Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Broadway shows in Detroit.. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 493
Posted From: 24.192.148.150
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe this is a dream of otherwise.. But if the fox theatre expands there stage.. And the other theatres group together.. BTW I notice the lack of shows over at the Music Hall when I took the tour..

We have plenty of theatres to host a broadway strip permently like NYC.. But only in Detroit.. Though it would take the might of the BIG theatre owners to group together to make this happen.. What do you think? We have theatres in close enough range of each other to pull it off.. Maybe one or 2 more theatres would do the trick... I am thinking with that many operating theatres in walking distance this could work..

Now if the state became a real theatre again.. WOW.. Think of the possibilities...

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5769
Posted From: 24.57.57.12
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

But if the fox theatre expands there stage

Sigh...

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 494
Posted From: 24.192.148.150
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes grammer police.. Their? Is that better?

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 1723
Posted From: 4.229.123.195
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A dose of stark reality here D'dom........I don't think there is support for what you propose. The Fox stage expanding could mean even less shows being staged at Masonic.That would be a bad thing.I love the Fox.Hellfire I love all the Detroit theaters.But lets face reality,UA gone,Madison gone, Adams, gone and thosw were mostly movie houses....the point being that sort of entertainment where people dress up and go to a show is nearly museum fare now.....I mean look at the Cliff Bell cover charge thread where there is debate about a 3$ cover charge!

It is almost analogous to the Detroit office occupancy situation.Building new means another older place may suffer

Btw it is grammar_

Caseyc
Username: Caseyc

Post Number: 614
Posted From: 65.27.144.253
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AIW should have used a "[sic]"....tsk tsk......

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.