Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Not exactly a Detroit Issue. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 312
Posted From: 71.227.95.4
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As some of you know I am riding in this years WAM (WISH A MILE) 300. It's a 3 day 300 mile bicycle tour from Traverse City to Chelsea Michigan. It's a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish foundation of Michigan and is normally their largest fundraiser of the year. I have raised just over $750 so far and only have 2 days left to reach my goal. If anyone can help by making a donation I would greatly appreciate it. For more information or to donate you can visit the link below. Thank you.

www.Wishmich.org

http://wishmich.kintera.org/WA M/zofchak/

***My apologoies for posting this twice, I know many here do not venture into the "Non-Detroit" section that and my previous post became hopelessly lost in the archives. Also a huge thank you to those who have already made donations. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

(Message edited by Johnnny5 on July 24, 2006)

(Message edited by Johnnny5 on July 24, 2006)

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 249
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My family and I give regularly to the Make A Wish Foundation. It's a great cause. We just donated to another rider but I wish you luck!! Have a safe ride :-)

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 313
Posted From: 71.227.95.4
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks DetroitTeacher. I rode last year's tour as well and we raised just under $800,000! It really is a great group of people and a very worthwhile cause.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.