Paulj

Post Number: 402
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm gonna have to buy some stock in Orville Redenbacher if this continues...

...It really is a show. A dialogue involves 2 parties listening to & responding to each other. This is a case of talking 'at' someone, and 'for' others. We're all expected to do our homework on his propagandistic books, but in the end it's just simplex communication intended to make the writer feel justified and self-important. The writer is then proven to be absolutely correct and all knowing by making the pom-pom squad clap their hands and recite another mindless cheer.

The lesson: you can buy books on any subject, by any author, and they instantaneously and completely apply to individuals you've never even even met in person. The best part is, whatever interpretation you chose, is always right! You even get to ignore and omit the parts that dont apply to your corridor-like worldview. All you need to do is vehemently believe they are the truth, even in light of intellectual challenges.

Don't believe me? Ask the puritans at the Salem witch trials or the Taliban....

Thecarl

Post Number: 818
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rasputin,

1. could you ever see being friends with - or simply trusting - a white person? much of what you've posted above suggests that white people are categorically manipulative, abusive, or greedy, either actively or passively. it's hard for me to imagine that a person who is truly good, who commends kind deeds to all living beings, who is a true guardian and protector, at peril of self, to those who cannot defend themselves, and who freely forgives and shares even with those who would commit an injustice upon them - is lacking in virture because they are white.

perhaps you can address this, and characterize a white person whom you would accept without prejudice, if that is possible.

2. can you compare and contrast the struggles of the jewish people in europe with the struggles of african-americans in the united states? can you further compare the struggles of those with irish-catholic, latino, hispanic, asian, and african lineage, in america?

3. i'm interested in finding out how genocide, violence, oppression, disenfranchisement, and other social injustices affect a group of people. the obvious outcomes are subservience, flight, or fight. other responses are less obvious, systemic, and institutional, and probably involve a false, assumed, or presumed sense of assimilation - like pretending that blacks and whites are equals at the table or in a board room. perhaps you can reflect on question #2 and detail how various groups have responded to various injustices.

rasputin, i will say this. i hope you can allow my opinions, because i will allow yours. i ask these questions earnestly. that being said, i'm sure you understand that the writing of the author you continue to post are deliberately inciteful, and bear wholesale accusations. while many points are quite interesting, the author makes elliptical comparisons, presents scenarios where the actor is not clearly identified, makes sweeping generalizations, and presents spurious conclusions. also, it's predictable. and, we've seen lots and lots and lots and lots of it.

i'd like to see YOUR thoughts.

Pamequus

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carl...marvelous post!!

Ravine

Post Number: 222
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thecarl... Forget it... He's not interested in reading, or listening to, anything that doesn't back up his viewpoint... Now, if you know of a book called "Whitey Sux," now you're talkin'...

Mod

Post Number: 46
Posted From: 192.85.50.2
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

“I met blonde-haired, blued-eyed men I could call my brothers."

-Malcolm X, upon his return from Mecca

Danny

Post Number: 4427
Posted From: 141.217.84.90
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here some more Pamequus, B. THE CULTURE OF WHITE PRIVILEGE

White privilege is the other side of the coin of racial oppression. Therefore, it should not be surprising to see that the culture of white privilege is a mirror image of the culture of racial oppression.

1. White culture perpetuates the ideology that white people are morally and intellectually superior to people of color. For example, many suburban white women and men think they get into college because they are “more intelligent” than Chicanos, Native Americans or African Americans; when, in fact, they get into college because their high schools prepare them more effectively for college boards than do most high schools in urban areas.

IT HAPPEN RIGHT NOW. WHITE KIDS WHO GREW UP IN MIDDLE-INCOME ENVIROMENTS TEND TO GO TO GOOD SCHOOLS, LEARN WHITE MAN'S HISTORY THAN BLACK MAN'S HISTORY AND OFF TO COLLEGE WHEN THAT CAN DO BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ETHNIC FOLKS.

2. White culture stereotypes figures and behavior of white people. A common method is to take some cultural attribut~ which is the result of hundreds of years of institutionalized white privilege in the United States, and projecting this attribute as solely the result of the person’s individual, heroic efforts.

For example, the son or daughter of a European immigrant is portrayed as having risen to wealth and power from initial poverty solely as a result of moral fortitude and hard work. But, in fact, European immigrants historically have both worked hard and received privileges from the U.S. government that people of color (whether they were immigrants, indigenous or kidnapped) have been historically denied at different times.

European immigrants (differentially for men and women) had the right to become citizens, the right to own land, the right to bring and to live with a family, the right to travel in search of work, the right to vote, the right to practice their own language and religion without interference, the right to organize mutual self—help societies and small businesses without being broken up by white mobs, the right to a public school education, the right to bring suit and testify in court, and the right to hold public office.

IT HAPPEN RIGHT NOW!!! AS IT DID A LONG TIME AGO. WHITE EUROPEANS WHO CAME TO AMERICA TEND TO LIVE IN POVERTY, CRAMME UP IN THEIR ETHNIC COMMUNITIES, WORK, RAISED THEIR CHILDREN, GET A HOUSE WITH A BIG BACKYARD, SEND THEM OFF TO COLLEGE, START A FAMILY AND BE FAMOUS AND REPEAT. WHILE MOST BLACKS AND ETHNIC FOLKS STRUGGLE TO THE BONE. SOME WOULD MAKE IT, OTHERS WOULD DIE.

3. By defining reality as white, and convincing white people that it is their reality, the culture of white supremacy is portrayed as universal, applying to all humankind.

For example, a “History of Western Civilization” begins with Greece, then moves to Rome, then Europe, ending with the United States. But this is a course on Europe, (which is fine provided the course begins with the contributions of Kemet to Greece), but it is not a course on “western civilization.” Another example: ABC network tells its reporter covering the elections in South Africa to put an “Americans in South Africa” spin on the story, otherwise U.S. readers will not be interested in the story!

Or, white feminists create brilliant analyses of patriarchy coming from their European cultural experience, and then try to generalize this analysis to the relationships between men and women whose ancestral cultures originate in Africa, the Americas, Asia or Arabic world. And, we call the white women s movement, “the women’s movement.”

IT HAPPEN RIGHT NOW WITH THE MEDIA COVERAGE OF WAR IN IRAQ WHEN MOSTLY WHITE AMERICAN SOLDIERS. SHOOTING AND KILLED THE DARK MONSTERS CALL THE IRAQI MUSLIMS JUST LIKE BE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME. MOVE THE CURSOR TO YOUR TARGET AND DESTROY THE EVIL MONSTERS BEFORE IT TOO LATE. SAME GOES WITH TERRORISM AROUND THE WORLD.

4. White culture provides a normative standard of behavior for one living in a system of white privilege. These norms are usually manifested in the arrogance of white entitlement —— an assumption of how a white person expects to be treated in the world.

Some examples: Getting angry when we have to wait in a line too long; speaking with authority, as if we are sure of correctness; talking as long as we wish, often interrupting others; getting outraged when our First Amendment rights to peacefully gather and protest are violated by police (when police violate similar rights by people of color every night, just for gathering in a group). Note: white feminists often call these forms of behavior ‘white male arrogance,’ but I believe it’s a feature of white culture which white women, now that we have more ‘equality’ with white men, practice often.

IT HAPPEN RIGHT NOW IN THE MATTER OF FACT THE MEDIA DID A COVERAGE OF MOSTLY WHITE GAY AND LESBIAN RIGHTS AND TRYING TO MAKE IT A "WHITE PRIVILAGE" INTO THE CONSTITUTION OF THE U.S.

5. White culture creates white bonding, that is, the cross class allegiance and sense of commonality that non—ruling class oppressed white men and women have with the white ruling class, on the basis of “white skin” and European ancestry.

White bonding covers up the class exploitation of poor, working and middle class whites by the ruling class, by deflecting the problems of oppressed whites from the ruling class to people of color. White bonding prevents white women from using the potential power of their vote as women because they usually support the interests of middle class and rich white men more than the interests of men and women of color.

IT HAPPENS RIGHT NOW. THERE IS A SEGREGATION WITHIN THE WHITE AMERICAN CULTURE MIDDLE CLASS WHITES TEND TO BOND WITH THE MIDDLE CLASS WHITES, POOR WHITE BOND WITH POOR WHITES AND LOW-INCOME WHITES BOND WITH LOW-INCOME WHITES UNTIL THAT BOND CAN BE BROKEN.

White bonding is at the core of the Christian right’s ‘family values’ ideology. It evokes an image of a white nuclear family in a 1950’s suburb: a suburb that practiced legal residential apartheid. White bonding is the cultural basis of racist jokes and language; it assumes of the white listener, “You know who I mean.”

IT HAPPEN RIGHT NOW! AS IT DID BACK IN THE 1950S. WHEN THE SUBURBAN SPAWL PEAKED. LOTS OF MIDDLE CLASS WHITE AMERICANS RUSHED TO THOSE COOKIE CUTTER HOMES JUST TO GET AWAY FROM BLACKS AND OTHER ETHNIC FOLKS THAT ARE QUICKLY MOVING TO THE ONCE INNER CITY COMMUNITIES. ONCE THE MODERN INNER RING SUBURBS COMPLETED, RESTRICTIVE COVERNANTS WERE IN PLACE TO KEEP MINORITIES OUT UNTIL THE H.U.D. OVERTURN THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL ACT. TODAY, MOST INNER RING SUBURBS ARE MOSTLY WHITE, BUT SOME OF AREA THAT BORDER THE INNER CITIES ARE DEMARCATED, RACIAL STEERING FROM REAL ESTATE COMPANIES IS IMMINENT, OTHER INNER RING SUBURBS IN METROPOLITAN CITIES LOST ITS WHITE CITIZENS WHEN LOTS OF BLACKS AND ETHNIC MINORITIES MOVED INTO THE ONCE COOKIE CUTTER HOMES FOR TO PURSUE A BETTER LIFE WHILE MORE WHITE FOLKS WOULD TO OPTIONS PROMOTE "INVINCIBLE SEGREGATION" OR MOVE OUT.

FOR RACIST JOKES, IT HAPPENS RIGHT NOW IF YOU SEE THE MOVIE "BAMBOOZLED" THE WORDS THAT PROMOTE OFFENSIVE RACIST JOKES TOWARD AFRICAN AMERICANS IS "MAMMIES, ALABAMA PORCH MONKEYS, COON, LITTLE BLACK SAMBO, UNCLE TOM, AUNT JEMIMA, OF COURSE NIGGER!"

White bonding is at the core of the attacks on multi—culturalism. It assumes that the only culture that should be taught in schools is white culture. White bonding calls the U.S. “America,” a term which properly applies to all the nation—states on this continent.

IT HAPPEN RIGHT NOW. OUR AMERICAN SCHOOLS ARE DEFINATELY CULTURAL BIASED EXCEPT MATHEMATICS WHICH IS UNIVERSAL. ONCE AGAIN WHITE KIDS IN WHITE SCHOOLS WILL BE ABLE TO LEARN WHITE CULTURE AND WHITE MAN'S HISTORY AND LESS ON BLACK HISTORY AND ETHNIC HISTORY.
White bonding is one of the bases of the current anti—immigrant racism sweeping California. The bonding is a reaction to the terror that most white people feel at the prospect that the majority of California residents will soon be people of color. I doubt that anti—immigrant ideologists would be using the phrase, “drowning in a sea of immigrants” if the immigrants were coming from Canada.

IT HAPPEN RIGHT NOW NOT JUST CALIFORNIA, BUT IN NEW YORK CITY,N.Y. TEXAS, NEW MEXICO, ARIZONA DUE TO INFLUX OF ETHNIC HISPANICS BY MEANS OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. THEREFORE CONGRESS AND PRESIDENT " BENDAR BUSH" ALONG WITH THE DEPT. OF HOMELAND SECURITY REACT THROUGH THEIR " WHITE PRIVILEGE" TO DEPLOY THOUSANDS OF NATIONAL GUARDS TROOPS TO SECURE THE U.S./MEXICO BORDER FROM ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND OTHER TERRORISTS.

In my opinion, white bonding is the most significant cultural barrier preventing oppressed whites from challenging the interrelated systems of oppression in the U.S.

C. THE CULTURE OF WHITE NATIONALISMS

The culture of white nationalism is the expression of the historical fact that the “founding fathers” intended this nation to be one of, for and by white people; and that the struggle to make it a nation “of, for and the people” goes on to this day.

1. The culture of white nationalism provides an identity, purpose, orientation and sense of belonging for people who immigrate to the United States from Europe. The term for this process is usually called assimilation. What it means is that a person of European descent agrees, consciously or unconsciously, to give up parts of her/his European ethnic heritage in exchange for becoming white, that is, accepting and expecting white privileges, and a sense of superiority over peoples of color, especially African Americans.

AND IT HAPPEN RIGHT NOW AS IT DID OVER 200 YEARS AGO. TAKE THE EASTERN EUROPEANS ETHNIC JEWS FROM THE 1850S TO 1950S FOR EXAMPLE. WHEN THEIR 1ST GENERATION CAME TO AMERICA, THEY CAME DIRT POOR WITH A FEW JUDAIC CULTURES IN THEIR HANDS, THEY HAVE THOUGHTLY CHECKED FOR BIOLOGICAL DISEASES AND SEND INTO THE MAINLAND AMERICA WHERE THEY CAN MINGLE AND START THEIR COMMUNTIES IN THE INNER CITY SLUMS UNTIL THE NOW THE WHITE MAN'S AMERICA LAW AND ECOMONICS AND MOVE ON TO BETTER COMMUNITIES WHERE THEY CAN GET A NEW HOUSE, START A BUSINESS AND HELP THE FELLOW JEWISH NEIGHBORS, HOWEVER THEY WERE ALLOW TO KEEP THEIR JUDAIC RELIGION AS LONG THEY DON'T INTERFERE WITH THE AMERICA LAWS, BUT THEY MUST SHAKE OFF THE EASTERN EUROPEAN CULTURE AND ADAPT TO WHITE MAN'S LAWS. AFTER THE JEWS UP TO THEIR 3 RD GENERATION HAD BEEN AMERICANIZED THEN THE WHITE-FOLKS WILL ACCEPT THEM AS "OFFICIALLY AMERICAN CITIZENS." BY THEIR HUMAN PSYCHES.

I hope you understand the TRUTH behind the LIES. more to come...

Paulj

Post Number: 404
Posted From: 68.249.241.80
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz............. ....

so correct me if I'm wrong but this is the gist ....

'You are white, and therefore due to your racial handicap you have no choice except to be a high-minded idiot racist on some level or another. In fact if you in any way disagree with my theory which is proved by the 18 pages of propaganda I just cut & pasted, then it's just further proof that you are a racist bust don't even know it. You have to be a racist because you are white. based on that fact, I am going to pre-judge all people of the same skin tone seeing as it's impossible that you are first an individual human, and then a white person. I percieve you to be a racist, therefore I am going to prejudge you and apply my theories of racial division to every thought you can concieve of because ultimately you are racist but don't know it. Therefore, one should practaice the exact profiling and prejudices that one has already convinced himself that "other side" partakes in'

Is that kinda in the ballpark? Logically it's very circular, not to mention some of the most racist crap I've ever heard. Please correct me if I've mangled some of that but thats what I've gotten out of this excercise..

I'd love to have a dialogue on this subject in the hopes of either side of the debate understanding the others point of view a little better, but its going to require folks engaging their brains and not their PC's clipboard feature. I would go out on a limb and venture a guess that one of Lowells intentions in creating (and paying for) this space is for people to understand each other a little better. Lets put it to good use rather that burning up bandwicth with someone elses out-of-context words.

Go read you r books, formulate a thought in your head, and then post it if you would, please.

(Message edited by paulj on June 27, 2006)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3697
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

J. EXPRESSIONS OF WHITE PRIVILEGE IN PROGRESSIVE CULTURE

White progressive activists are not immune to any of the cultural expressions of white supremacy predominant in the rest of white society. But there are two forms which seem to be particularly deep—rooted in our history: false universals and false analogies.

False universals: A false universal is a statement which purports to speak for all people, but in reality, speaks only for some (those who are white). The classic example is: “All men are created equal,” the famous statement from the Declaration of Independence. While the statement: has inspired generations of peoples’ struggles for equality, justice and democracy; it is also an expression of the fundamental contradiction of U.S. democratic ‘ideals. The writers of the Declaration of Independence did not intend “all men” to include men of African or Native American descent. The term may not have even included all white men, but only those who owned some property. And it certainly was not meant to include any women, regardless of national origins or class background.

The use of the false universal plagues white progressive discourse to this day. We talk of the women’s movement, the environmental movement, the anti—war movement. But what we mean is the white women’s, the white environmental, and the white anti—war movement. Our false universalism allows us to ignore or trivialize the leadership role that activists of color play in the movements for women’s liberation, environmental justice, and peace and justice, at home and abroad.

False analogies: A false analogy is a comparison between two sets of experiences which emphasizes their similarities and blots out their differences. The use of false analogies, like the use of false universals, originated in the period when white colonists were fighting for independence from Britain. Protesting Britain’s Sugar Act of 1764, John Dickinson of Pennsylvania said,

“Those who are taxed without their own consent expressed by themselves or their representatives.. .are slaves. We are taxed without our consent expressed by ourselves or our representatives. We are therefore...slaves7

(quoted in A. Leon Higginbotham, Jr. In the Matter of Color: Race and the American Legal Process: The Colonial Period. New York: Oxford University Press, 1980. p. 375)

Ironically, the tax against which the indignant colonists were protesting was a tax on the profits from their slave trade. Thus, it is not surprising that these same rebellious colonists did not think of freeing their enslaved Africans when they freed themselves from the “slavery” of English domination.

Throughout U.S. history, white progressive activists have compared our oppression to that of slavery, or to racism against African Americans, in order to win support for our own struggles. White male workers, brutally exploited by 19th century capitalists, called themselves wage slaves. White women’s rights activists of the same period analogized their oppression to slavery.

The contemporary white womens movement, born out of the African American freedom struggles of the 1960’s, compared the oppression they experienced from sexism to the experience of being oppressed by racism. And in 1993, white gays and lesbians, struggling to end the homophobic ban on their open participation in the military, have often compared their struggle to that of African Americans who demanded an end to segregation in the same institution.

When we use these analogies, we wipe out the distinct history of white supremacy’s impact on peoples of color, especially African Americans. We do not need to use false analogies to demonstrate that non—ruling class white people suffer oppression. Our history is our legacy. Understanding our own oppressions requires us to respect the differences between our histories and the histories of the diverse peoples of color in the United States.
============================== ========================
This lengthy piece on THE CULTURE OF WHITE SUPREMACY was written in September, 1994 by Sharon Martinas and the Challenging White Supremacy Workshop. Please consider this a draft. Your comments, criticisms and suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Contact the CWS Workshop.

The real surprise is that the article was written by "white folks" regarding white folks!! Go figure ..... on all the hate espoused up in here. Can it be concluded that white folks actually hate other white folk, but choose the "displacement methodology" to actually hide their hate? Go figure .....

Danny, you can take over from here ..... nice explanatory discourse above. Watch out, though ..... they may want you DEAD (as posted above) ..... they "hate" to have their own schitt thrown back them!!!!

Black-atcha .....

Rasputin

Post Number: 3698
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulj: Go back to sleep ..... you aren't capable of comprehending what your own people wrote about you. Go figure ..... on more studies to come.

An aside ..... don't gag on your popcorn!!!

Black-atcha .....

Supersport

Post Number: 10234
Posted From: 64.118.137.226
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras,

We still on for the baseball game tonight? You get your Robertson jersey back from the dry cleaners? We still meeting at Cheli's, or was it Hockeytown this game? Sorry didn't just email you, wasn't sure what address you're using these days.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3700
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sporty: Glad you didn't buy into those responses above. Hope you read it too!!!

Nah, little fella; we haven't been hanging out and I actually have no desire to start now. Have fun with your buddies ..... maybe you can teach 'em somethin'.

Black-atcha .....

Nip

Post Number: 99
Posted From: 148.87.1.172
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well put Carl, but a waste of time. You noticed that Ras has nothing to say in response. Go figure.

ROTFLMAO knowing that Ras is too stupid and ignorant to ever engage in intelligent (or even semi-intelligent) conversation.

Paulj

Post Number: 406
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

look bud... I'm just a blue collar working man thats on the 10-year track to complete his associates degree. I climb ladders and work with my hands all day. By all of your measures, I'm a half-retarted uneducated dummy. I'm just sitting here waiting to be trounced intellectually by those who claim to be educated around here... Problem is, they only like to cut & paste information and then throw out insults.

If you're as educated as you claim, you should be able to debate me into a hole in the ground while you eat your cheerios and complete the daily crossword, no?

I didnt bother reading all the info.. I read a couple of pieces of it and saw it for what it appeared to be: nonsense propaganda. The part I DID read all of was Danny and your personal commentary on the matters, and that to me has shown what this is really about. Care to converse with me, or just parade around and talk at me for the benefit of Danny and Super-D, your Pom-Pom girls? Rah rah rah, Ras.

You, on the other hand, read none of what I posted, and I referenced nothing but my own thoughts, ideas, and values. I even tried to use medium-sized words and concepts, but to no avail.

I'm gone and figuring Ras... I just can't figure out how all these things are congruent in your mind and still, you can't actually converse... Going and Figuring requires logic, I'm waiting for you to apply it back to me.

Of have I simply mistaken a hoop-jumping education for true intellectualism?

...and 'my people' that you speak of? the only 'people' I have are my family and friends. They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Open, outstreched palms or closed fists & minds, Ras?

(Message edited by paulj on June 27, 2006)

Funkycarrie
Username: Funkycarrie

Post Number: 275
Posted From: 69.209.138.56
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you sure did score some hot tail for being a half-retarted uneducated dummy Paulj

Super_d

Post Number: 930
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn it 'Paulj', 'TheCarl' and others....
DON'T YA'LL GET IT!!!!

Yo' hero, 'kkkris kkkristopho' ,aka (christopher columbus), set in motion an act of criminality that influences our very life today. Yo'man laid the basis for western racism misconceptions about people and extensive use of organized people activities, like education, religion, etc., as a rationale for the enslavement of people ya' see... which is a reoccurring event in history and it told us THAT HISTORY IS NEVER OLD, EVERYTHING THAT EVER HAPPENED CONTINUES TO HAPPEN!!!!--except now ('like Ras and others') has so brilliantly edified us, is that what we are dealing with now is much more than a 2nd rise of this western 'crime' , we're dealing with a CONCEPT, and this CONCEPT of western racism has taken grip of the mind of most people of the world, and most of the 'non-white' world is now prisoners of that concept.

You're asking questions in which 'Ras' had already answered!!! Have you read 'Ras' post at all?

Class back in session>>>>>>>

super d(motordetroit)

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5646
Posted From: 209.216.150.127
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least Rasputin writes in English.

Super_d

Post Number: 931
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aiw stated...

quote:

"At least Rasputin writes in English."

'y-t' just can't help it!!!!!

'Ras' you the TRUTH!

super d(motordetroit)

Czar
Username: Czar

Post Number: 3137
Posted From: 129.137.185.193
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does Ras know that Super D is white?

Supersport

Post Number: 10240
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Nah, little fella; we haven't been hanging out and I actually have no desire to start now.

Well, not since the Wings departed from the playoffs. Cheer up buckaroo, the Wings season will be starting back up before you know it!

Mod

Post Number: 47
Posted From: 192.85.50.2
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ROOT of the problem:

http://civillibertarian.blogsp ot.com/2006/05/american-capita lism-and-moral-poverty.html

"America's abundance was created not by public sacrifices to the common good, but by the productive genius of free men who pursued their own personal interests and the making of their own private fortunes."

Therefore, it doesn't matter whether you're white or black, we're all puppets fighting over the scraps.

Jsmyers
Username: Jsmyers

Post Number: 1783
Posted From: 209.131.7.68
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Yo'man laid the basis for western racism misconceptions about people and extensive use of organized people activities, like education, religion, etc., as a rationale for the enslavement of people ya' see...

So organized education is a bad thing about western society?

Luckily, most people don't agree with you.

But I have to say that you can't win the game if you never go to practice. More importantly, you can't complain about looking like a looser to all of those that did.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3701
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nip: Did it ever cross your mind that it's my decision whether to respond or not? Guess not, by your post. Mayhaps you should reread what your own folk wrote about your line of thinking. You might discover something about yourself!!!!

Black-atcha .....

Rasputin

Post Number: 3702
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sporty: I didn't hang out with you then!!! No "misleading" comments please ....

Paulj: I'll send Danny over to "debate" you!!! and he'll prolly win. You're definitely not in my league ..... Go figure!!

Black-atcha .....

Rasputin

Post Number: 3703
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mod: ain't letting ya off the hook either with that "strawman"/"change the topic post". You need to read up the thread ..... the author mentions your type of action too, with the rationale for it. Methinks she called it "False Universals", which lead to "False Analogies." Go read .....

Black-atcha .....

Rasputin

Post Number: 3704
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

btw: Why was this thread titled, "Daily Hate"????? Go figure ....

Black-atcha ..... ROFLMBAO

Rasputin

Post Number: 3706
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Czar: would it make a difference? Go figure ..... the #3 definition.

Black-atcha .....

Thecarl

Post Number: 820
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rasputin, i've made no judgements about you. for you to make judgements about me, without knowing me, bears a term: "prejudiced." nonetheless...

quote:

You're asking questions in which 'Ras' had already answered!!! Have you read 'Ras' post at all?

rasputin, i've never read anything you've posted before, and i've explained to you that the author you've quoted, ad nauseum, leaves much to be desired in literary effectiveness. a published writer is not necessarily clear, articulate, accurate, insightful, pragmatic, credible, or believable - nor, is that writer automatically representative of any other person or group of people. many meanings and interpretations can be derived from that text, and i'm not about to make assumptions as to how they might define your responses to my questions. the only thing i would accept as answers, in fairness to you, are your own explicit responses - and, of course, you have no obligation to respond. however, i think you have a fantasy of being an enigma; deep, mysterious, and stealthy. to engage in direct conversation, without quoting your well-rehearsed scripture, oblique dismissals, and stock criticisms, might destroy that facade. to deviate from the script might give away a favorite negotiating position of yours: victim.

before i hand it back to you, i'd like to revisit this little quote of yours, rasputin:

quote:

Well; we see Paulj try to cover his ass, while demonstrating his ignorance. I have NO NEED to uncover my biases .... methinks they're well documented on this web site and VERY CONSISTENT too. btw: NOT WRITTEN in INSECURE RACIST CODE either, like yourself.

funny thing about that "code" you keep talking about: "racist" is your code for "white." actually, it's less a code, than your definition. it's interesting how guilty you are of so many things you profess to be injust.

Paulj

Post Number: 408
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went and figured.

What I figured is that you're right, barring any evidence to the contrary, I'm not in you're league. I'm in the rational-thought-guided-by-log ic league. You're in the wear-your-dogma-blindly-on-you r-chest league.

You hold up the fact that others wish physical harm on you, yet you tell me to 'gag on my popcorn'. You justify your own racism by painting everyone that doesn;t look like you with a broad brush and then use it as an excuse.

I had really hoped that you could explain in your own words why you believe what you do, but aparently you're not going to do that. I'll tell you the reason I pursued it so heavily from the get-go: I use my own, real name on this forum. I do so because I try to say what I mean, and mean what I say. While I may not bat 1.000 in this reguard, I always welcome the input of others and I think it's healthy when someone else can point to incongruent arguments or beliefs I may make or have. You, while hiding behind your handle, called me a racist for the whole world to see. The world that could include friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers. I don't take such an accusation lightly, especially in light of the local nature of this forum. This is the electronic equivalent of a masked man in a restaurant standing up, pointing his finger, and screaming 'RACIST!'. Of course in such a situation, I am going to question the accuser and defend myself.

So I attempted to draw you into a conversation about your accusations, yet you just keep throwing your books at me. I'm sorry I don't fit into the pigeonhole you and your author would like me to, nor do I spew hateful epithets back at you as you seem to revel in. It certainly seems that you're much more in your element stirring folks up to the point of rage and thereby dragging them down to your level but sorry, bucko.. That aint me either. The idea of a conversational debate is for two parties to exchange their views on a subject with the intent of understanding each others point-of-view and possibly come to a middle-ground . You've exposed yourself as only talkign to be heard and having no real interest in actually exposing & understanding the real racism that really does exist in the world, especially in our city.

And Super_D, You tell me 'my boy' did this or that, and never even take into account that I, just like you, inherited this world that I live in and it does'nt make me eiter embrace or accept what I *will* acknowledge are *real* social injustices and prejudices that exist in this world. But since you believe I may have the same skin tone as someone who perpatrated crimes some 400 years before my birth, I'm just as bad. Is this not the same injustice you are accusing me of?

Until you prove me wrong, I have come to the conclusion that you cannot even articulate these beliefs you claim as the truth. Someone should rename this thread 'Rasputin 101' and then the next time a newbie is dumbfounded by your ranting, we have a one-stop link to show them that there is no real, logical thought behind your ugly accusations and epithets. Just good old-fashioned hatred mixed with a generous dose of ignorance and selective reading.

So you're right, you have a right to not reply. And we all have a right to come to conclusions on why that is. It certainly isn't because you can't stand up to the intellectualy challenges of a blue collar ladder-jockey, is it?

someone cue the Pom-Pom girls...

Firefly
Username: Firefly

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do tell? Is this the hate that led to the "Fabulous Ruin of Detroit?" Fabulous Ruins.., eh? Talk about an oxymoron. Whose "bright" idea was it to come up with that association? Reminds me of the "criminal justice" system. Gosh, I could really have fun with this site.

Supersport

Post Number: 10245
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude, you better just step away now, as you'll get chewed up and spit the fuck out real quick like.

Supersport

Post Number: 10246
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin,

You lost me bro, Hockeytown told me I just missed you tonight, sorry. :-) LMMFAO at my cattle proddin'. If you don't don't, ask somebody!

Pamequus

Post Number: 61
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulj...marvelous posts!! Thanks.

Danny

Post Number: 4438
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

D. THE CULTURE OF WHITE HISTORY

U.S. “history” is based on a lie. Neither children’s nor adult textbooks tell us that the United States was created by invasion, conquest, land theft, genocide and slavery: that, in its foundations, it is a white supremacy state. Instead, history writers fabricate an “America” as a land embodying the Declaration of Independence: a nation based on freedom, justice and equality for all its peoples.

The historians also ignore, or trivilialize, the continuous history of resistance by peoples of color against this unjust foundation. Young people learning about the African American freedom struggle of the 1960’s are taught that it all rested on Martin Luther King having a dream, and not the massive organization of millions of African American people and their allies.

Without a thorough understanding of the U.S. past, there is no way we can adequately understand how white supremacy works today, or to plan strategies to challenge it. Our political vision gets framed in a thirty second sound bite.

IT HAPPEN RIGHT NOW. LIKE I WROTE TO EVERYONE BEFORE OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN THE U.S. IS CULTURAL BIASED!!! WAIT UNTIL NEXT TIME THAT YOUR GIFTED WHITE CHILDREN WHO HAD BEEN REGISTER FOR THE ACADEMIC DECATHALON AND THE QUIZMASTER WOULD SAY TO THE KIDS " WHO WAS THE FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN FEMALE ASTRONAUT FROM NASA THAT WENT UP IN SPACE?" THIS WHITE GIFTED CHILD WOULD SHOOK HIS HEAD IN EMBARASSMENT AND SAY " I DON'T KNOW!!"

E. DENIAL OF RESPONSIBILITY

Absence and falsification of a nation’s historical memory fosters a personal and collective denial of responsibility for racial injustice and oppression, past and present. White people say, “I didn't own any slaves,” as if living in a system whose wealth was created by enslaved African labor did not directly benefit their ancestors. Liberal whites assert, “I don't see color; I just see people;” a statement of unwillingness to look at reality. Whites of conscience justify their unwillingness to protest racial injustice by complaining that, “I have no power,” when any accurate reading of history indicates that organized protest creates the power to effectively challenge racial injustice.

Denial of responsibility for racial injustice takes many forms. Among the most common are: + Blaming people of color, the targets of racial injustice, for the effects of that injustice; + Promoting “equal responsibility” theories for addressing the effects of racial oppression; + Hiding the centrality of institutional promotion and perpetuation of racial injustice (the ‘one bad apple’ mythology); + Focusing “blame” on one individual’s behavior, rather than looking at the institutional and cultural context for that behavior; + Tokenism: the effort to overturn racism in a white institution by hiring one person of color in a leadership position, while leaving the racist politics, practice and power intact; + Judging racial oppression by the intent of the oppressor rather than effect on the oppressed; + Speaking and writing with racially color—coded terms, such as “criminal,” “illegal alien,” “welfare mother,” “drug dealer,” “gang,” etc., instead of the racial epithets that were common before the end of legal apartheid in the 1960’s.

How can you tell when a white person is denying personal responsibility for racial injustice? Listen for the “but.” “I'm not a racist, but...”

How can you tell when a white person is denying collective responsibility of white people and white institutions for racial injustice? Look for the passive or inactive voice in the verbs. Such as, “The indigenous people died of many diseases.” or “The young man was made homeless...”

IT HAPPENS RIGHT NOW!!!! WHITE FOLKS STILL DENIED THE RACIAL PAST AGAINST BLACKS AND ANY OTHER ETHNIC PEOPLES NOT JUST 200 YEARS ABOUT OVER 4,000 YEARS OF THEIR DEVELOPED CIVILIZATION. THEY WANT TO COVER IT UP BY TOKENISM OR IN A JUST PLAIN ALLEGED WORDS! HAH!!! WHAT TO YOU THINK THAT 95% OF AFRICAN AMERICAN LAST NAMES CAME FROM? MOST OF THEM ARE "SLAVE NAMES" AND MOST OF THEM TEND TO KEEP THEIR NAMES AS A REMEBERANCE OF WHAT THEIR ANCESTORS CAME FROM SINCE 90% OF THE AMERICAN SLAVE RECORDS ARE DESTOYED ESPECIALLY IN THE SOUTH AFTER RECONSTRUCTION.

Funkycarrie

Post Number: 279
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what a suprise, another cut and paste....

this line right here tells you how much you should listen to what is cut and paste "U.S. “history” is based on a lie. Neither children’s nor adult textbooks tell us that the United States was created by invasion, conquest, land theft, genocide and slavery"

Brilliant!

(Message edited by funkycarrie on June 28, 2006)

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1131
Posted From: 69.129.146.186
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

American history books also skip over white slavery. After all the laws that governed black slaves were originally developed and written to apply to the white slaves that preceded the rise of black slavery in the colonies.

Danny

Post Number: 4455
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Funkycarrie,

This mean that America is ONE BIG XENOPHOBIC MATRIX NATION. Founded by ideals of Big white LIES!!! before the TRUTH of justice, equality and freedom could be establihed.

Funkycarrie

Post Number: 284
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny, what it really means is that your author isn't very well read, and doesn't really know what they're talking about on the subject.
:-)

It shoves what little credibility they had right out the door.

(Message edited by funkycarrie on June 28, 2006)

Danny

Post Number: 4457
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And you Funkycarrie,

Have been gone to those cultuaral biased schools during your past years and read the LIES in the American made textbooks of American History. showing that " WHITE PRIVELEGE, WHITE POWER, WHITE NATIONISM, WHITE EUROCENTRICISM" and have accepted it as TRUTH.

Paulj

Post Number: 411
Posted From: 144.160.130.16
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And Danny,

correct me if I'm wrong but you live here too! does that mean you're part of the problem as well? Thats the logic that you seem to be applying here.

I crawled out one hot, summer afternoon in 1979 and found myself in this place. I didn't *make* it, nor did anyone else alive today.

Got lemons? make lemonade...

Funkycarrie

Post Number: 288
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes, because Wayne State is so very culturally biased

Super_d

Post Number: 932
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chuck D's lyrical message was right on point!
remember this....

(2nd verse)
" As the rhythm designed to bounce
what counts is the rhymes
designed to fill your mind
Now that you've realized the prides arrived
We got to pump the stuff to make us tough
From the heart
It's a start, a work of art
To revolutions make a change nothin's strange
People, people we are the same
No we're not the same
Cause we don't know the game
What we need is awareness, we can't get careless
You say what is this?
My beloved lets get down to business
Mental self defensive fitness
You gotta go for what you know
Make everbody see, in order to fight the powers that be

FIGHT THE POWER!"
public enemy
' fear of a Black Planet 1989 '

Have a Black day!

super d(motordetroit)

Funkycarrie

Post Number: 289
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super D, I was aiming for a fuchsia day today (it is wednesday after all), but I'll try my best.

Super_d

Post Number: 933
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funkycarrie stated...

quote:

"I was aiming for a fuchsia day"

fuchsia is so 80'ish:-)

super d(motordetroit)

super d

Rasputin

Post Number: 3707
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulj: my thoughts haven't changed ..... I'll repeat them for you;

quote:

If you read my my post correctly, and not filled with your bullschitt-projections (as Time Wise asserts); you would know that I don't deal with your bullschitt code ..... and most other intelligent Black Folk don't either!! So it won't be a big deal if you take your, "...pushing 30 and don't see any meaningful progress in the above-stated situation happening in the next ten years." ass away from here and please don't let the "door-knob hitcha" on the way to being LONG GONE!!

As you can see, "white bonding" (remember the definition?) didn't encourage you to stay either!! So it's real safe to presume that We can get along without you .... now I know that pisses you off; but, "C'est le vie"!

and btw: no one invited you either!!! Go figure ... [on your own admission]

Black-atcha ..... watching the "because We immigrants are here, Detroit will be a better place" syndrome of 'white, eurocentric supremacy' be expressed. A lightweight read, he is.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1976
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"white bonding"

Ras is that what you are doing when you are hanging with Supersport.

No proud black brother would hangout with the white devil. My guess is that your ghetto card and blackness card were revoked awhile ago.

You cannot hate the man then break bread with him.

Hypocrite- atcha

Docmo
Username: Docmo

Post Number: 57
Posted From: 170.232.128.10
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Daily bore. This is a tiresome, depressing and repetitive thread. What am I doing here?

Paulj

Post Number: 412
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my point has been proven. I'm out, peace.

**edited to say the only code is apparently wired inline directly between your eardrums and brain***

(Message edited by paulj on June 28, 2006)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3709
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulj .... you never had a point, if that's what you call it. My advice is to quit fooling yourself and go ahead and leave!!!

Black-atcha .....

Supersport

Post Number: 10248
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about the door knob?

Paulj

Post Number: 414
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

later, old man. I'll let the thread stand and I feel OK letting others read it and judge for themselves.

Thecarl

Post Number: 825
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rasputin:

quote:

Black-atcha ..... watching the "because We immigrants are here, Detroit will be a better place" syndrome of 'white, eurocentric supremacy' be expressed. A lightweight read, he is.

and you aren't? your diatribe boils down to a lot less than what you think it is.

quote:

No "misleading" comments please ....

practice what you preach, rasputin.

quote:

Paulj: Go back to sleep ..... you aren't capable of comprehending what your own people wrote about you.

like this, rasputin?

quote:

Liberals try to suppress facts that counter their vision.

Despite the warm glow of self-satisfaction that the liberal vision confers on liberals, ugly facts keep intruding to undermine that vision. Some liberals eventually jump ship and defect to conservatism when the facts keep piling up too high to ignore.

This takes time, of course, and in the meantime there is a never-ending supply of new young people to become charmed with the liberal vision and replace those who have become disenchanted with it.

Other liberals hang on to liberal ideas to the bitter end -- especially when the end is not that bitter for them personally, when they live insulated lives in academia, the courts, foundations and other places where there is no price for liberals to pay for being wrong, no matter how disastrous the consequences for others.

Still, facts are a danger to the vision. In recent times, those on the left have increasingly sought to suppress facts that go counter to the vision.

Research dealing with innate biological differences are of course anathema to those with the liberal-left vision. Even research that turns up cultural or other behavioral differences between groups is almost as great a danger.

Both kinds of research undermine the notion that there are "solutions" that government can impose to eliminate differences, gaps, disparities or "inequities" that liberalism claims to be able to eliminate.

Scientific research into differences in the way male and female brains function is denounced by radical feminists, who are calling for a ban on such research. No matter what the MRIs say, the radical feminists say all differences are due to "society."

Liberals have worked long and hard to get the very word "sex" replaced by "gender," since sex is an innate biological fact while gender is an arbitrary social designation, much as the French language assigns the female gender to the noun "plume" for pen.

It is a sign of how easy it is to stampede large sections of society that so many people now find it necessary to refer to gender instead of sex, even if they have not bothered to consider what the difference is or why they have changed what they say.

When it comes to racial and ethnic minorities, liberal politicians and judges can make it literally a federal case to give IQ tests to black children. Among the facts that we would never have known if some people did not find ways around this taboo is that black IQs have risen in recent times.

The greatest danger to the liberal vision are facts about the consequences of liberalism itself and the laws, policies, and ways of life that the left has spawned.

That the black family, which survived centuries of slavery and generations of discrimination, has disintegrated in the wake of the liberal welfare state is only one example.

Liberals have been driven to the desperate expedient of attributing this and other social pathology in today's ghettos to "a legacy of slavery" -- even though black children grew up with two parents more often under slavery than today.

Blacks only a generation or two out of slavery also had higher rates of employment and lower rates of crime than today.

The illogic of the "legacy of slavery" argument only illustrates the desperate attempt to salvage the liberal vision.

The very people who argue this way would never be guilty of such illogic in discussing something that was not such a threat to their vision.

One of the most telling examples of the social destructiveness of the left's welfare-state vision can be found among the white slum dwellers in Britain described in the brilliant and insightful book "Life at the Bottom" by Theodore Dalrymple.

There it is not possible to blame social degeneracy on slavery, racism or any of the other things cited as causes of the behavior and consequences found among blacks in American slums. Yet the results are virtually identical, right down to children beating up classmates for trying to get an education.

The vision of the left, full of envy and resentment, takes its worst toll on those at the bottom -- whether black or white -- who find in that paranoid vision an excuse for counterproductive and ultimately self-destructive attitudes and behavior.

are you willing to adhere to your own espousal that someone describing the attributes and behaviors of their own race tells the truth? accept your own pretense, rasputin, and you're left with very little. deny your pretense, and you're left with nothing.

rasputin, it would be interesting to see who you are as a person, and not who you are, as an ACT.

Firefly
Username: Firefly

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoa nothing, Supersport. I see you don't take rejection with grace. Two disses and still you missed the point that the old man HAS NOT AND DOES NOT WANT TO HANG OUT WITH YOU. Get it? Got it? Good.

It would be in Detroit/Metro-Detroit best interest to fix this little problem called "hate" or "racism" or "division" or whatever the hell you want to call it.

Thecarl

Post Number: 827
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

firefly...

what do you know about sarcasm?

what do you know, specifically, about rasputin? is rasputin old? is rasputin a man?

however, you can be sure that supersport is working day and night...well, nights mostly...to correct the hate, racism, and division that exists here locally. you can be sure that no better person has been assigned to the job.

(maybe supersport has a boy-wonder or batgirl outfit for you, too!)

Pdtpuck
Username: Pdtpuck

Post Number: 82
Posted From: 208.251.168.194
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 5:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

perhaps everybody could get through to ras better if they said "methinks" or "mayhaps?"

OMG!

ROTFLMMFAO!

Rasputin

Post Number: 3711
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ROFLMBAO Sporty @ your boi, Paulj, getting caught in his own immature "white supremacist" verbal trap. Hard core jack-boot "supremacists" would prolly kick his ass for being dumb, too!! Go figure ....

Hang in there, guy. They'll never know ..... and I ain't tellin'! :-)

Black-atcha ...... "What they don't knoweth will always have them scratching where it don't itch!!"

(Message edited by Rasputin on June 29, 2006)

Paulj

Post Number: 415
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Supersport

Post Number: 10251
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras,

I believe they know it all, just ask them and they'll tell ya. LMAO

Black-atcha....stating you don't have to worry about me "hangin' on," I got 4.5 years under my belt and the better half of my life to go. Screamin' "I AIN'T GOIN' NOWHERE!" with a "HOW YA LIKE ME NOW BITCH?" thrown in for good measure.

Kilgore_south
Username: Kilgore_south

Post Number: 110
Posted From: 24.176.20.117
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My goal is to unite all the races and peoples. Except of course the Eskimos. And they know why. Fuckin' blubber chewers.

Damn this thread is obnoxious.

Ravine

Post Number: 225
Posted From: 69.221.33.159
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been away for a few days. I can hardly believe that you all are still arguing with this asshole.

Thecarl

Post Number: 839
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ravine, the key is to not post on this thread, so it will drop from sight. that is why i do not post on this thread.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3713
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sporty, ya been watchin' wayyyyy toooooo much Chappelle. Piss poor imitation from ya and Your delivery sucks!!!! Keep your day job!!! cauz' "hill-billy" comics are the new "in-thang" ..... didn't ya know??? ROFLMBAO ....

Nahhhh, they don't know ..... don't fool yourself.

Black-atcha ..... watching Paulj post his baby picture!! Go figure .... on his real confusion!! + an ad-hominem thrown in for good measure.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1208
Posted From: 136.1.1.101
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Damn this thread is obnoxious.

At least it's pretty much on-topic. Where better to spew venom than on the Daily Hate thread. Actually, I'm kind of happy it's here, because it draws all the nastiness away from the other threads, so I can just read those.

Supersport

Post Number: 10258
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chappelle...what is that...some French Public Television or something?

If you're looking for a good tv show Ras, I'd highly recommend "My name is Earl," as it seems right up your alley.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 658
Posted From: 216.223.168.132
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

ravine, the key is to not post on this thread, so it will drop from sight. that is why i do not post on this thread.

Correct.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3715
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-bump- so you can look in the mirror at your friends thread title and code stuff. n You can run, but ya can't hide!!!

Black-atcha .....

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2753
Posted From: 66.167.59.60
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The opposite of love is not hate; it is indifference."

Machoken
Username: Machoken

Post Number: 1368
Posted From: 68.85.155.145
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I've got chunks of guys like you in my stool!"

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1592
Posted From: 68.61.197.206
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The people who don't care will never understand the ones who do."

Mod

Post Number: 51
Posted From: 192.85.50.1
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I take comfort in knowing that the majority of people on this board are moderate, progressive thinkers, who are aware of lessons learned from the past and make an effort to enhance our Detroit experience. We're a small sample, but I bet a pretty reliable representation of the overall population.

..."All extremist political systems seem to have a need to pit evil against good, the dark side against the light, the savior against the destroyer. The dichotomies however are always false, as they are just implements of waging warfare rather than an essence of an organism."

-author unknown

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 53
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How's this one for racist comments....a young lady in one of my classes, first day of school told me "I'm getting transfered from your class...I hate white people." Needless to say, I was shocked. BUT....I just said, "I'll give you a free trial period for 3 weeks. If you still don't like me because I am white, I'll transfer you and give you an A." Story ends...4 years later. I wrote her a recommendation at her request (as her teacher that she requested for her remaining high school years)and she is going to be a freshman at Atlanta in the fall. How's that for being a Y_T? I asked her on graduation day why she said that to me....she told me that is what she had been taught (family had a bad experience with some white folks). Her mom hugged me at graduation and thanked me for being there for her daughter. Many countless days I spent after school tutoring her or helping her to refine this paper or that paper....I can say she will be one of my favorite students of all time. There is a way to get past the hate and racism. It's called giving each other a chance.....learn from one another. The great thing about being individuals is that we each have something unique to bring to the table....and by goodness, this is one helluva potluck, so make your dish something good!

Super_d

Post Number: 935
Posted From: 68.255.247.10
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I, I, I, I, I, I, DARN IT!!! give the young sista' some credit, will ya!__

Please re-read... E.DENIAL OF RESPONSIBILITY

'y-t' refusing to look in the mirror, while blaming the victim of the white power system!__go figure!

super d(motordetroit)

Thecarl

Post Number: 848
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

super_d, what do you think you deserve for all your direct and indirect pain and suffering in the oppressive midst of the white power system?

Rasputin

Post Number: 3716
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-bump-

Supersport

Post Number: 10267
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

laughingdog

Super_d

Post Number: 936
Posted From: 68.255.247.10
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'TheCarl', I'm assuming you are not serious wit' that question, cause it exudes with sarcasm and hubris, but for the sake of debating the merits, the virtuals and the relative attractions and appeals to the varieties of cultural nationalism , I shall romanticise fo' a mi-nute,.....

Give Blacks Free..
--Politcal space.
--Economic space.
--Educational space.
--New currency that can be easily identified as the Black dollar.
--Free trade with other establised African Nations.
--The protection of an independent guard/or African national armed forces to protect and serve the space and community we occupy.

"We must control the space we occupy."
marcus garvey

peep this...

Rejecting the 'amerikkkana capitalist democracy'and 'white power system' and remembering the fundamental basis of 'African Socialism'.

We in Africa have no more need to be converted to socialism that we have of being taught democracy. Both are rooted in our past-in the traditional society which produced us. Socialism-like democracy is an attitude of mind. It has mothing to do with the possession or non-possession of wealth. Destitute people can be potential capitalist-exploiters of their fellow human beings. A milllionaire can equally well be a socialist; you may value his wealth only because it can be used in the service of his fellow men."

But the man who uses wealth for the purpose of dominating any of his fellows is a capitalist. So is the man who would if he could. The foundation, and the objective, of African socialism is the extended family. The true African socialist does not look on one class of men as his brethen and another as his natural enemy.

This is the Africa and its value system that undergirds our economic analysis. A rich land filled with natural minerals and a people that saw themselves as being part of an extended family. This model society did not measure wealth where five percent of the people own nearly 50 percent of the wealth as is practiced in the United States.

Rather, a more equitable distribution of the wealth was employed with little to no homelessness and famine. Major resources that make-up an economy are land and its natural minerals, human labor, and technology.

The interesting, fascinating points of white supremacy is that marginal and peripheral concerns are made central because 'y-t' dominates a stage that 'they' did not help to create, but only seeks to displace__ ain't that interesting!

Ok, let'us not be silly!...the 'white power system' would not allow such a plan that I have mentioned, and the plan that has been proven to work (as stated in the underlined para, African socialism)was disrupted, due to the threat of the annihilation to the white race/or white power process and the ongoing preservation of the white world.

Then too history has proven how 'y-t' can 'so' conveniently cause a disruption in the choice of a people!!! go figure

'TheCarl' there is nothing that 'y-t' can do, as 'they' have already did and continue to do, enough to warrant mistrust in the 'amerikkkana' white power system. This matter is entirely in the hands of Black people as stated in the above paras.

Have a Black day!

super d(motordetroit)

Ron
Username: Ron

Post Number: 192
Posted From: 66.174.79.234
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Socialism fails because there is no motivation to be innovative, productive, etc. That is one of the reasons why America is usually on the cutting edge of technology, medicine, manufacturing, industry, etc. There is a strong motivation to be innovative and productive, $$$$$. A more equitable distribution of wealth may be laudable in some respects, but there are certainly costs to that approach.

To piggyback of your comments SuperD, does anyone believe that Black America was better off economically during segregation? Then, Black business people opened Black businesses to serve the Black community. I believe that de-segregation occurred, in part, to open up the Black consumer market for white owned businesses.

The fact is that capitalism always requires the "haves" and the "have-nots." Otherwise, everyone would own their own business, and there would be no one to be employed by those businesses. The issue then becomes, is it possible to become a "have" from being a "have not?" In theory, it is possible; I mean we don't have a caste system, but we definitely have a class system.

It is a flawed system, but it is the best one that has ever been developed.

Danny

Post Number: 4482
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ron,

Socialism is NOT a failed system itself. The people who are within the socialist regime that imply something that is not considered socialist, then it would become a instant failure. Capitialism can fail if people with the Capitialist regime imply GREED between the haves and the have nots. It happen before right here in the U.S. Remember the Civil War, it was through GREED within the slave trade and tariff taxes that cause this nation to be divided it took President Liconln to put U.S. back together again. Political regimes is a ideal social structure met to get the people to believe that they could trust their leaders, produce a good ecomomy, produce technology, implied religion and culture and let the people be the government within the circle of ideology. However if the POWERS THAT BE comes in and take away these social requirements that the regimes would FAIL.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2388
Posted From: 4.229.72.152
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_d and Danny, do your "African Socialism" textbooks have a good explanation for Zimbabwe??

Once it was the white racist "Bread Basket of Africa", and now it's the black socialistic "Basket Case of Africa"?

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 618
Posted From: 68.60.139.186
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Human Race 1
Human Race 2
Human Race 3

Just a dream?

(Sorry for the bad quality, I took photographs of pictures that are hanging on my walls, hope the messages are readable)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3718
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By whose STANDARDS, Gistok? Those of the "white supremacist" or those of the Zimbawaen? eh? go figure on Super_D's concepts of FREE SPACE!!!!

quote:

White supremacy is an historically based, institutionally perpetuated system of exploitation and oppression of continents, nations and peoples of color by white peoples and nations of the European continent; for the purpose of establishing, maintaining and defending a system of wealth, power and privilege.

That was Rhodesia, before the retaking of the Land called Zimbabwe.

Black-atcha .....

Rasputin

Post Number: 3719
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forgot to add: If it done like and for white people, it ain't done well!!

Black-atcha .....

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 619
Posted From: 68.60.139.186
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The messages in the pictures are:

When two people meet each other, regardless of origin, race or social class ...

There isn't a more beautiful dream than the great human brotherhood/sisterhood (my modification)

May they always be able to hold hands like friends

If our hands meet we can build a chain to transform the world

And if each of us were like a seed scattered by the wind ... this dream one day will come true

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Butterfly, gorgeous pics.....and great sayings! I agree. And Ras, I'm white but certainly not a supremacist cuz I sure don't have wealth, privelege or power! I'm just a po' broke teacher in Detroit trying to better the lives of kids....so don't lump all us white folks into the same basket....MY ancestors fought for the north and many died in the Civil War at Belle Creek Island....I just don't like being dumped in the category of some power hungry idiots.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3720
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G_Butterfly: I'll post something later about the Brazilian Model that you speak of.

Black-atcha .....

Rasputin

Post Number: 3721
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-bump-

Supersport

Post Number: 10288
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-bump- for all the y-tees and stuff.

Ravine

Post Number: 240
Posted From: 68.248.14.37
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now THERE is the level of intelligent discourse that makes this thread what it is. Nice to see you kids having a good time playing with each other, as well as yourselves.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3722
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

D_Teacher: No need to explain who or what you are. Using Dr. Fuller's assertion, you can fit into 2 of the 3 categories. Using your testimonial, you prolly fit #1; but succumb (knowingly or unknowingly) to elements of #3 too.

However, I question whether you're making anyone's life better; as you wrote. Your job and handle implies "imparting info". Whether one's life gets better because of that info, and the methods of imparting it, is very subjective and argumentative. (from a former classroom instructor.) You, as an alleged teacher, should have learned that in EDU 101 - Philosophy of Education.

and btw: I don't know very many "po' broke teacher"(s); although I do agree that salaries should be increased to the level of Doctors, Attorneys, Congressional Politicians, [Bill Gates???]:-), etc. (also a DFT-AFT member)

Where and for what your ancestors fought is of NO CONCERN to me. Mayhaps you should read Frederick Douglass' "The Meaning of July Fourth for the Negro" speech. That WAR wasn't about or for Black People!! but white economic priviledge and greed, of which you've shared in the spoils. You might wish to research and read about the essences of "white priviledge." There's some material up-the-thread.

As for the statement of "being dumped in the category of some power hungry idiots"; I presume that you don't subscribe to the academic research of other whites about their own people .....

quote:

As you read this, please remember that this is a very tentative beginning of a new effort by many white activists in the U.S. to explore the meanings of white culture. Most analysis on white culture has been done by activists and scholars of color. Their work has inspired me to begin to do my own homework.

But, I must say that Dr. Fuller's research has classified you based upon your folks' own indices. Go figure .... on "power hungry idiots!"

So if your "toes were stepped on", slap your brother, cousin, parents, grandparents, even your self for your heritage/culture. I (and mine) didn't invent it, enact it, nor enforce it!!!

Black-atcha ...... in response, and noticing that you haven't rejected your culture (definitions: up-the-thread) and you're not being asked to either.

(Message edited by Rasputin on July 06, 2006)

Ravine

Post Number: 248
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Categorizing people. Typical ass-ignorant racist behavior.

Danny

Post Number: 4500
Posted From: 198.111.165.50
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait a minute folks! What race became racist? Hominids, Homo Erectus,Cro Magnons, Neatherthals, Homo Sapiens, Mesopotamians, Egyptians, Greeks, Chinese, Japanese, Huns, Moguls, Romans, Anglos/Saxons, Vandals, Jutes, Celtics, Aryans, Caucasians, Islamic peoples, Hiberians, Vikings, Picts, Native Americans, White Americans ( KKK And UKA, World Church of the Creator, WKKK), Black Americans,( Vice Lords, BLA, Black Pather Party,) Islamic Terrorists.

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 76
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, if we really must talk culture.....my CULTURE is that of Irish and French by way of Canada. And, yeah....I really do believe I am helping kids....as you being a FORMER teacher Ras, MAYBE YOU JUST COULDN'T CUT IT IN THE CLASSROOM?? Or maybe your ego got in the way?

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 79
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And Ras.....according to YOUR way of thinking....White folks can say Well, because you're black (insert BS statements here). If we don't get past the way people and their "intellectual readings" such as the BS you quoted.....then we can never have equal anything because it's folks like you who keep it separate. Next time you hear a Y-T saying some BS negative comment to you because you're black, just think back to what you say about white folks....you have no arguement because you are just as guilty of the racial bullshit as they are. At least I can say I keep an open mind about ALL people until they stick their own dick in their mouth by saying stupid crap such as you have. You just validated all the racist BS I tell my students to avoid because they need to live in a global community and understand people of ALL cultures and get along with more than just their own race, just like everyone else does. YOU, dear Ras, are oppressing yourself.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3726
Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Read what your people are saying about YOU, then maybe you'll take YOUR "own dick" or Harry's dick out of your mouth. Open mind, my ass!!!

and to boot, I do not wish to live in your community!! Got that???? We know you well enough!!! and puleeze .... NEVER consider yourself MY equal .... you have a lot of ground to steal to get to that point!!

btw: when you obtain your Master's Teaching Certificate, maybe I'll talk with you about the trade; even from retirement. Care to post your name, so I can make other Black Folk aware of you? (not that I think you're stupid enough to do it! but who knows?)

Black-atcha ...... watching the snarky-underground "white supremacist" that think he's doing something to help us 'po niggas out!! roflmbao at stupidity

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 1194
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras is most assuredly Detroityes.com's resident evil. Can Lowell or another one of the veteran posters reveal the true reason Ras is given free reign on this forum? Forumers such as Ras is the reason this forum has fallen out of favor with me. I just don't get how Ras can be so disruptive and be allowed to remain a forum member.

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 89
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras is taking on the identity of a Russian writer (hmmm, a white guy?). Valentin Rasputin. At least I know what I am doing with my life counts to someone other than myself. I find my profession rewarding, not only to myself, but to those I serve....my kids. Even though I am white, and Ras seems to think this is a problem for my students....remember, my job is not only to impart knowledge...I also : feed them, clothe them, make sure they have a safe way home, give them a hug if they need one, write recommendations, counsel them, and above all else, love them. I don't think that could be said for Ras if his students were white. Ras doesn't want to live in my community? It's ok, because MY community sure as hell doesn't want nor need someone like him living in it. He is a self described nigga.....not a white person's word, HIS. As I do recall, black folk fought and are fighting long and hard to get the same respect as whites. I was brought up to fight along with, not against. I respect human life.....ALL LIFE. Can't say the same for Ras and some others here. I am not superior, don't want to be Ras' equal because that would bribng myself down many notches from who I know I am. Every member of my family has been a public servant of some sort to the City of Detroit...I care about it and its residents, any color, religion etc. Ras continually throws a pity party for himself and every other black person, regardless of their desire to be in his circle. I know plenty of black folks who don't subscribe to his ideology. At least I don't take on the persona of someone whom I am not. Ras does.....maybe it makes him feel better. And dear Ras: I do have my Master's Teaching Certificate.....been at this job a while now, always in Detroit....where I CHOSE to be....and the thousands of students who cross my path, and their parents know who I am....and no one need warn anyone about me, I warn them myself. i tell them that I don't expect low performance, I demand excellence. Is that doing my students a dis-service? NO. No one else will lower their standards for them, why should I? You say "we all know you well enough". I think not. You know nothing about me. You generalize....like so many whites do about blacks. When a few of us (who by the way also marched alongside Dr. King) don't act the way you think we should (white supremacy) then you feel threatened. It's ok....I won't tell of your insecurities. Write what you wish. Don't think there are too many whites left here to post because of some people's behavior and attitude. I love the city.....I am a servant for the people of the city.....as was my father and his father before him.....but I don't need to be abused by small minded "po niggas"--to quote Ras.

Livedog2

Post Number: 628
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Ras is most assuredly Detroityes.com's resident evil. Can Lowell or another one of the veteran posters reveal the true reason Ras is given free reign on this forum? Forumers such as Ras is the reason this forum has fallen out of favor with me. I just don't get how Ras can be so disruptive and be allowed to remain a forum member.

This is the easiest question of all to answer, Shave. It’s because white, liberal, guilt-ridden people always make excuses for black people that “act out” in society. Remember this fact that black criminals “thrive on the indulgence of society’s understanding!” Want examples – the O.J. murders, the Reginald Denny brutal beating, and the list goes no. But, remember this, also that the pendulum will move in the other direction, too. They better enjoy the tap dance now because they are going to pay the piper in the future – they always have and they always will.

So, don’t look for Lowell or anyone else to censure this particular idiot. The forum will probably turn into the ghetto that Detroit for the most part is. After all it’s become a metaphor for Detroit. Why not the ultimate metaphor for its namesake?

But, don’t forget the people that perpetuate the rants by becoming the foil of this idiot by trying to answer or argue with him keep it going. If everyone stopped responding to he/she/it, he/she/it would go away! It's just that easy!!

Livedog2

Devolian
Username: Devolian

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 69.246.43.54
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They should turn off water and electricty to all homes in the neighborhoods of detroit, leave it on downtown and offer free bus passes and $100 cash for people to move to Atlanta

Livedog2

Post Number: 629
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're going to catch hell for that one, Devolian! :-)

Livedog2

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 438
Posted From: 68.43.81.191
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Because as long as the hatred and racism are directed towards the CORRECT people (white people, suburbanites), it will be tolerated and encouraged here at DetroitYES. If you tossed around the N-word in a derrogatory manner, you'd be banned in a heartbeat (and rightfully so). But if you tossed around some racial epithets towards white people, you'd be A-OK. Hell, you can even praise the murder of white people within the city of Detroit and get away with it (go back and read the discussion of the girl killed during the Super Bowl and read what one of DYES's resident racists had to say on the subject).

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1186
Posted From: 69.130.18.100
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will the city have to burn down again to get this thread to die?

Livedog2

Post Number: 631
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We can only hope so, Lilpup! <(:-)~

Livedog2

Gmich99
Username: Gmich99

Post Number: 107
Posted From: 65.29.106.156
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't know any incentive was necessary to get Detroiters out of the city and into Atlanta.

Ravine

Post Number: 249
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute. I am thoroughly convinced that Rasputin is a complete racist and (regardless of whatever education he claims to have) a total dumbass, but there is no good reason to call for him to be censured, censored, or booted out. This is merely the DetroitYes forum. If he wants to use it as a springboard from which to project his viewpoint on race relations, there is no good reason for anyone to choose to let their boxers (or panties) ride up about it. He is not forcing anyone to read, or respond to, his statements. He is not "disrupting" anything, or fouling the waters of our lovely little forum. When I see his nom de plume on a post, I can (pretty much) guess what is coming. I am not being forced to read it. It is not as though the act of logging on to the forum immediately triggers a recording of his voice. It may be true that if a white person posted anti-black rants, he or she would be run off the forum. If so, that is a shameful wrong against free speech, but in the meantime, I vigorously defend Rasputin's right to write whatever he chooses to write.

Livedog2

Post Number: 633
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Freedom of speech works in the public forum but in a private venue like DetroitYes the owner of the site controls the delete key. It's called free enterprise! And, you can bet that if I controlled the delete key he would have been gone long time ago. But, I don't think you have anything to worry about concerning him being deleted. It's called, "Who's yo daddy, bitch?"

Livedog2

Ravine

Post Number: 250
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Livedog2, I recognize the difference (public vs. private) that you are pointing out, but I would not want the site owner to act as a censor so easily as Shave seems to be wishing... Besides, the mere appearance of the name "Rasputin" should, for frequent DY visitors, act as an advisory, just like movie ratings... Also, when you censor people like him, it helps to keep the rest of us unaware of their presence in our society. Which is to say, if there's gonna be stupid MFers like him out there, I'd rather know it than not know it. In fact, for me personally, it is nearly a goddam revelation, to learn that someone could be so totally fucked up...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.