Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Gloria Jeff lands in LA « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 1747
Posted From: 134.215.223.211
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Former MDOT head Gloria Jeff has landed a job in LA working to dig them out of gridlock. If only she could have been able to work on some of the initiatives she's working on in LA here in Michigan:

http://www.metroinvestmentrepo rt.com/mir/?module=displaystor y&story_id=363&format=html

Funkycarrie
Username: Funkycarrie

Post Number: 337
Posted From: 69.209.128.187
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I find that a little humorous

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 406
Posted From: 209.220.229.254
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The projections are for the L.A. basin to add the population of two Chicagos in the next two decades.

WTF yeah right. 6+ Million new residents?

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 164
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She told the public that THE reason southeast Michigan does not have mass transit is because we don't have a regional transit tax. She also said our present bus systems cost too much.

SMART COSTS TOO MUCH PERIOD.

So, please vote NO on August 8, 2006 and let's clean up our costly governments by replacing officials with ones that can and will get the state and industry supports we need.

Or, vote YES and you will all see the state money go bye-bye.

SEMCOG almost always ends their bullshit transit speeches with the saying --- if only we could all just pay a little more. But when they are asked to improve our existing bus system they do absolutely nothing and they know the taxpayers are being ripped off. They know the I-75 freeway expansion will not solve traffic congestion but still do nothing.

But, there is hope YES, Wal-Mart will save our bus systems with more jobs.

These jobs will REPLACE the union jobs.

AND property taxes will REPLACE state fuel taxes for mass transit.

The Transportation Riders United knows these facts very well and they know that taxing housing instead of driving will pave the way for more urban sprawl and the further decline of Detroit.

It’s time for all to support my cause to stop posting on this forum and stop talking and instead support my actions. I don’t give bullshit speeches like SEMCOG but instead go out and do the jobs our transit officials and regional planners are paid to do but won’t

You all will see how much 0.59 mil will buy should the tax pass. It won’t buy enough to keep our existing buses running and they will fall apart and then I-75 will bulldoze over the city of Detroit. Unless our leaders can bullshit us all to pay more to bail out SMART because the state won’t pay. See how much industry will pay? Today, they pay less then 10 cents for every tax dollar spent and they get big tax breaks thanks to people like DeVos and Bush.

Anyone who makes less then $12 per hour would be very wise to ask for my website and support it because I want to manage both SMART and DDOT and make them into affordable bus systems. If you think I’m crazy then why not take me up on this. I already have a professional job of moving trains in four states and they are nearly always on time because I know transportation. I know more then SMART, DDOT, MDOT and SEMCOG when it comes to the logistics of moving people and goods and this is a fact. You know why? It’s because I’m the customer and in the REAL world of transportation the customer is always right.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.