Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Bob-Lo Home Movies circa 1959 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 842
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pretty cool stuff Ed.
Too bad kids have to go all the way to Sandusky instead of Boblo Park.

Mallory
Username: Mallory

Post Number: 42
Posted From: 207.230.140.240
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It irritates me that I didn't realize what I had when I worked for Bob-lo. I was a DJ on the boats during the summer of '84. I think back to those two ships and how magnificent they were. Did I take pictures? No. I'm such a tool.

Now, all these years later, all I have are cloudy memories. I can remember chugging down the river, especially when it rained. That was always a bad sign for travelers, but I kept the music flowing.

Thanks for the pictures. They were some great times.

Livedog2
Username: Livedog2

Post Number: 839
Posted From: 24.223.133.177
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sanks for the memories, Ed!

Don't beat yourself up, Mallory. It's always easy to look back and criticize ourselves for this or that but it was what it was and at least you got to experience it!

Livedog2

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.