Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Daily hate » Daily hate - 3 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 131
Posted From: 12.45.2.184
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't believe this thread lasted til 300 (301 including mine) post.313

Livedog2
Username: Livedog2

Post Number: 634
Posted From: 24.223.133.177
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, …putin is like diarrhea I know they both exist but I don’t need to see or hear about them to know that fact because they both smell bad!

Livedog2

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 252
Posted From: 68.248.14.37
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But one problem in America is that we have trained ourselves to be so f'ing "politically correct" that the truth about where we are really at has been disguised and hidden beneath a shroud of politeness. All that phoniness and gentility can lull people into forgetting how bad things really are between different people and groups of people.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3729
Posted From: 68.74.31.233
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whatsa' matter? You still want to make the thread about Rasputin, eh; when it's really about your dumb-ass culturally-shared bonding of "hate". Phew, some white folk (aka Y_Ts, Palefaces, Lo Fa, etc.) just can't seem to get over the postings about YOURSELVES, YOUR CLASSIFICATIONs and YOUR CULTURE, written by your own people!!! "...White culture stereotypes figures and behaviors of peoples of color." Go figure .... while I continue to ROFLMBAO at the "tables turning"

and btw: Rasputin wasn't white!!! Figure on that too ....

Black-atcha ..... and ain't going nowhere! Infact, gonna post some more .... now, chew on that!!

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 104
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What the hell other color are RUSSIANS?? Didn't see any of any other flavor there.

Ravine

Post Number: 253
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you!! If the real Rasputin was to walk past the DY Rasputin, the DY version would see a white guy. And, of course, hate him for it.

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 106
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, there was Grigori Rasputin (the Monk who charmed the Cazrina) and then there was Valentin Rasputin, the writer of "urban" decay in the 70s. My guess is that Ras is the V Rasputin.....although G Rasputin was just as underhanded, self centered and hateful as DY Ras (and it took many times trying before they were actually able to kill his sorry ass). Either way ya shove it, BOTH were white guys! Take a looksee at his picture.....I see a white face shining back. OHHHHH, didn't think I was that educated in Russian Lit.......OUCH

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 107
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A link to V Rasputin: http://www.litencyc.com/php/sp eople.php?rec=true&UID=5424
Photo of V rasputin, again, I see a white guy
http://intsys.msu.ru/en/staff/ gallery/photos/18.htm
A pic of G Rasputin...I see a white guy
http://www.answers.com/topic/r asputin

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 856
Posted From: 69.14.30.175
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Whatsa' matter? You still want to make the thread about Rasputin, eh; when it's really about your dumb-ass culturally-shared bonding of "hate".

it's not about "rasputin." it's about learning that it can be impossible to reason with someone having a severe psychological disorder. it's about an on-line persona whose vitriol is so extravagantly non-sensical, it's hard to be taken seriously. it's about dealing with a persona that cannot escape being a victim, has identified white people as the primary aggressor, and has transferred the doings of evil white people onto the entire white race. "rasputin" lacks a true sense of identity, but has very strong survival instincts, while feeling constantly threatened. "rasputin" therefore creates a defense in being militant, follows orders, and gives out little more than "name, rank, and serial number." rasputin publishes a lot of propaganda, responds to inquiries with gibberish and rhetoric, and avoids conversation outside "the script." look back on this thread, and you will see it proven time and time again.

quote:

Phew, some white folk (aka Y_Ts, Palefaces, Lo Fa, etc.) just can't seem to get over the postings about YOURSELVES, YOUR CLASSIFICATIONs and YOUR CULTURE, written by your own people!!! "

"rasputin" still has failed to address, or even acknowledge, the article published by mr. sowell - provided and referenced in this thread: hence rasputin is the one truly unable to "get over the postings about YOURSELVES, YOUR CLASSIFICATIONs and YOUR CULTURE, written by your own people!!! " - that is, assuming that "rasputin" is african-american. the author that is rasputin on this thread is rife with contradiction and self-contradiction (hypocrisy), and the above is a typical example.

quote:

...White culture stereotypes figures and behaviors of peoples of color." Go figure .... while I continue to ROFLMBAO at the "tables turning"

no tables are turning, "rasputin." you only engage with those who wear their hearts on their sleeves. you are unable to confront the challenge that you pose for yourself.

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 108
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

high five to Carl;......

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 939
Posted From: 69.212.213.244
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Ras', it's to bad that the possibility of 'y-t' accepting the analysis (in which you have so unselfishly provided) of the 'white problem' in human relations is zero to none!

The subtext of criticisms blasted at Ras's post are drenched and coded in racism. You don't have to be racist, to read and understand the buried perceptions, cloaked meanings , impersonalizations, wisecracking formations, and quality of fretful aliveness of racism perpetrated by 'y-t' in this thread__ ya' might want to revisit 'Ras's post when he quoted brotha' Khari Enaharo's work, 'Race Code War, The Power of Words, Images, and symbols'.

It appears that 'they' are not attempting to process the information provided (by their own peeps!) go figure...I'm not shocked by the many denials by which 'y-t' exist, as if they must draw some sort of white power from the resentment that they can't afford to acknowledge, though its sheer vehemence defines and confirms their every stroke of they key.

They throw stones and cast vengeance , like wanting certain forumers banned and killed, one post even stated, they smell !!!! ( y-t in geniune form)__go figure!

I suspect the situation of personal proximity or mass proximity to Blacks is intolerable to 'y-t' because we are inherently more than equal. The sad thing is 'y-t's refusal to face race, and not understand our courageous confrontation with its complex meanings. They simply want to romanticize and reject the African Experience in 'amerikkka'. I guess that defines the'amerikkkana' 'white power' identity__go figure!

Ras' keep your post live and in 'tru-dat' tradition of the Black humanist self-image. Keep it real brotha'__our Black humanist tradition excepts 'amerikkkas' culture for what it is.

Waiting on a response by 'Shave' on 'Livedog2'???

Make it do what it do ma'sista'!

peace out 'Ras'!

super d(motordetroit)

Paulj
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 436
Posted From: 68.249.241.80
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is totally laughable. That is if it wasn't first sad.

talk at, and talk for. just never talk with or to.

(Message edited by paulj on July 10, 2006)

Thecarl

Post Number: 858
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

said by a teacher:

quote:

At least I can say I keep an open mind about ALL people until they stick their own dick in their mouth by saying stupid crap such as you have.

think about it...you're a TEACHER, right??? if the message you intend doesn't reach the target, you're willing to make profane sexual references about that individual?

there's a saying in the sales profession: the sale begins when the customer says "no."

give some thought about how that might apply to teaching.

Livedog2

Post Number: 639
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

berry

Livedog2

Thecarl

Post Number: 859
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

super_d sayeth:

quote:

It appears that 'they' are not attempting to process the information provided (by their own peeps!) go figure...I'm not shocked by the many denials by which 'y-t' exist, as if they must draw some sort of white power from the resentment that they can't afford to acknowledge, though its sheer vehemence defines and confirms their every stroke of they key.

the transcriptions and vestiges of that which you describe come under direct conflagration of your own defintions; self-immolation is the result of grandiose perceptions that flail in the context of the self-defeating prose which castigates the self-aggrandizing prone prolocutor.

the peer of disdain and being of the same race and origin of that which you purport to be - mr sowell - has gone without acclamation and bestowal on behalf of yourself, and thusly you are called into question on behalf of the standards you so rigorously establish for the consitutency of this venue. the ramifications, ipso facto, are not without due reverberations on your presumptuous manifesto.

Thecarl

Post Number: 861
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

livedog2,

wtf is that, and how is it appropriate?

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 111
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TheCarl: I'm not in the classroom. Ras' foot is up everyone's behind, so the only appendage left was, well, THAT.

Thecarl

Post Number: 862
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

TheCarl: I'm not in the classroom. Ras' foot is up everyone's behind, so the only appendage left was, well, THAT.

ras's foot is not up everyone's behind. in fact, ras's foot is up the behind of very few - but you happen to be one of those folks. most people ignore, and move on. i enjoy providing commentary on the interaction when it does occur, but i'm looking for other work.

i'm sorry that you think that teaching only happens in the classroom - and outside those bounds, feet, dicks, and appendages are brought into the equation when misunderstandings occur.

[edited to remove a male possessive pronoun referencing ras: "his"]

(Message edited by thecarl on July 10, 2006)

Pdtpuck
Username: Pdtpuck

Post Number: 113
Posted From: 208.251.168.194
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine

Post Number: 254
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thecarl: The perspicacity of your first psychoanalytical post was somewhat dimmed by the haughty vocabularic self-indulgence of the later post. But 'tis true that, when it comes to directly responding (and using his own words,) Rasputin seems unwilling or incapable.

Super_d

Post Number: 940
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 2:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'The Carl', that is not your style, it seemed too forced ??? ya' gotta have rhythm !!!!

Fake and narcissistic, naw, not me! 'If you is what you ain't, you am what you not'( that's what momma use to say! ) figure that out!

But I understand you might be threatened, you attempted to 'put me in my place', to chink the armor__DIDN'T WORK!__ that is a common behavioral maneuver of the white collective, an inferiority complex that 'y-t' sub-consciously, or in your case, consciously possesses.

peace-out!

super d(motordetroit)

Pdtpuck
Username: Pdtpuck

Post Number: 114
Posted From: 208.251.168.194
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 2:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you know what you are?
You are what you is
You is what you am
(A cow don't make ham...)
You ain't what you're not
So see what you got
You are what you is
An' that's all it 'tis
A foolish young man
From a middle class fam'ly
Started singin' the blues

Mod
Username: Mod

Post Number: 52
Posted From: 192.85.50.2
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 7:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, what are the expectations? Throughout history, cultures (not just "races") have exploited the vulnerabilities of other cultures for the benefit of the exploiter, i.e. Conquistador, Pharoah, Turk, Persian, Mongol, and on and on and on. People of color are no exception. NO RACE, CULTURE, OR RELIGION can resist temptation for profit, lest they be virtuous by design.

So what are the expectations today? "Separate but Equal"? "Race Wars"? Build a reverse 8 mi. wall around the city to keep out the profiteers?

Livedog2

Post Number: 640
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The Slave Trade

The trading process began at trading posts on the west coast of Africa. African kings and merchants cooperated and traded slaves for European goods that included guns, whiskey, brandy, cotton textiles, and utensils made out of brass, pewter, and ivory. The trading of European goods for slaves was known as the first leg of the triangular trade.

Obtaining slaves was not always easy. Africans acquired slaves by capturing Africans from other tribes."

So, like I've said before when you've got one (1) finger pointing at someone else you've got four (4) pointing at yourself.

Livedog2

Mod

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My ancestors were "oppressors" and in turn, "oppressed" for 400 years. Not by continental Europeans but by people of color. Back in the old country, my grandparent's homes were built without windows because it was mandated that Christians were not worthy enough to receive the light of day. No group of people is immune from the deadly sins of humanity.

The articles that Rasputin, et al have posted are so narrow in historical perspective and form such a generalized mantra that one may actually begin to second-guess oneself because of their subliminal nature. The word "white" has all-of-a-sudden become a state of consciousness, where you're born into a culture of belligerence from whence there is no escape. Pu-leeze

But label me how you wish, you're only human.

Ravine

Post Number: 255
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thumbs up to you, Mod, for your post. We must remember that the simple mind breaks things down into simple terms and concepts. Only by stepping away from the binary nature of our brains can we reach a conciousness where everything is not either on or off, up or down, good or bad, *ahem* black or white.

Livedog2

Post Number: 649
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe we can get those African Kings to pay reparations to the African Americans for their servitude!(?)

kings

Livedog2

Humanmachinery
Username: Humanmachinery

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 172.132.216.223
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*quote*
took the liberty of decoding your messages for ya ..... Now, let's discuss those "mean streets, rough neighborhoods and high-crime areas"; in addition to "guilt-laden, afraid for my existence HATE." You know, those "word bombs" you just love to use, while expressing coded "white supremacist" thinking and actions.
*quote*

Oh puh-lease! I seriously doubt you're going to find many genocidal maniacs on this forum. There's probably a fair degree of subconscious and institutionalized racism, but that hardly qualifies someone as a "white supremacist." I don't see any overwhelming hateful sentiment. There are a few alarmist and radical statements, but most of the people in this thread are trying to create a meaningful dialogue on the issue of racism in Detroit

SuperD:

White collective? Is this some satire of extremist black nationalism, or the real thing? I've met my share of stupid, redneck, racist white people in my day, but there is no single, overarching group of white people who all think alike. Racism and group think are not the sole domain of white folks, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard hatred towards blacks from Asians, Latinos, and other black folk. The whole "not black enough" arguments just turn my stomach. It sometimes makes me wonder if Barak Obama will ever make it out of Illinois.

No one in this thread is opposing black independence, but it is questionable if most understand what is necessary to achieve such a thing. For black culture (yes, race is a cultural concept, not just pigment) to see representation in this country, whites must be willing to give up their power and authority, but blacks must let go of their victimization. You cannot assist the dispossessed and slighted, if they will not help themselves, and stop blaming the white man for everything. Whites, by contrast, must abandon the bullshit nationalism which embraces a WASP image as the American ideal. It's unrealistic and unhealthy.

There are problems which face the modern black community, yes problems. Change needs to come, because the old avenues of social activism just aren't working anymore. Much of America's black population are abandoned in the decaying industrial cities of the north, left without jobs or political representation. They are surrounded by suburbs which do not welcome them, and are trapped in an urban political machine which cannot support them. Black culture has not caused this urban blight, but the two have become linked. Crime arises from poor education, racism, poverty, and the absence of a responsive and constructive community infrastructure. Look at the old rust belt, and you'll see all of these.

And the conventional methods of black empowerment have been helpless to stop it. Martin Luthor King's Christian Coalition has fallen prey to infighting, and churches are no longer the center of the black community as they were in the 1960s. Modern black culture is more diverse in its religious and social makeup. This lends the benefit of complexity and adaptability, but has also created hurtful schisms. The NAACP is little better. In the years since the dissolution of the Civil Rights Movement, it has become a corporate schill. They depend on corporate donors to gain more jobs, promotions, and contracts for black professionals and businesspersons and to secure contributions for their fundraising campaigns, dinners, banquets, scholarship funds and programs. The painful reality of the assassinations of Martin, Malcom, and Bobby, is that concern about working class blacks and the impoverished died with them. The Civil Rights Movement shifted its attention to the advancement of upper class black professionals, and ignored the plight of the average black citizen. Dr. King explicitly named class warfare as one of the causes of racial injustice, which is why the last few years of his life (when he became a socialist) are often glossed over in history textbooks.

Quite a bit of racism and social injustice remains in this country, but it's rarely overt and transparent. The only obvious answer, is that there are no obvious answers.

Livedog2

Post Number: 652
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Humanmachinery, I'm almost afraid to say this because it could be the kiss-of-death, but that was one of the most intelligent and sensible posts to hit this thread.

kiss

Livedog2

Humanmachinery
Username: Humanmachinery

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 172.132.216.223
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just laugh, because you'd have to cry if you didn't. Satire is the best answer to racism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TTWCIQGnjPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =diHvROnTDOM

Livedog2

Post Number: 653
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha ha ha!!!

Our history is our history for good or ill but it is ours!

Livedog2

Rasputin

Post Number: 3730
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Expected reactions/responses, Super_d; only change has been to see them digging for info and tidbits now. The denials are still there, the same "gnarly" - vitriolic langauge of hate being used, and so are the demonstrations "fright" and insecurities (only a little more pronounced now.) Now that's amuzing.

Next, they'll find a picture of Pushkin on the web and declare him "white" too; but only when it suits their purposes, since most don't even have a clue to "his claim to fame." [watchin' 'em Google-Google-Google-Ask jeeves!!!!!!! on-the-down-low] :-)

Now: FOR ALL Y'ALL DUMMIES OUT THERE!!!! The "so-called" Russian (a NATIONALITY, not a racial classification ... duumb-asses!!) Rasputin was NOT a Caucasoid white ..... but born of Serbian NATIONALITY to non-white parents. (remember that classification from up the thread? eh?) Go figure .... on your ignorance!!!!

and btw:

quote:

Thesaurus words for "Rasputin": Svengali, VIP, access, bad influence, big wheel, court, eminence grise, five-percenter, friend at court, good influence, gray eminence, heavyweight, hidden hand, influence, influence peddler, influencer, ingroup, key, kingmaker, lobby, lobbyist, lords of creation, man of influence, manipulator, open sesame, powers that be, pressure group, sinister influence, special interests, special-interest group, the Establishment, very important person, wheeler-dealer, wire-puller

Source: Moby Thesaurus II

Read 'dem words!!!

theCarl: I don't respond to the likes of an Uncle Tommy Sowell that pimps and plays "Y_T" like a "2-bit fiddle", as he tells them what they want to hear!! He understands the words and how you'll PAY to hear them!!!!!!!

Black-atcha ..... roflmbao

Paulj

Post Number: 437
Posted From: 68.249.241.80
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how about this:

I'm first and foremost, a human being. I would like to address other human beings on this electronic forum, in an attempt to break down the social and class barriers in whatever miniscule way is possible for 2 human beings to do so in a dialogue. In the grand scheme of things, does this accomplish much? No, but if that dialogue took place everywhere in every place we'd be a lot closer to human unity than we are calling each other dummies, fascists, bringers of genocide, or any number of epithets uttered above.

I am just a person. I one day found myself a human, on planet earth. I never chose my race, my history, or my upbringing. I never had a say in what people who looked liek me, nor people who didn't look like me, did to form the world I inherited. I *did*, however, have a say in what my values are and have control over my own actions and decisions.

From this platform, I extend an open hand and dialogue to anyone of any race, creed, color, or religion who is willing to extend the same back. I give you my respect, rather than expect yours as a prerequisite to dialogue. I would like to offer my own thoughts, beliefs, and experiences to the table in return for you sharing yours. That is, your *very own* beliefs, and the thought processes that you have used to come to them. Please leave the rhetoric, paragraph-long quotations from third party authors, and name calling aside.

Thats is what I come here with and I still would like to engage anyone and everyone at the table in such a dialouge. are there any takers?

Because that's the only way we're going to get beyond calling each other names and any type of assumption of stereotypes and institutionalizd subconcious racist behaviors. true? please interject your own thoughts from between your own two ears, as these are mine.

Or you can choose to roll around on a floor some where and laugh your ass off, keeping us all in the exact same social paralysis we existed in before we all wasted countless hours and 350 posts worth of Lowells bandwith.

Thats my outstreched hand. spit on it or shake it as you choose.

(Message edited by paulj on July 11, 2006)

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul: From one human to another, I shake your hand and embrace dialogue. I also didn't choose my race, nationality or anything else that happened prior to my birth and ability to make conscious decisions. I do respect people of all nationalities, creed, race, religion and whatever else can be thrown in there. My parents taught me to be aware of differences in people (mom said that's what makes life interesting) and I enjoy learning about other cultures, etc. I do regret all of the atrocities that have happened in the past whether it be to black, jew, or whomever. I had nothing to do with that, can't erase the past,and hope that we can only learn from what the past has taught us; each person deserves to be treated as a human being with respect and dignity. I apologize for any crude or inappropriate remarks I've made on this forum. I would hope that each person also regards me as a human being with feelings and emotions but I do realize that not everyone was taught the morals and values that my parents instilled in me. I also apologize for any spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors that I may have made in past posts. I will try to be more aware of my profession while on electronic forums and set a proper example to all. Forgive but not forget.

Ravine

Post Number: 258
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holy shit!!! Turns out that a whole bunch of white people aren't white people! This new revelation changes, well, pert-near everything! Ach, mein gott, and fuck the what, it looks like we're going to have to start all over... And, Paulj, you might as well ditch the Gandhi routine. Rasputa is too busy rolling on the floor (certain mammals seem to enjoy that) to receive the offer of your hand, and besides, he's kind of still in the middle of a serious relationship with his, y'know? But I must hie, so I can get started on breaking this alarming news to some white people.

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...must be a duck.

Mod

Post Number: 54
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To some people, if it looks and quacks like a duck, it's a turkey. You will always encounter individuals who are unyielding in their convictions.

Let it go. Each new day is a gift from GOD. Take advantage of it.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4525
Posted From: 141.217.84.88
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's right. From "TRUE HISTORY" every race around the world today was black!

The early Asians were black.

The Aryans were black.

The Aborigenes were black.

All of the Micronesians islanders were black.

The Native American Tribes were black.

The Europeans were black.

The Arabs were black.

The Jews were black.

Jesus himself was black.

Adam and Eve was black.

EVERYONE HUMANOID SPECIES ON THIS EARTH WAS DARK SKINNED! The founding race of Homo Sapiens all the way from the plains, great deserts and tropical forests of Africa.

BLACK-FOLKS are the Foundation of Mankind.

(Message edited by danny on July 11, 2006)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3731
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Redux from "up-the-thread":

quote:

A. AN HISTORICAL DEFINITION OF “WHITE”

The term white as applied to people was first used by slave—owning colonialists in 17th century Maryland and Virginia to describe poor indentured servants who came from Europe. Originally, these servants had been called “Englishmen,” “Irishmen” or “Christians,” but the colonial ruling class began to use the term “white” to distinguish European servants from African ones, who were often called “Negro,” which means “black” in Spanish.

The Virginia legislature made the term “white” a legal distinction in 1791, after a series of joint rebellions by European and African servants, culminating in Bacon’s Rebellion of 1676, nearly brought down the colonial ruling powers. (Information provided by People’s Institute.) In the slave codes of 1705, especially in the “Act concerning servants and slaves,”colonial rulers gave poor ‘whites’ certain legislated privileges, such as a small plot of land or “freedom dues” (wages) after completion of their term of servitude; the right to sue their masters in court; and exemption from public whipping for punishment! At the same time, the legislature wrote the laws which provided the institutionalized foundations for chattel slavery for Africans.

From that time on, throughout U.S. history, to be “white” has meant to have access to certain forms of preferential treatment, and exemption from racial oppression, solely on the basis of European ancestry and (allegedly) “white” skin. Thus, the concepts of “white people” and “white privilege” share the same historical and institutional roots. And both terms are artificial, historical constructions to serve political purposes: creating separations among oppressed peoples on the basis of skin color and ancestral origin so that they would not unite against a common oppressor.

(For more on the historical origins of the terms ‘white’ and ‘white privilege:’ (1) Theodore William Allen, Class Struggle and the Origin of Racial Slavery: The Invention of the White Race. 1975 pamphlet. (2) Theodore Allen, “Introduction,” The Invention of the White Race: Racial Oppression and Social Control. Vol. 1. London: Verso Books, 1994. (3) A. Leon Higginbotham, Jr., In The Matter of Color: Race & the American Legal Process: The Colonial Period. Oxford University Press, 1980, especially pages 53—57.. (4) Lerone Bennett, Jr. “The Road Not Taken,” in The Shaping of Black America. Chicago, 1975.)

btw: There is NO SUCH THING as a "Human Being", only a humanoid species (ask your boi, Darwin, about his classifications)!! Another piece of mis-information from Paulj in his continued case of "denial."

Black-atcha .....

Livedog2

Post Number: 658
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Black people moved north out of Africa. The farther north they moved the more they had to adapt to their environment. You see while they were living in Africa they needed dark skin to deal with so much sunlight on their skin. They didn't need fancy dwellings or clothes because of the climate. They also didn’t have to think much because everything they needed was pretty much right there – food in the form of game/fruits/berries/roots and water that was pretty much available wherever you could find it. All it was was a matter of grabbing their spear and being able to run fast enough to either catch their prey or run away from their foe. You don’t have to think much to do those things just be able to run fast.

Now, getting back to these blacks that started moving out of Africa, hey, that might be a good name for a book, into the north. As I said the farther north they moved the more challenged they became to survive. That’s when Mother Nature took over and turned their skin from black to white because they didn’t have to deal with all that sunlight. Next, Mother Nature made their brains grow because they needed to think more than they did when they were living in Africa.

Remember back in Africa all they needed was physical prowess to subdue their prey or run away from their foe. Going north was not easy because they had to think more about things like better shelter, fire for warmth, growing food during the right time of year, making of clothes to keep warm when they went outside, finding prey and fish to eat and a whole host of other weighty problems to solve for survival purposes. So, you see white people that were formerly black had to think much more than their black brethren.

Now, there is no judgment about what I just wrote except the judgment you bring to the discussion. The whole black, white, race thing has become so politicized that you can’t have an intelligent discussion. It’s also wrapped up in economics because society has said that people that think get paid more than people that use their physical prowess unless you’re a basketball, football, or baseball player and we all know there are not many of them. We advertise all of these wonderful goods and services and kids of all races, colors and creeds are manipulated into thinking they can’t live without these things.

So, it’s not a race problem, it’s not a people problem, it’s not a religious problem or any other kind of problem you can think of but one problem. And, that is that it is an economic/power problem! If you don’t believe me just try to fukk with the money/power of the ruling elite and watch how fast they will kill you and justify it 10 different ways from Sunday. And, guess what they will get your friends and neighborhoods to kill you with the jobs they give to them by instilling duty in them.

There will be people that will call me a racist for some of the things I have said here but it won’t faze me a bit because people have always fought the truth. I know that there is a lot riding on my thinking, a whole way of life and those things don’t die easily but killing my ideas won’t make it any less true. I’ve been accused of all kinds of things all my life by experts and none of it has meant anything to me because I know their condemnation is just trying to change my thinking and it hasn’t and it won’t.

It's going to take time for peoples of all races to achieve parity and just saying it on a piece of paper in a legislative body doesn't make it so!

Livedog2

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 126
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin: You are just playing with semantics.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3732
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Of Chocolate Cities and Vanilla Indignation: Reflections on the Manufacturing of "Reverse" Racism

By Tim Wise

Published as a ZNet Commentary, January 28, 2006

If you're looking to understand why discussions between blacks and whites about racism are often so difficult in this country, you need only know this: when the subject is race and racism, whites and blacks are often not talking about the same thing. To white folks, racism is seen mostly as individual and interpersonal--as with the uttering of a prejudicial remark or bigoted slur. For blacks, it is that too, but typically more: namely, it is the pattern and practice of policies and social institutions, which have the effect of perpetuating deeply embedded structural inequalities between people on the basis of race. To blacks, and most folks of color, racism is systemic. To whites, it is purely personal.

These differences in perception make sense, of course. After all, whites have not been the targets of systemic racism in this country, so it is much easier for us to view the matter in personal terms. If we have ever been targeted for our race, it has been only on that individual, albeit regrettable, level. But for people of color, racism has long been experienced as an institutional phenomenon. It is the experience of systematized discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system. It is the knowledge that one's entire group is under suspicion, at risk of being treated negatively because of stereotypes held by persons with the power to act on the basis of those beliefs (and the incentive to do so, as a way to retain their own disproportionate share of that power and authority).

The differences in white and black perceptions of the issue were on full display recently, when whites accused New Orleans' Mayor Ray Nagin of racism for saying that New Orleans should be and would be a "chocolate city" again, after blacks dislocated by Katrina had a chance to return. To one commentator after the other -- most of them white, but a few blacks as well -- the remark was by definition racist, since it seemed to imply that whites weren't wanted, or at least not if it meant changing the demographics of the city from mostly African American (which it was before the storm) to mostly white, which it is now, pending the return of black folks. To prove how racist the comment was, critics offered an analogy. What would we call it, they asked, if a white politician announced that their town would or should be a "vanilla" city, meaning that it was going to retain its white majority? Since we would most certainly call such a remark racist in the case of the white pol, consistency requires that we call Nagin's remark racist as well.

Seems logical enough, only it's not. And the reason it's not goes to the very heart of what racism is and what it isn't--and the way in which the different perceptions between whites and blacks on the matter continue to thwart rational conversations on the subject.

Before dealing with the white politician/vanilla city analogy, let's quickly examine a few simple reasons why Nagin's remarks fail the test of racism. First, there is nothing to suggest that his comment about New Orleans retaining its black majority portended a dislike of whites, let alone plans to keep them out. In fact, if we simply examine Nagin's own personal history -- which has been obscured by many on the right since Katrina who have tried to charge him with being a liberal black Democrat -- we would immediately recognize the absurdity of the charge. Nagin owes his political career not to New Orleans' blacks, but New Orleans' white folks. It was whites who voted for him, at a rate of nearly ninety percent, while blacks only supported him at a rate of forty-two percent, preferring instead the city's chief of police (which itself says something: black folks in a city with a history of police brutality preferring the cop to this guy). Nagin has always been, in the eyes of most black New Orleanians, pretty vanilla: he was a corporate vice-President, a supporter of President Bush, and a lifelong Republican prior to changing parties right before the Mayoral race.

Secondly, given the ways in which displaced blacks especially have been struggling to return -- getting the run-around with insurance payments, or dealing with landlords seeking to evict them (or jacking up rents to a point where they can't afford to return) -- one can safely intuit that all Nagin was doing was trying to reassure folks that they were wanted back and wouldn't be prevented from re-entering the city.

And finally, Nagin's remarks were less about demography per se, than an attempt to speak to the cultural heritage of the town, and the desire to retain the African and Afro-Caribbean flavor of one of the world's most celebrated cities. Fact is, culturally speaking, New Orleans is what New Orleans is, because of the chocolate to which Nagin referred. True enough, many others have contributed to the unique gumbo that is New Orleans, but can anyone seriously doubt that the predominant flavor in that gumbo has been that inspired by the city's black community? If so, then you've never lived there or spent much time in the city (and no, pissing on the street during Mardi Gras or drinking a badly-made Hurricane at Pat O'Brian's doesn't count). If the city loses its black cultural core (which is not out of the question if the black majority doesn't or is unable to return), then indeed New Orleans itself will cease to exist, as we know it. That is surely what Nagin was saying, and it is simply impossible to think that mentioning the black cultural core of the city and demanding that it will and should be retained is racist: doing so fits no definition of racism anywhere, in any dictionary, on the planet.

As for the analogy with a white leader demanding the retention of a vanilla majority in his town, the two scenarios are not even remotely similar, precisely because of how racism has operated, historically, and today, to determine who lives where and who doesn't. For a white politician to demand that his or her city was going to remain, in effect, white, would be quite different, and far worse than what Nagin said. After all, when cities, suburbs or towns are overwhelmingly white, there are reasons (both historic and contemporary) having to do with discrimination and unequal access for people of color. Restrictive covenants, redlining by banks, racially-restrictive homesteading rights, and even policies prohibiting people of color from living in an area altogether -- four things that whites have never experienced anywhere in this nation (as whites) -- were commonly deployed against black and brown folks throughout our history. James Loewen's newest book, Sundown Towns, tells the story of hundreds of these efforts in communities across the nation, and makes clear that vanilla suburbs and towns have become so deliberately.

On the other hand, chocolate cities have not developed because whites have been barred or even discouraged from entry (indeed, cities often bend over backwards to encourage whites to move to the cities in the name of economic revival), but rather, because whites long ago fled in order to get away from black people. In fact, this white flight was directly subsidized by the government, which spent billions of dollars on highway construction (which helped whites get from work in the cities to homes in the 'burbs) and low-cost loans, essentially available only to whites in those newly developing residential spaces. The blackness of the cities increased as a direct result of the institutionally racist policies of the government, in concert with private sector discrimination, which kept folks of color locked in crowded urban spaces, even as whites could come and go as they pleased.

So for a politician to suggest that a previously brown city should remain majority "chocolate" is merely to demand that those who had always been willing to stay and make the town their home, should be able to remain there and not be run off in the name of gentrification, commercial development or urban renewal. It is to demand the eradication of barriers for those blacks who otherwise might have a hard time returning, not to call for the erection of barriers to whites--barriers that have never existed in the first place, and which there would be no power to impose in any event (quite unlike the barriers that have been set up to block access for the black and brown). In short, to call for a vanilla majority is to call for the perpetuation of obstacles to persons of color, while to call for a chocolate majority in a place such as New Orleans is to call merely for the continuation of access and the opportunity for black folks to live there. Is that too much to ask?

Funny how Nagin's comments simply calling for the retention of a chocolate New Orleans bring down calls of racism upon his head, while the very real and active planning of the city's white elite -- people like Joe Cannizaro and Jimmy Reiss -- to actually change it to a majority white town, elicits no attention or condemnation whatsoever from white folks. In other words, talking about blacks being able to come back and make up the majority is racist, while actually engaging in ethnic cleansing -- by demolishing black neighborhoods like the lower ninth ward, the Treme, or New Orleans East as many want to do -- is seen as legitimate economic development policy.

It's also interesting that whites chose the "chocolate city" part of Nagin's speech, delivered on MLK day, as the portion deserving condemnation as racist, rather than the next part--the part in which Nagin said that Katrina was God's wrath, brought on by the sinful ways of black folks, what with their crime rates, out-of-wedlock childbirths and general wickedness. In other words, if Nagin casts aspersions upon blacks as a group -- truth be told, the textbook definition of racism -- whites have no problem with that. Hell, most whites agree with those kinds of anti-black views, according to polling and survey data. But if Nagin suggests that those same blacks -- including, presumably the "wicked" ones -- be allowed to come back and live in New Orleans, thereby maintaining a black majority, that becomes the problem for whites, for reasons that are as self-evident as they are (and will remain) undiscussed.

Until white folks get as upset about racism actually limiting the life choices and chances of people of color, as we do about black folks hurting our feelings, it's unlikely things will get much better. In the end, it's hard to take seriously those who fume against this so-called reverse racism, so petty is the complaint, and so thin the ivory skin of those who issue it.

No different than the attitudes and tenor of what is being posted up in here ..... Go figure!!!

"People problem"???? bullschitt ...... and btw: it's really kinda funny how "Y-T" is the only group of people trying to discover where they really originated from!!!! Cultures of non-white folk use the axiom: "I BE"!! (translation: I was, I AM, I will be!) Anything else is pathological, "A departure or deviation from a normal condition", in nature!

Black-atcha ......

Rasputin

Post Number: 3733
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitteacher: YOUR people's classification system is being used here. Mayhaps you should take a science class (and don't sleep through it this time), so you can understand/know the definitions!! btw: ya can't change them to fit a conveniently manufactured definition that benefits your limited world-view .....

Black-atcha .....

Rasputin

Post Number: 3734
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny, not so!! and totally unproven .... even if one were to acept the theory of Azania and it's break-up thru the big earth continental shift from volcanic action. Pure speculation!!!

If I chose to believe your thesis above, I'd have to invst time in believing Elijah Muhammad's treatise on the creation of the "white race" by the Kemetic scientist Yacub. Go figure ....

Plus, I ain't buying into the Canine's game of "False universals". All he know's is that Leakey found some bones on the continent of Afrika, and they were carbon-dated to a certain age of existence. Everything else is UNKNOWN ..... so don't fall into the trap of using "Y_T" speculations and unproven theories as TRUTH!! It's a part of the mis-education system!!

Black-atcha ..... searching for the Mother Ship!! [The Electrifying Mojo]

Rasputin

Post Number: 3735
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Super_d:::::::: they're changing handles again!!!

Black-atcha .....

Paulj

Post Number: 439
Posted From: 144.160.5.25
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

only read whats convienient, ignore the rest, and put on a show for the pom-pom girls. business as usual, You obviously dont want to have any type of dialouge, ras.

and calling my use of the term 'human being' mis-information? you are truly laughable in your attempts to twist everything into your racial mantra. some of us actually don't wake up every day and see everything from the point of view of the color of our skin. I'm a person, a dude, a human, a soul on planet earth. Now I'm sure I've proven myself as a true misinformer. Because you of course aren't with your reams of hate propaganda, are you?

now go tell super d what a righteous individual you are again, I think we missed it in your first 3700 posts. It must be hard being the only 2 non-DUMMIE informed individuals on the entire site, with of course the exception of your
intellectually challenged towelboy, the ghettoman danny himself. I sujppose thats where you get the room in your clubhouse to do all that rolling around on the floor.

I still outstrech my hand to the thinking and conversing members of thbis board, after wiping rasputins frothy foam and venom off of it.

Thecarl

Post Number: 863
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I still outstrech my hand to the thinking and conversing members of thbis board, after wiping rasputins frothy foam and venom off of it.

you have failed to do so, now please get back to wiping rasputin's frothy foam and venom off.

Thecarl

Post Number: 864
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

theCarl: I don't respond to the likes of an Uncle Tommy Sowell that pimps and plays "Y_T" like a "2-bit fiddle", as he tells them what they want to hear!! He understands the words and how you'll PAY to hear them!!!!!!!

yup, be careful when you send folks searching "up-the-thread," because you're likely to encounter some truths you dislike - written by a black person, about black people. come on now, rasputin - if a person said something about their own race, it must be true, right? this is what you've been saying all along, and now your're backing off? so, maybe the "truth" about white people is not necessarily found in the disconcerted ramblings of some hopelessly eternal academian that can't integrate with society and panders to the emotions of a disadvantaged people in order to gain acceptance? hey, if you can find reason to categorically dismiss sowell, then i'll apply the same rules to your author as well.

where does that leave us, rasputin? good old, one-on-one, REAL dialog. no more "up-the-thread" references to senseless hogwash.

Mod

Post Number: 55
Posted From: 192.85.50.1
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm probably the first person to say this but, OK, I get what you are saying Rasputin. We all succumb to stereotypes. Unfamiliarity breeds fear, hate, suspicion, etc.

So, what are your expectations? How have you handled the status quo in the past and how do you intend to live with it going forward?

Ravine

Post Number: 262
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Should we all get ready for another cut & paste job, or do you suppose that Rasputin will actually address your question directly, using his own words, without being a smirking little smart-ass, minus all that yang talk about "codes," and sparing us of seeing "go figure" over and over and over and over and over?

Thecarl

Post Number: 865
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

'The Carl', that is not your style, it seemed too forced ??? ya' gotta have rhythm !!!!

super_d, i'm glad you have a sense of humor. in fact, i always thought it was funny how your stylized vernacular was an instant test for xenophobic hypertenstion!

quote:

Fake and narcissistic, naw, not me! 'If you is what you ain't, you am what you not'( that's what momma use to say! ) figure that out!

i don't think you're fake, super_d, although i'll need some convincing to believe you're not just a little bit narcissistic. however, if you profess that white people speak unassailable truths about white people, but disavow the writings of a black person about black people - are you what you say you are, and should be?

quote:

But I understand you might be threatened, you attempted to 'put me in my place', to chink the armor__DIDN'T WORK!

i'm too confident to be threatened - i guess fearless is the word - but i don't intend to be reckless. i have no desire to "put you in your place," because only you can do that. and, i'm not making any attempt to diminish or discredit "you," to point out a "chink in your armor" - however, there is a serious flaw in your argument. that is the point i'm trying to make. there's a big difference between attacking an argument and attacking a person (ad hominem).

quote:

__ that is a common behavioral maneuver of the white collective, an inferiority complex that 'y-t' sub-consciously, or in your case, consciously possesses.

are you suggesting that i am white, brainwashed, manipulative, racist, or what? somehow you're trying to categorize me instead of listening to me. does that make you bigoted? prejudiced? racist? everything you rail against? narcissistic, even?

quote:

peace-out!

peace-out indeed.

dialog.

Thecarl

Post Number: 866
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rasputin's premise:

quote:

Mayhaps you should take a science class (and don't sleep through it this time), so you can understand/know the definitions!! btw: ya can't change them to fit a conveniently manufactured definition that benefits your limited world-view .....

rasputin's conjecture:

quote:

I ain't buying into the Canine's game of "False universals". All he know's is that Leakey found some bones on the continent of Afrika, and they were carbon-dated to a certain age of existence. Everything else is UNKNOWN ..... so don't fall into the trap of using "Y_T" speculations and unproven theories as TRUTH!! It's a part of the mis-education system!!

rasputin, all you know is what you want to know, and i'm not even sure you're capable of that.

Super_d

Post Number: 942
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)hey 'Ras'__ 'y-t' swinging at the air, switching names, synify'n__go figure!!

Now they insist that you stop discussing in depth the structure of the white collective system!!! Their feign naivety is to be question, as it is another manuver to mitigate the discussion at hand!

Could it be in fear that revealing the truth of wrong doing will lead to the dismantling of their white supremacist ideologies???

Could it be by understanding that WITHOUT the process of white supremacy 'their' total white genetic survival is at stake!????

peep this...

Wherever a system is really complicated,as in the brain or in an organized community, indeterminacy comes in, not necessarily because of 'h'(Planck's constant) but because to make a prediction, so many things must be known that the stray consequences of studying them will disturb the status quo, which can never therefore be discovered. History is not and cannot be determinant. The supposed causes only may produce the consequences we expect.

Perhaps 'theys' don't wanna' know???

Therefore, it is not astonishing that there are many symbols and codes(obviously mentioned on this thread by the white collective) in the system of white supremacy that reveal its origin in the struggle of the white genetic survival.

on a side note....

Crack'n up checking out the white collective on the 'love thread' having a hard time generating some-love__ go figure!(LOL)

super d(motordetroit)

Paulj

Post Number: 441
Posted From: 68.248.75.129
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 1:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm just sick of being lumped into someone elses percieved groups based on percieved skin color on an internet forum. Thats what's being perpetuated above. In fact, what is being accused is exactly what is being practiced, and the accusation is being used as the justification for the same action.

Imagine, for a moment, two guys meet on a street. one pulls a pistol out and says 'hey, you're walkign this dark street alone at night and therefore, you must be looking for trouble. I'm therefore going to shoot you to
pre-empt the violence that I percieve you to be perpetrating.
That is the argument presented in this attempt at actual dialogue. Can you see how circular that is? really, put down your rhetoric and manuals and think about that one for a minute.

And personally, I could give a rats ass about the 'genetic survival' of any race. I have no kids and plan on having no kids, so I guess my own genetic fate is already sealed. I'm only concerned with the here and now, and what can be done to create an understanding, not isolate and blame folks.

again, I'm just a dude who doesn't represent anything but the thoughts and experiences collected between my own two ears. I don't know who you're accusing of having 'boys' or being part of a collective. I have no 'people' except my friends, family, and union brothers & sisters. I reject the systems of class sepratism that keep poor folks of any race poor.

thats right, it's my contention that class sepratism, not racial sepratism, is the root of most of the problems you describe above. In fact, in that context, this racist play that is being portrayed above is one giant diversion and smokescreen from what is really keeping all folks of all colors, races, creeds, and cultures down. You're either in the upper 2% or you're not, any other infighting is just serving to cement that fact.

my 2 cents, but go ahead and attribute it to some supremacist crap that you've already convinced yourself exists and I must therefore be a part of.

Oh thats right, you were'nt talking to me, were you? you were talkign at ras for my benefit... Just a big back-slapping show in these parts.

anyone for a dialogue or shall we just beat our chests, close our minds & ears, and proclaim our beliefs toward a brick wall?

Danny

Post Number: 4527
Posted From: 141.217.84.91
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin, All hominid species before they ruled the Earth were "DARK SKIN" fortold by various black African tribes, not to the miseducation provided by various white man's history or any other race claiming that their existance came from the creation of their pagan gods and mythology. Im still continue to lean on your side based on the thesis and TRUE arguments of various peoples who think that the basis of white privilege and supremacy culture is mythological JOKE of LIES and DECIEITS.

I didn't do my research of the mythological land of Azania. It's like trying find the mystic land of Tir Na Nog in which it doesn't exists. All the research I do on the hominid species doesn't not come from the WHITE MAN or their archaeologists period. But from the ancient texts from various tribes of Africa in which "the Ghettoman" has one of the few ancient texts left of the world. Due to security issues " The Ghettoman himself does not give out any of the ancient texts to anyone esle but his STREET PROPHETS. If you want to find out about these texts I have to post the board only by THE GHETTOMAN'S permission.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3736
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed Super_d; but I hadn't even gone to the level of posting anything regarding "white genetic survival" yet. In fact, I stated that I would put up some pieces regarding the Brazil Model, of which - the proposed plan by the Eurocentric kolonizers - is now being rejected by African Americans (methinks Brazil in still in the Americas and contains Africans) and it's 1st Nations' citizens. It should be an interesting read, but maybe a little "too deep" for some of these folk - especially those that haven't done the mirror exercises yet.

Kinda amuzing to ponder why all the "Lovers" have problems with Daily Love. Mayhaps that's what happens with reactionary bullschitt ..... a mass "cluster-fukking of the mind" w/o a clue!! [Willie Lynch in reverse??? :-)] George Clinton told them to "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!! The Kingdom of Heaven is within!!" They musta thought he meant to get up, jump around and shake that flat ass while missing the "so-called" FUNKY beat, and call it dancing to be FREE!! (lmao) But notice: whenever the Eurocentric is backed into a corner, his/her/its next approach is to scream for dialogue. That's a SOP/technique/action which Enaharo pointed out in his work on "code":

quote:

Racism in plain sight is covered up by a barrage of coded words designed to tell a lie that is supposed to be believable.

TheCarl still thinks we should deal with our own like "Y_T" deals with his, hence we're supposed to consider the likes of Uncle Tommy Sowell. Absolutely INCORRECT!! Mayhaps he should research why Sowell's schitt is rejected by the Black Press and why the "Y_T" press luvs him. But, I'll repost this, by Wise (a white boi)in the 1st person, for him:

quote:

If you're looking to understand why discussions between blacks and whites about racism are often so difficult in this country, you need only know this: when the subject is race and racism, whites and blacks are often not talking about the same thing. To white folks, racism is seen mostly as individual and interpersonal--as with the uttering of a prejudicial remark or bigoted slur. For blacks, it is that too, but typically more: namely, it is the pattern and practice of policies and social institutions, which have the effect of perpetuating deeply embedded structural inequalities between people on the basis of race. To blacks, and most folks of color, racism is systemic. To whites, it is purely personal.

These differences in perception make sense, of course. After all, whites have not been the targets of systemic racism in this country, so it is much easier for us to view the matter in personal terms. If we have ever been targeted for our race, it has been only on that individual, albeit regrettable, level. But for people of color, racism has long been experienced as an institutional phenomenon. It is the experience of systematized discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system. It is the knowledge that one's entire group is under suspicion, at risk of being treated negatively because of stereotypes held by persons with the power to act on the basis of those beliefs (and the incentive to do so, as a way to retain their own disproportionate share of that power and authority).

Meguesses he thinks we haven't noticed how theCarl disputes himself up-the-thread, even in quotes!! So, be it!!

Anywho, you're on it!! Gonna keep wearing the BLACK ROBE sans "white collar"; if ya get my drift!!

Black-atcha ..... keeping the 3rd eye open

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 138
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras you write like a drunk Irishman! Mehaps, Methings, meguesses...oh wait, that would be a leprechaun! Never have I heard a black person saying mayhaps, methinks...Not even words, really!

Funkycarrie
Username: Funkycarrie

Post Number: 331
Posted From: 69.209.138.56
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe he's a pirate?

Paulj

Post Number: 442
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It appears to me that the only "third eye" you are keeping open is located between your legs and a little to the rear.

and attempt to have a conversation framed as racist conspiracy... if someone wrote this stuff into a movie it would be laughed at as unbelieveable. you can't really believe this, can you ras? I'm of the camp that thinks all this banter is your own fictional online personal designed to entertain you and puff up your ego a little. Quite a frigheting world you must live in if you believe every word you spew.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3737
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO @ Danny. Touche', Danny ..... melikes your last post. Mealso sees that you understood my point, even if albeit muddled. However to make it even clearer, NO ONE knows if Azania existed or not; nor does anyone know about the 1st peoples - except they existed. But, we do know that the Euros came and left the caves much, much later in time, if we accept their cave paintings as dated. All the rest is European "speculation" and mis-education!!

As I stated above, we still use the phrase: "I BE"; with the same meanings of the ancestors.

Here's another saying, which originated durin the time of our enslavement: "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words can never hurt me." That saying was common in the slave quarters regarding the massas'; not just some "kiddie" verbage of insecurity as depicted today. Some academics have stated that the saying was one that kept (and still keeps) the "Will" and "Strength" of our African Ancestors intact during some real hard times. A cultural thang brought from the MotherLand!! Go figure ....

Side note: Meguesses Pirates and Drunken Irishmen didn't meet your approval either, eh? So fukking what?!?!? Go figure ....

Black-atcha ..... watching some "Y_Ts" speak real ill of the 3rd eye, while espousing their "white supremacist" ignorance.

Funkycarrie

Post Number: 334
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I take that back, you don't say Argh! enough to be a pirate....

"seafoam green-atcha"!

Paulj

Post Number: 443
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pirates are a fictional supremacist conspiracy concocted by the man. Don't even get me going on the origins of 'Aye, matey'...

Danny

Post Number: 4551
Posted From: 141.217.173.162
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulj,

Actually Pirates have been around since the early parts of the ancient mediterranean kingdoms. The word Pirate come from the Latin word PIRATA, a masculine 1st declension noun and a " P.A.I.N." word where you have to use the pain Latin words to imply it to masculine words. Pirates are NOT based out of mythological fairie tales. They were REAL even during the days on the Carribean Seas of the 16th to 19th Centuries. They only purpose is to loot and plunder oncomming ships from the Spanish galleons to the other Merchant vessels. The Golden Age of Pirates started in the 16th Century when Spain was the superpower in the world due to all the looting of the Aztec gold and conquering the new world of the Americas. Leaving other European Nations very jealous, England decided to find treasure in the new world by sending former naval captians and felons. Some who went to islands on the Caribbean didn't find much gold so they started to loot and plunder treasures from the Spaniards instead. Later France, Holland, Dutch joined in with the English and they called themselves " Privateers", the Pirates of fortune, soon all of Spain was losing a lot of treasure and territorities and later The English Pirates made an attack for land conquest for Jamaica by seizing a Spanish fort. The Island of Jamaica became the fisrt Pirate Nation. Pirates by means of piracy at the time were legal, but first all captians must issue a plundering license from the govenor of Jamaica to do so. In the early 18th Century after the Queen Anne Wars for control of Hispaniola. The Pivateers are No longer needed and the Pirates were out of the job. But the Pirates still want to make a living so they keep on plundering more mechant vessels and galleons. All European Nations declared that Piracy is Illegal and it punishable by death!

The most feared pirate of all was Jonathan Teach as known as Blackbeard. He and his crew spent years looting and plundering mechant vessels, traded ships and even burned them up. Blackboard's crew have a democratic social structure to elect anyone to be captain. Blackbeard was elected captain over and over again due to his popularity and threats. He even had a Pirate island nation in the Bahamas.

The they are some pirates, but in small numbers all over the world. Most of them are in illegal drug and immigrant smuggling business.

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 1197
Posted From: 198.30.81.2
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_d,

I chose not to respond to Livedog2's "analysis" of my question namely because 1) he has not been a long-time forumer; 2) a good number of his posts are in and of themselves very disturbing from a racist point of view, therefore he cannot be given the liberty to speak on other's perceived racist point of view; 3) while I respect some of his informative posts, he has most assuredly outdone himself on this thread.

Super_d, we have not always seen eye-to-eye on issues pertaining to the internal and external racial and social issues of the Black community. However, I just can't see you (we have to forgive Danny in this case) defending every morsel of information Rasputin posts on this forum. I'm sorry that Rasputin is so angry about the history of Black Americans. I'm sorry that for one reason or another, he cannot and/or refuses to, rise above the the real and/or perceived "injustice" toward Black Americans. I just cannot see how anyone can devote their time and energy towards fueling and sustaining such hatred. Just the thought of being bitter about Black American history makes me puke. I simply choose to acknowledge that there have been injustice, that there will continue to be injustice--yet, Blacks now have the resources, knowledge, and power to rise above the challenges. This is the legacy of slavery--that we have and will continue to overcome any and every obstacle placed in our paths. This alone makes me proud to be a Black American.

Livedog2

Post Number: 674
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You don't need to respond to me any further because you just did! And, furthermore I know what the truth is even if you don't. Saying it ain't so doesn't make it not so. I didn't say what I said with malice in my heart. I said it with the truth of my convictions. The liberal do-gooder in me would like to see us overcome our racial differences. But, my insights and experiences tell me it ain't going to happen. It will be one of the many undoings of us as a country, society and culture. The final judgment of our slavery will be the dissolution of the U.S. Maybe it’s just what we need because the seeds of destruction of any entity lie within the seeds of creation if you don’t weed them out.

Livedog2

Paulj

Post Number: 444
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you have all just proven your compliance with the pirate conspiracy, weather you know it or not! I am here to expose you supremacist bastards for what you are, and show the world true meanings of the code words 'ahoy', 'scallywags' and 'ARRRRRGH'. Go figure!

rolling on the floor laughing my viking ass off!

Paulj

Post Number: 445
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Facts of Piracy
Title: Code of Conduct
Author: Krzysztof Wilczyński (about)

Code of Conduct on a Pirate Ship:
The rules of each pirate captain were clearly stated to each member of the crew. There was little ambiguity about acceptable behavior among pirates on a typical pirate ship. When a rule was breached, the crew was often without pity or remorse in punishing a guilty crew member. Although in cases of particularly useful pirates such as skillful fighters, exceptions were inevitably made. Below, a sample code of conduct is provided. Outlined below is a sample.

Sample Code of Conduct:

Every man shall obey civil Command; the Captain shall have one full share and a half in all Prizes; the Master, Carpenter, Boatswain and Gunner shall have one Share and quarter.

If any man shall offer to run away, or keep any Secret from the Company, he shall be marroon'd with one Bottle of Powder, one Bottle of Water, one small Arm and shot.

If any Many shall steel any Thing in the Company, or game, to the Value of a Piece of Eight, he shall be marroon'd or shot.

If at any Time we should meet another Marrooner (that is Pyrate) that Man that shall sign his Articles without the Consent of our Company, shall suffer such Punishment as the Captain and Company shall think fit.

That Man that shall strike another whilst these Articles are in force, shall receive Mose's Law (that is 40 stripes lacking one) on the bare Back.

That Man that shall snap his Arms, or smoak Tobacco in the Hold, without a cap to his Pipe, or carry a Candle lighted without a Lanthorn, shall suffer the same Punishment as in the former Article.

That Man that shall not keep his Arms clean, fit for an Engagement, or neglect his Business, shall be cut off from his Share, and suffer such other Punishment as the Captain and the Company shall think fit.

If any Man shall lose a Joint in time of an Engagement he shall have 400 pieces of Eight; if a limb 800.

If at any time you meet with a prudent Woman, that Man that offers to meddle with her, without her Consent, shall suffer present Death.

methinks the pirates are out to get me.... GO READ THE AUTHOR!

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 145
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't see race mentioned in there. Did I miss something? Sounds about right for the Pirate Code of Law.

Paulj

Post Number: 446
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you must be a pirate supremacist yoursef, detroitteacher! it's a subconscious school of thaough that dummies are prone to falling into. stay tuned for 75 pages of pirate documentation that PROVE you're a conspirator yourself!

lol

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 152
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No pirate, just an Irish/French American teacher. And I resent the dummy reference. (it's THOUGHT, btw not thaough). Dummy, indeed. Shall we really get into the grammar in your post?

Funkycarrie

Post Number: 335
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh as the joke flies over teach's head!

Aaron
Username: Aaron

Post Number: 113
Posted From: 69.241.224.171
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still don't see why you people continue to feed the trolls.

Gildas
Username: Gildas

Post Number: 776
Posted From: 69.216.138.26
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zen question...

If Ras posts something and nobody reads it, is it still racist?

zen atcha...

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 154
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well cheese snaps. It's hard to tell when people are doggin one out or not on this here thread. Sorry Paul, thought you were being serious. Hard to tell who on here might be supportive of small minds (go Freudian here). My apoligies, I got the joke.

Livedog2

Post Number: 683
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G-d help our children!

Livedog2

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 155
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny dog, funny. Sarcasm just doesn't come across well on the net. Who knows, some people have pulled some outrageous info out on this thread. Who knew?? :-)

Paulj

Post Number: 447
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you're a closet swashbuckler!

<bump> to show the world your nautical dark side!!!

lol hope you got a laugh, detroitteacher.

Livedog2

Post Number: 688
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ligten up Detroitteacher! It ain't life and death on these threads if it was most of us would be dead!!

Livedog2

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 156
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul: Indeed, I did get a laugh. I can take it as well as dish it out. :-)

Thecarl

Post Number: 869
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rasputin posteth:

quote:

TheCarl still thinks we should deal with our own like "Y_T" deals with his, hence we're supposed to consider the likes of Uncle Tommy Sowell. Absolutely INCORRECT!! Mayhaps he should research why Sowell's schitt is rejected by the Black Press and why the "Y_T" press luvs him.

rasputin, i'll quote you: "get over the postings about YOURSELVES, YOUR CLASSIFICATIONs and YOUR CULTURE, written by your own people!!" i made no interpretation, judgement, assessment, recommendation, condemnation, or acclamation with regard sowell's writings. you're just trying to deflect from your own inner turmoil and feelings of doubt.

quote:

Meguesses he thinks we haven't noticed how theCarl disputes himself up-the-thread, even in quotes!! So, be it!!

rasputin, i've been clear and consistent throughout. i challenge you to show me where i've disputed myself.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3741
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave: your statement,

quote:

I'm sorry that Rasputin is so angry about the history of Black Americans. I'm sorry that for one reason or another, he cannot and/or refuses to, rise above the the real and/or perceived "injustice" toward Black Americans. I just cannot see how anyone can devote their time and energy towards fueling and sustaining such hatred.

is really fukked up and REAL full of mis-information as well. First, there's no bitterness here at all. Hatred???? Your words, not mine. Methinks you're acquainted with Super_d ..... I don't know you and it's very safe to say, "Vice versa"!!! History is his-story, not ours; therefore I refuse to accept the lies as truths. Maybe you do. Nor am I chasing him/her/it or its values, culture, etc. as you seem to be. They're too perverse and deceitful for my tastes.

Second, the postings (except 2) were written by white "Y_T" people about and for white people. Now chew on that. However, if the "proverbial" shoe fits you, so be it!!

I'm sure you know about the 10% ..... an old military term to me, not Dubois' ..... and we Black folk have our 10%. Was hoping you were not a part of it; but I appear to be incorrect. Blackness???? Methinks you're still looking the wrong mirror. That concept appears to have been taken/stolen from you a long time time ago. Fanon writes about it in his work, "Black Skin/White Mask" and again in "A Dying Colonialism." But it's not too late to reclaim it. I'm sure it would make your ancestors Proud.

Furthermore, if you have something to say to me; be grown enough to say it!! TO ME ..... That's a BLACK THANG!!!

Now, mayhaps you might want to reread what "Y_T" has written about "Y_T"!!!!!

Black-atcha ..... watching how Willie Lynch worked his magik on one that's ashamed to be BLACK

Super_d

Post Number: 943
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 3:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Shave' perhaps you should search the definition of repentant amnesia?__ an effect that seeks to erase the pain of the past as a gesture of reconciliation for the harm inflicted by an individual or group.

Once again, a maneuver that is often used in the 'white collective' ideology. 'They' forget the past in order to avoid embarrassment or discomfort of remembering a past injury of injustice__ in otherwords forgiv'n by forgett'n__go figure! Plays right into this post, don't ya think! Re-up on some of 'y-t's post and you will notice clearly that while attempting to establish some sort of relationship wit' there 'dispisers' ,the pain that is repressed (from their repentant amnesia) often roils beneath the surface.(coded words and messages)

While reading 'y-t's responses, it is easy to see how these repressed pains often infect the relations between 'us' and 'them' in a strange and sometimes unpredictable way (posting about pirates and other irrevelant bullshcitt)...I guess trying to shift the burden to the effected party__so when this happens, now we are viewed as hostile, or unforgiving, should we bring up the past or assert how it is connected to present day problems...

by the way ,notice the lack of the word usage hate, kill, stink, victim, by 'Ras' or myself__ ain't no 'hateration' up in hear ma'sista'!!

'Shave' to you, maybe the shoe fits... 'ironically' through manipulated memory and manipulated concience__ or perhaps through your selective ability to retrieve the past, has obivously changed your tint, tone, and manner of which you live. perhaps a case of 'willie lynchism'

I'm not saying that you totally deny your pain, I'm sure you realize the viciousness of the past by the white collective, but you want Black-folk to simply be conforted by realizing that it is not nearly as bad as we remember__go figure!

I strongly believe as a member of the Black story, due to the violating principles of the 'white collective' and its practices, we have the right to search our pain and not deny our concience and challenge our own privilege to sanctify our pain, so that we will never forget the pain of many of our suffering Black brotha's and sistas'. That's what predicates our strength...don't get it twisted!

I'm sure this won't be he last time we disagree, but for our own sake, we need you on the Black-hand-side...I posted a passage of the Willie Lynches system__ did you read it?...perhaps you should become more aware of his workings.

peace-out, and much love to ya' sista...and maybe one day....well, we will be on the same to team!:-)

'Ras' holla back, have a good night!

super d(motordetroit)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3742
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hollain': Excellent post. I'll just steer the Sista to this site Rasputin's Stuff for Ancestor Malcolm's quote. Mayhaps that will help with easing the Sista's confuzion.

In addition, ya may wish to check this out (excerpt):

quote:

As of the 1940s and 1950s, both nations—but especially Brazil—defined their race-relations system in terms of what it was not. The Brazilians pointed to the United States, with its segregation and anti-intermarriage, as an example of the institutional extremes to which white Americans carried their Negrophobia (with lynching a violent manifestation of the same). The hypocrisy of the U.S. claim to be a model democracy was much criticized from abroad—especially from France, still the spiritual home of the Brazilian elite. This critical stance was reinforced by the worldwide anti-American campaign unleashed in the early Cold War—a climate that helped give the Brazilian elite a feeling of moral superiority toward the United States. Brazil may have imported more African slaves than America, the feeling went, but it had not created a society that created excuses (political belief as well as race) for dehumanizing measures of exclusion. E. Franklin Frazier, the noted African-American sociologist trained at the University of Chicago and expert on the U.S. African-American family, described this contrast in 1942: "Whereas in Brazil white, Brown, and black people know each other as individual human beings, white people in the United States only know the Negro as a symbol or stereotype ... While we may provide Brazil with technical skill and capital, Brazil has something to teach us in regard to race relations."11 ..... THOMAS E. SKIDMORE

..... more to come regarding the comparative analysis of the "world view."

Black-atcha ..... shouting, "SAY IT LOUD ....." (James Brown)

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1173
Posted From: 198.208.159.18
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so, do i get an award for starting this soon-to-be 400 reply juggernaut?

Ravine

Post Number: 268
Posted From: 70.228.58.113
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gravitymachine: Hard to believe, isn't it? Go figure.

Livedog2

Post Number: 698
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your horns will be waiting for you when you get to hell! Ha ha!!

devil horns

Livedog2

Mod

Post Number: 56
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think everyone should go out and rent "Brian's Song"

Livedog2

Post Number: 702
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great theater and fiction! Ha ha ha!!

Livedog2

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.