Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Detroit Demolition trying for 5th straight title « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 552
Posted From: 71.159.22.4
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really says something to the way they play together (for those who go to games). You see what happens when team accomplishments overcome individual achievements? Oh, yeah... Pistons, Tigers....
Damn Lions, only team not winning in this city.

IWFL Championship

What: Detroit Demolition (10-0) vs. Atlanta Xplosion (9-1) in the Independent Women's Football League championship game.

When: 10 p.m. Saturday.

Where: Veterans Memorial Stadium, Long Beach City College, Long Beach, Calif.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20060728/SPO RTS11/607280329

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 554
Posted From: 71.159.22.4
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit Demolition women's professional football team missed a chance at a fifth straight league title when it lost to the Atlanta Xplosion, 21-14, Saturday night in the Independent Women's Football League championship game in Long Beach, Calif.

The Demolition (10-1), who had won 52 straight games, won four straight National Women's Football Association championships before moving to the IWFL for this season.

It was the Xplosion's first league championship. The Demolition lost for just the second time in their history (58-2).

Gary
Username: Gary

Post Number: 174
Posted From: 68.248.11.150
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was at the Demolition's 2003 championship game in Nashville. I had to be dragged to the game, my attitude was "Women's football??? You can't be serious." After watching that game, I had a whole lot of respect for those women and their ability to play the game. They definitely made a believer out of me.

Nice going, Demolition. At least we have one pro football team in Detroit we can brag about.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.