Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Bike Crew with a Woman Covered Wagon « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mclite
Username: Mclite

Post Number: 29
Posted From: 69.215.196.78
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was driving down Woodward on Friday and saw a crew of people on bikes, one of them pulling a wagon that was dressed like a woman. Today, driving up Cass to work, I saw the women-covered wagon on the side of the road. Does anyone know what this is all about?

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1731
Posted From: 208.44.117.10
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back Alley Bikes Auction

back alley bikes metro times article

Cjdb16
Username: Cjdb16

Post Number: 137
Posted From: 198.109.49.243
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The woman covered wagon was created by a friend of mine who rode it in the bike event on Woodward last year (Red Bull something) . He is a bike fanatic and was looking forward to the event, even though his wife was due to give birth three days after the event. He created the "Pregnant Lady Bike" in her honor and rode it in the event, his wife went into labor early and was at the event with two or three day old baby. For the past 10 months the "Pregnant Lady Bike" has been taking up lots of room in their garage so they got rid of it, looks like the people at Back Alley Bikes are putting it to good use.

Toolbox
Username: Toolbox

Post Number: 956
Posted From: 66.184.29.148
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is the "Birthing Bike" from the Red Bull Dragster Days event.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.