Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Gary Brown vs. Kilpatrick « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 266
Posted From: 70.229.255.89
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm surprised no one has commented on this:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20060728/NEW S12/607280454/0/BUSINESS07

Firefly
Username: Firefly

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing to comment on. Mayor Kwame has really stepped up his A-game in his second semester. Kudos, Big Guy! He appears to be working hard, taking his post and responsibilities more seriously, and proving that his second term was not a fluke nor will it be taken for granted. That crap in that article is the last remnants of a near disaster during his first trimester. He is carrying a big vision that will take all of Detroit working together to birth forward. Penske is doing his fair share by tackling the most important part of this big baby and that is cleanliness and aesthetics. Haven't heard of any whoremongering going on in the DPD. Finally, Mayor Kwame has gotten his admenstruation to stop bleeding controversy. Seems like everyone is stepping up to become a responsible parent to this baby. Alls well that ends well I guess.

Mani
Username: Mani

Post Number: 22
Posted From: 68.60.182.26
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame is a thug! He is trying to keep things on the down low so he can keep sucking up the cash money to pay for his big SUV! Also so he can keep taking trips to AFRICA to connect with his roots while the city continues to financially sink! Come on...NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Firefly

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Mayor Kwame is a downlow brotha? Oh, hell no! Just think how his quiet lifestyle away from the limelight of controversy will infect the rest of the city. Pretty soon, the image of our fair city will suffer greatly from his private, closely guarded indiscretions. Bastard! How dare he not put his shit out there in the streets for all of us to turn around and use by pointing and blaming him for the state of Michigan's woes? If he is gonna be the godfather to this vision, then he should carry himself as such. Damn that responsible asshole! Damn him! He can be a freak behind the scenes but he needs to be a man in the street. Yeah, he is sucking the cash-strapped city dry by making tough choices regarding the city's financial future. And I be damned if the Mayor needs to take a vacation. He don't deserve vacations, only the President. How could Mayor Kwame take a vacation in the midst of a financial crisis when the President only takes vacations in the middle of war, economic turmoil, and full-fledged, world-wide, wide-spread conflict? How could Mayor Kwame pay for a big SUV with taxpayer's money when our dear, sweet President only gives no-bid contracts to his friends and cronies using tax-payer's money? Kwame you have surely "disappointed" me. How could you? How could you? HOW COULD YOU?

Mani

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not sure if you are being facetious but I think Bush is no different than Kwame. BUSH IS A WHITE CONSERVATIVE THUG. Even worse, selfish hypocritical idot. He rejects stem cell research because he thinks it is a human life when it has not even mated) and at the same time sends men and women to die in the name of freedom. They are dying while he is getting RICHER with all of his white buddies.

Firefly

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Bush is a conservative, White thug, wouldn't he be more like Eminem? Let's make some comparisons: Eminem has a habit of sucker punching people while his security detail surrounds him. President Bush has a tendency of spouting off at the mouth with the Secret Service in tow. Eminem married the woman he rapped about killing. President Bush married a legal Hispanic but wants to grant citizenship to thousands of illegal Hispanics. Eminem's entourage are dying off as he goes safely home to a sprawled Oakland County mansion. President Bush's admenstruation suffers heart problems (Cheney), mental problems (Rove), anxiety issues (Powell), problems with honesty (Rumsfeld), and dental problems (Rice and those two bucked-teeth) while all he does is down a 12-pack and snort some snow.

Mani

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, you parallel well. And while M&M brings us back to Detroit, I am not sure what Bush has to do with Detroit?

Firefly

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Neither do I, pal. But I did one heckuva job with my parallels, wouldn't ya agree?

Mani

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, that was good. ;-)

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 268
Posted From: 70.229.255.89
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Firefly...
Don't be surprised if Gary Brown wins this thing...both he and Nelthrope are class individuals and were wronged. The Mayor's actions and demeanor presently have no bearing on what went on in 2003.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 176
Posted From: 64.141.144.2
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry, i couldn't resist:

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/78316.html?1154626411

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 549
Posted From: 4.229.60.75
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The legal issues in the Brown and Nelthorpe cases are quite complex. Some of them go to the heart of the scope of the Whistleblowers Protection Act and governmental immunity for elected officials. The Michigan Supreme Court doesn't accept many appeals each year, but it might take this one. If it does, nothing happens in these cases for at least another year.

If the Supreme court sends it back for a trial, watch for the fireworks when the administration, in its desparation to avoid the public spectacle of the Mayor and Christine Beatty on the witness stand, tries to convince the City Council to approve huge seven figure settlements.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.