Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » The NW corner of Woodward and I-75 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ganib_ganabs
Username: Ganib_ganabs

Post Number: 54
Posted From: 68.40.145.48
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are there any plans for this area? Other than internet rumours like the "New Joe Louis Arena", what would be the best use of this huge area that extends all the way to the Eddystone? In my opinion, this urban prarie has the potential to connect downtown to Cass Corridor to Midtown. I think its the most important piece of land undeveloped. Is it being talked about in Kwame's office or is it not talked about at all?

Would a hockey arena do this land justice? Or will they screw up and put Crosswinds 2 there?

Any insider info or thoughts from regular people?

Redetroit
Username: Redetroit

Post Number: 30
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not gonna lie, the new Crosswinds loft building going up looks pretty damn good....very similar to a lot of those Royal Oak-type developments. I also heard it was sold out (don't know if that's really true). I wouldn't mind a mix of more buildings similar to that, with a possible retail/commercial/entertainmen t component on that site.

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 144
Posted From: 68.40.65.66
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

see I thread I started earlier...I think a large park like a Millenium Park with the eddystone as the west limit and woodward as east limit. THen develop mid-high rises along it and gentrify those run down victorians/hotels along temple. Ideally they could big-dig 75 at that point to extend the park but maybe intergrate it into Cass Park.

however, I believe the city is reclaiming most of that land and put out a RFP

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 89
Posted From: 141.217.173.57
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...for a parking lot.

j/k ;)

...or maybe I'm not. The Motown Building site has served the community so increadibly well with all the parking that it's been taking in like it was intended to do for the Super Bowl.
[/end sarcasm]

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 1712
Posted From: 134.215.223.211
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The new Motown Music museum is supposed to go there, just as soon as the Post Downtown gets put in.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.