Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Someone Shot Behind the State Theater « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Toriani
Username: Toriani

Post Number: 8
Posted From: 69.242.219.26
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 2:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A young man, as least it appears so from my window, was shot this evening behind the State Theater at about 2:18 am. It took the cops, in an area that usually is cop-filled, about 8 minutes to respond. The cops put the man in their car and took him the hospital because an ambulance seemed to take forever to arrive. I hope he's okay, but it didn't look good.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 942
Posted From: 69.14.30.175
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 3:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

test.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 943
Posted From: 69.14.30.175
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you said you saw a young man get shot (?), outside your window, at 2:18.

you watched out the window, and after eight minutes, some cops showed up. that would be 2:26.

the cops put the man in the car because it seemed to take the ambulance forever to arrive, although you posted this at 2:38 detroityes time, which is actually 2:34 real-world time. that would mean the cops were only on-scene for eight minutes before they determined it was taking "forever" for an ambulance to appear - but strangely, eight minutes is the same time it took the cops to appear. forever.

by the way, sweetcheeks...what were you doing in those eight impatient minutes you spent waiting for the law to arrive? cleaning the fingerprints off your shiny new revolver?

Toriani
Username: Toriani

Post Number: 9
Posted From: 69.242.219.26
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 4:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You assume that I saw the man get shot. I did not say that. The shots woke me up.

You assume that I posted this to forum as the man was being driven to the hospital or that my posting was time-relevant. That's not the case, so your timing is wrong. But to me, 8 minutes is a long time when a man is bleeding on the street. To me, it seemed like forever. Once the cops arrived, they didn't wait on the ambulance. They put the man in their car and drove away. Their reasons for doing so? I can only assume were because an ambulance had not yet arrived.

Although I sense your sarcasm, I won't reply in same. In the 8 minutes before the police arrived, I called 911. Now I'm trying to sleep, but I'm not so desensitized to violence as to be able to just put this out of my mind.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 389
Posted From: 4.229.141.9
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Channel 2 just reported victim was DOA at the hospital. Supposedly someone fired into the crowd and the guy was an innocent bystander.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10500
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is why I hate dance clubs in the city. Shut them all down for all I care, as I can just about guarantee this was the outcome of some shit talking at "Altered State," where upon somebody went to the car after they left to get their gun to settle their dispute.

You wanna remain safe while downtown Detroit? Stay the fuck away form dance clubs at 2 am and you'll be fine.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another great story for Detroit.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 306
Posted From: 68.60.181.41
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How sad. I was at Cliff Bells last night after the ballgame and it seemed such a lovely night to be in Detroit. I guess we were a half hour and 2 blocks away from bad trouble.

Wmuchris
Username: Wmuchris

Post Number: 369
Posted From: 69.246.19.24
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard that shot. Woke me out of a dead sleep. I knew that it was a gunshot, but I tried to convince myself that it was just a dumpster slamming shut.

Sad.

Altered State must be shut down.
Wanna make a difference in Detroit? How about everyone begging Rock Financial to come downtown, direct that effort toward shutting down these dangerous parties.

Start Writing letters.

Redetroit
Username: Redetroit

Post Number: 36
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That Altered State crap needs to be shut down. It gets worse every weekend. I saw a few fights almost break out last night while driving by.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 3655
Posted From: 68.21.44.67
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That shit has been going on since the State reopened 20 years ago.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1767
Posted From: 75.9.245.211
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel sad for the family and friends of the victim who died. However, I believe that you're always going to have incidents like this when you're dealing with the young twenty-something crowd. Like Jams said, this stuff has been going on at the State for twenty years. Granted, someone isn't shot and killed every weekend but altercations are going to occur.

Remember that the revival of downtown Detroit is going to attract more and more people, including the "undesirables." This incident attracted one of those kinds of people. However, I have seen hundreds of young folks stand in long lines to get into the State theater and I have not seen any problems. Therefore, IMO the crys to close down Altered States is a bit premature.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6290
Posted From: 70.236.198.22
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was probably not much undesirable about this fellow BEFORE he drew his weapon...far as much of general caveman society considers it, things seem.

Maybe if they need an outlet for their energy, just short of an outright murder...instead of kicking the troublemakers out of a club, where they can get a weapon and cause great destruction...instead they get tagged by the bouncers and taken to tiny detention rooms with little oxygen until they can get into one of three or four after-hours fenced-in boxing rings...and they can gladiator their way to win the woman or whatever the fight was about.

Time to bring back public duels without the lethality, seems we need an outlet...

...let the games begin.

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 763
Posted From: 68.41.164.236
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gosh, I had just left the area shortly before this happened. Downtown seemed so nice last night.

The violence in Detroit is breathtaking. I would expect something like this to happen once every five years not once every five weeks, which it seems like is how frequently someone gets shot downtwon. What's even more astounding is the tendency to rationalize this. Life in the big city. Whatever. It's totally off the charts.

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 633
Posted From: 68.60.139.186
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's what you get in a country with such lax gun laws, where everybody justifies owning a gun with "But it's our constitutional right".

Facts: Japan's gun deaths was 39 in 2001(provided by the National Police Agency of Japan), Germany: 381 gun deaths (from Bundeskriminalamt - German FBI), Canada: 165 gun deaths (from Statistics Canada, the governmental statistics agency), United Kingdom: 68 gun deaths, (from the Centre for Crime and Justice studies in Britain), Australia: 65 gun deaths (from the Australian Institute of Criminology), France: 255 gun deaths, (from the International Journal of Epidemiology) The U.S.: 11,127 gun deaths (from a report from the Center for Disease Control).

From "Bowling for Columbine"

These statistics should tell all of those gun-worshipping Americans something. Outlaw guns, it won't solve the problems, not overnight at least, but it's a start.

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 24
Posted From: 69.95.232.196
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you outlaw guns that does not meen that the industry will shut down. Guns will just go on to the black market and there will be even less regulation. The only difference between now and if guns were outlawed would be that we wouldn't have the names of new gunowners.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 105
Posted From: 141.217.174.219
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Supersport. There's a certain populus that think they "own" this city and can behave however they want. So, someone snatched this guy's designer sunglasses. Let's go whip out our gun and show the crowd who's boss. Cartier sunglasses...hand gun...something doesn't add up. They probably weren't rightfully his in the first place.

On behalf of the family who's loved one was murdered in cold blood last night, let it be known that thug trash is no longer welcomed in this city. It never was.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 481
Posted From: 70.160.37.222
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm, last time I checked, murder was also illegal and yet having a law against it didn't stop this man from taking another human life. Could it be that criminals don't follow the law, including gun laws? I'm willing to bet that this individual also did not have a CCW, and therefore should not have had a gun in his car or whatever, and yet he did it anyways? Why is this? If there is a law against it, then the criminals should obey it, right? And I wonder if the handgun used in the murder was legally registered with the police department as required by Michigan state law? Something tells me not, you see for gun laws to work, people have to OBEY them. Criminals for some strange reason choose not to, and yet people seem to think that more gun laws will somehow make a difference.

And of course we all can cherry pick some statistics to prove our point, like the fact that handgun murders in Great Britain rose 40% in the two years after they BANNED HANDGUNS, or that Great Britain has more homicides today than they did prior to banning guns. I guess the criminals in the UK didn't get the memo that they weren't allowed to own such weapons.

(Message edited by warriorfan on August 20, 2006)

Milwaukee

Post Number: 29
Posted From: 69.95.234.69
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can ban and confiscate guns but people will just find different ways to kill people. You can't ban hatred or evil.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 527
Posted From: 69.246.29.185
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The violence in Detroit is breathtaking. I would expect something like this to happen once every five years not once every five weeks, which it seems like is how frequently someone gets shot downtwon. What's even more astounding is the tendency to rationalize this. Life in the big city. Whatever. It's totally off the charts

Crime downtown is anything, but off the charts. I wish the whole city could have downtown's crime stats. And to the think something only happens every five years in any large downtown is just wholly unrealistic.

There is no doubt that this is a tragedy. But just the fact that this was even brought up highlights just how uncommon this is downtown. Stuff like this happens way more in the neighborhoods, but you never see a thread about every story of a shooting in a non downtown bar/club.

Wmuchris

Post Number: 370
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Milwaukee,

How many drive by stabbings do you hear of?
How many people randomly throw chineese stars into crowds and kill people?

Guns make it way too easy for us to kill each other.

Milwaukee

Post Number: 30
Posted From: 69.95.232.110
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You may see a decrese in murders once the cash straped police in Detroit confiscate every gun in the city close all gun stores, and block all people who are bringing guns into the city. Once that happens then Detroit will see a decrese in gun murders, but not stabbings, beatings, or stranglings

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 142
Posted From: 69.242.221.36
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Criminals don't buy their guns from gun shops,besides how many gun shops are even here,not many. Crime happens everywhere,thats a fact,I don't see any of you all up in arms when people get stabbed over at Vicente's,which has happened more than a few times in the last 3 months.

Warriorfan

Post Number: 482
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When the UK banned handguns, knife crime went through the roof. So what did the UK do, they started banning certain kinds of knives. In five years, they will be banning Louisville sluggers after people switch to those.

It's funny how people think that banning guns will somehow take away murderous intent. What comes first, the drive-by shooting or the desire by some thug to commit a drive-by shooting? And if guns were banned tomorrow, will these street thugs turn in their AK-47s and Glocks that they aren't even legally allowed to have in the first place? The criminals in the UK didn't turn in their guns in 1997, only the law abiding citizens did.

Philbert
Username: Philbert

Post Number: 224
Posted From: 68.72.127.56
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The UK had 765 murders last year for 60 million people. London is in the UK and is a major densley packed old city of 8 million in the UK about the same size as NYC.

Two Detroits - 1.8 million people or two Chicago's - 6 million people had the same number of murders as the whole UK of 60 million people.

About the UK crime increase, there isn't one. Last year the UK had a 12% decrease, that includes the 52 killed in the terrorist attack on its subway, in murders from the previous year. Gun violance remained statistically the same from the previous year.

Since 1995 violant crime in the UK has fallen 43%.

So while there may have been a 40% increase in gun related deaths since the time of the hand gun ban.

A 40% increase to 68 a year, vs. our 11,000, is really nothing. For example it is easy to double the number one thus giving an impressive 100% increase but in reality it is still an increase of only one. We are 6 times the size of the UK, 6 times 68 gun deaths is 408 not 11,000.

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 637
Posted From: 68.60.139.186
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Philbert.

Warriorfan, and others defending your "right" to bear guns: it's not only the criminal who plans on commiting a crime with the help of a gun, it's also all the other incidents that involve guns and lead to tragic deaths like the moron with a hot temper who happens to own (legally) a gun and can't control his anger, the drive-by shootings (something unheard of in Europe), the "accidental" shooting of a person stumbling onto someone's front yard because he might have been an intruder, the accidental shooting of kids because they accidentally stumble onto a loaded gun, the angry husband gun-owner who just couldn't control his temper when his wife forgot to buy his favorite beer, and the list goes on. Notice how many times I used the word "accidental"? People just don't seem to be able to handle the responsibility that comes with owning and handling a gun, so you have to take it away from them.

America - the land of the UN-free - where everything is illegal, except guns.

Warriorfan

Post Number: 483
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Philbert: You neglect to mention that Great Britain had an extremely low homicide rate even well before they banned guns. Even when they had relatively lax gun laws, their murder rate remained well below today's UK homicide rates. The yearly homicide rate in the UK was always below 700 all throughout the 60's, 70's and early 80's when guns were still legal and readily available to the population. Today, after banning guns, their homicide rates regularly exceed 700 murders each year. Please explain this phenomenon. So to compare the UK homicide rate to ours is total misleading bullshit that proves absolutely nothing about gun control.

Ghettobutterfly: 4X as many children drown in backyard swimming pools each year than die from guns they find in the house. I guess we should ban backyard pools since people just don't seem to be able to handle the responsibility that comes with owning them. And it's funny that the two safest states in the Union are also two of the most gun-friendly (North Dakota and Vermont). Meanwhile, the city with the MOST murders in America, Washington DC, has had a total handgun ban in place for the past 30 years. Please explain this.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 598
Posted From: 68.40.89.188
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone have a link to the incident?

Philbert
Username: Philbert

Post Number: 225
Posted From: 68.72.127.56
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did explain the phenomenon. The numbers are so low that any increase will appear as a big percentage.

you said:
"Today, after banning guns, their homicide rates regularly exceed 700 murders each year."

The year the UK banned all guns they had 738 murders, the law was passed in the end of November 1997. Last year they had 765 murders. The UK has grown by 2.5 million people since the end of 1997 when that law was passed and has 27 more murders last year than 1997. But the real statistic is that 52 people were counted as murders from the terrorist bombing last year. Without that 52 with a population increase of 2.5 million the UK would have less murders.

The UK had relatively lax gun laws compared to themselves, the UK, and certainly not the US.

765 murders last year for a country of 60 million people. Detroit and Chicago population put together is about 3.6 million people. But these two cities had more murders than the UK of 60 million. Remember the very city of London alone, in the UK, is over twice the of Chicago and Detroit put together.

11,000 murders by guns in the US last year and only 68 in the UK.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1070
Posted From: 64.142.86.133
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 2:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who cares about the UK?

Somebody is dead who doesn't deserve to be.

I'm surprised I haven't yet heard the "his mouth wrote a check his body couldn't cash".

Bottom line, this shit is scary. Nobody deserves this. Nobody deserves to wake up to this. Nobody should have to put up with it.

Tndetroiter
Username: Tndetroiter

Post Number: 147
Posted From: 141.217.226.162
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 3:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A gun is a tool, nothing more. The trigger doesn't pull itself.

K_solomon
Username: K_solomon

Post Number: 26
Posted From: 199.178.223.4
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detroitnews.com/app s/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200608 21/METRO01/608210356/1006

His sister reports it took police 20 minutes to respond.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4852
Posted From: 141.217.174.229
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's amazing that we can solve our problems with a bullet rather than talk it out. As the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS continues more people in the America will be killed by firearms.

Welcome to Detroit where murder is the LAW!!

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 274
Posted From: 71.65.11.152
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

A 20-year-old college student was shot and killed early Sunday outside the State Theatre after a man fired a gun randomly into a crowd because he said someone stole his Cartier sunglasses.

AT 2:15 A.M.!

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8723
Posted From: 70.54.69.58
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's the new "cool" look. Didn't Cory Hart sing that lame song about 20 years ago "I wear my sunglasses at night"?

Increased violence is a by product of increased human activity. As Detroit's downtown continues to increase in the number of bars it has, so will the violence. Just look at Windsor on a typical weekend. It is anarchy at times. And the only way to stop it is by an increased police force. Something Detroit CC & mayor have not addressed.

On a side note, wouldn't this be considered a "random" shooting?

Solarflare
Username: Solarflare

Post Number: 516
Posted From: 65.112.56.3
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I say we go back to pointing the finger at the person who started this thread, that was more entertaining.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 111
Posted From: 141.217.214.203
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:
--------------
AT 2:15 A.M.!
--------------

He wanted to show off the sunglasses and how rich he is after he stole them. The point was not wear them. He probably wanted them to get snatched so that he'd have an excuse to whip out his glock and represent Joy Road.

quote:
-----------------
On a side note, wouldn't this be considered a "random" shooting?
-----------------

Perhaps, but it was random against the public, not domesticated, like they typically are in the "mutha f'in hood, G". Not that it makes it any less devastating.

Oh and if anyone knows who did it, "DON'T SNITCH"!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Snitchin'

(Message edited by rocket city on August 21, 2006)

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1075
Posted From: 205.153.103.15
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/9711137/detail.html

Sick.

And how come these guys seem to NEVER get caught?!

Warriorfan

Post Number: 484
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^^^^^

Because "no one sees anything" in Detroit. Even though there was a huge crowd, somehow no one will have actually seen the shooter, or at least that's what they will tell police. You can't solve murders when the citizens won't cooperate, either out of fear of the killer or because they are protecting the killer or simply because they have no desire to help the police do anything.

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 87
Posted From: 63.102.87.27
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's sad.

Atl_runner
Username: Atl_runner

Post Number: 1949
Posted From: 24.98.116.13
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

a man fired a gun randomly into a crowd because he said someone stole his Cartier sunglasses.

I swear this has happend before in Detroit. I mean the whole Cartier sunglasses murder thing.

Royce

Post Number: 1772
Posted From: 69.209.177.31
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These things always happen in Detroit when some fashion item, which is ridiculously expense, becomes the "must have" item among the materialistic folks. A young man from Detroit was killed at a Southfield party store along Evergreen a few years back for his Cartier glasses. The couple charged with the crime followed him and waited for him as he came out of the store.

This story will repeat itself when folks starting killing each other over 14 caret gold pacifiers or some other useless fashion item.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1078
Posted From: 68.248.9.131
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These Cartier sunglasses have been the bomb for some time now. What's so great about them?

Wmuchris

Post Number: 372
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA PI.dll?ViewItem&item=820806591 7&category=79746

Royce

Post Number: 1773
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They're Cartier and their super expensive. The followers of the "bling" truly must feel that they have to have these sunglasses in order to be "real" with the "bling."

At $1339.00 I've just paid for a college class or two. Damn! If only I had sacrificed getting a bachelor's degree or working on a master's degree, then I could have about 70 of those glasses. What was I thinking?

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10508
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I swear this has happend before in Detroit. I mean the whole Cartier sunglasses murder thing.

I am pretty sure that was the initial report from the fireworks shooting from a few years ago, though can't recall if it was confirmed or not. Personally, I think people who wear these sunglasses are probably about all packing heat. They only wear the sunglasses as a trap, a reason to shoot at people when they take them.

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 470
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of my students have expensive glasses such as Cartier. There are fights all the time because of eyewear. I just don't get it. MINE cost 54 bucks total. I think I paid 14 for the frames after insurance kicked in. Getting pummeled or shot at because of something I wear on my face isn't an option.

My question is...why was the dude wearing sunglasses at 2 am??

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 396
Posted From: 69.246.55.51
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
Watch you weave then breathe your story lines
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes

Corey Hart

Solarflare

Post Number: 520
Posted From: 63.69.106.3
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What's so great about them?

My guess is that they are prominently displayed in the style and videos of a certain type of music.

Maybe the school dress code is a good idea.

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 475
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, true. BUT...I meant in all reality is there a specific greatness? Are they more comfortable? Do they magically make one's vision more clear than non-celeb glasses? Do they have special powers? Spending that much on eyewear is just ludicrous, IMO. Someone else said, that amount of money is college tuition!

I don't think the dress code made mention of eyewear. DPS can't really tell the kids they can't wear a specific brand of eyewear.

Goat

Post Number: 8729
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sport, you must wear sunglasses at night as well.

LMAO!!

Superduperman

Post Number: 143
Posted From: 68.42.169.160
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no...rappers do not wear them anymore and when they did not many rappers wore them,they are more or less a status symbol,young kids wear them to say "Hey look at me,look what I'm wearing,you know how much they cost,I'm the Shit"

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2686
Posted From: 4.229.105.35
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few years ago a Southfield 14 year old saved up his money and bought a pair. His mother said it was OK to spend the money for such lavish excess.

Well he's dead now cuz he refused to give them up when he was held up.... His mother has to live with her decision for the rest of her life...

Detroitteacher

Post Number: 487
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still don't get why people spend a mortgage payment on something you wear on your face. If they were like Inspector Gadget glasses or something, maybe. I really don't get how parents can put their kids at risk (because we all know the risks involved in wearing such expensive items) by allowing them to own these things. Same with shoes...300 bucks for something you might step in dog poop with? C'mon. Priorities are a bit messed up. How about BOOKS for the kids instead of glasses that are needlessly expensive?

Royce

Post Number: 1774
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the craze with wearing expensive fashion items probably began with Calvin Klein jeans in the late 70s or early 80s, which we made famous by thoses Brooke Shields' commericials in which she exclaimed, "Nothing comes between me and my Calvin's."

Around the mid 80s it was the Max Julian coats. Later it was the Michael Jordan gym shoes, and etc.... Some of you probably can remember some of the other items. I can't keep up anymore.

Toolbox
Username: Toolbox

Post Number: 971
Posted From: 69.14.126.173
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

8Ball
Triple Fat
Suzuki Samurai
Used

All were favored in the drug trade. It was like the wild west during the early YBI and Best Friends days. Relatives were EMT's, cops, and other medical personel during those times.

Ron
Username: Ron

Post Number: 281
Posted From: 70.212.121.87
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This country was "founded" because we had guns and the Native Americans didn't. The US will never get rid of gun violence. It is as much an American phenomenon as apple pie.

J_stone
Username: J_stone

Post Number: 334
Posted From: 68.61.195.38
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To quote the Detroit News - "had gone to the popular downtown nightspot Saturday night for a party featuring hip-hop and rap music"

enough said

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 978
Posted From: 69.212.40.93
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 1:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The 'punks' that should share some of the blame for these types of crimes should be the greedy-ass 'amerikkkana kapitalistic korperate' market institutions!

These 'punks' seductively take direct advantage of a particular group of people. A people that (not by choice) have become psychologically captive to historical amnesia, materialistic compulsiveness, and personal adaptation for acceptance at any and every cost into the 'amerikkkana' perception of legitimacy__unfortunately this mentality gives forth to some of the madness and overall genocide we are witnessing!

I guess this goes back to 1492 when...well you know the story!__go figure!

super d(motordetroit)

Heywood_mccrakin
Username: Heywood_mccrakin

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 68.255.163.26
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_dork wrot...."The 'punks' that should share some of the blame for these types of crimes should be the greedy-ass 'amerikkkana kapitalistic korperate' market institutions!"

SD,

just wanted to let you know that nobody ever put a gun to your head, or anyone elses head to buy (or steal) all that stuff. If you believe in your heart that it is the greedy corporations, then you must be the silliest mf, this side of Stuper-sport.

Psychologically captive? do you really believe this crap?

No wonder they laugh at your ass on HFD.

Wmuchris

Post Number: 373
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah superD it is Y-T's fault that kid got killed.

Shut the FUCK up you fucking Imbicile.
It is a wonder that you are still here.

Nuclearxwinter
Username: Nuclearxwinter

Post Number: 22
Posted From: 66.43.171.103
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 2:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First of all, to say that a great place like Altered State should be shut down because of an ignorant fools need to shoot someone over a pair of sunglasses is ridiculous. This could have happened to anyone at any place with these sunglasses because too many people in Detroit are obsessed with material possesions. It isn't just a Detroit thing, but I have noticed while living there that people were a little more concerned with how much their clothes cost than in other places I have been. It could have happened at any club in downtown detroit or any restaurant,bar,festival,or grocery store because people are stupid. Don't put blame on a place that is doing more to help out downtown detroit than most places ever will. Detroit needs places that attract people so that it can grow. What it doesnt need is it's lack of police presence. Maybe if these people would actually get caught once in a while they wouldn't feel so comfortable with committing senseless acts of violence over monetary things.

It is the value that America places on stupid things that just don't matter. That is why violent crime is so high here and lower in other places.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 2125
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Altered State had nothing to do with this incident. He was at a concert and the concert had nothing to do with the incident. There are too many fucked up people in this city that believe everything should be settled by firing off a gun.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 25
Posted From: 68.41.154.161
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I quit going to the State because there was too many fights. I can't say why that one night spot will have more aggression and violence then another will. We can't really even say it's the nature of the Rap music itself. The Token lounge in Westland was notorious for shootings for awhile too. That's all I know, if I go somewhere and the crowd is angry and indifferent, I'm outta there.

Livedog2
Username: Livedog2

Post Number: 992
Posted From: 24.223.133.177
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't we all just get along?

Livedog2

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 120
Posted From: 63.171.81.130
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

super_d,
you state that the people at blame are the "'amerikkkana kapitalistic korperate' market institutions!" when in fact Cartier is French. It is called free will, no one put the gun in this coward's hand except the person alone. Typical, it ain't my fault mentality, blame it on someone else.

Goat

Post Number: 8734
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rjlj, don't worry about "Super" D, he is just a white boy who doesn't really know where he belongs.

Super_d

Post Number: 981
Posted From: 70.88.106.173
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't let me have to call 'Ras' to open up another can of 'WHOOP ASS' on 'y-t', to explain the whole phenomenon of 'the Gun' and what it means to the survival of 'white supremacy' not just in 'amerikkka', but in 'amerikkka' and abroad!

I believe it has something to do with the short comings of the white male reproductive system_oops!(dare I say that) maybe I should say 'genetic vulnerablility' as it relates to people of color world wide!__but I ain't 'fix'n to' hit ya' wit' that.

Unfortunately society reflects the dominate thrust,('western civilization/white supremacy')__ so we should understand that every circle of life within this structure is organized to reserve this system__and 'the Gun' is the critical survival tool within this system to preserve white male reproduction, control and domination.

'right to bear arms',(hummm) ain't that guaranteed in the KKKonstitution!__go figure!

super d(motordetroit)

Solarflare

Post Number: 525
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Comedy Gold.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone hasn't taken his meds today.

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 68.85.146.169
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The biggger issue is that Cartier is some dumb-looking shit on your face anyway. I've seen people wearing these, they're worse than the even-dumber huge, oversized alien-eyes looking shades you see these dopes wearing. Rap videos, dance videos, fucking lame magazines, of course these empty-headed dolts use them as their source of how to look, dress, and accessorize. Right down to the Tech9. Weak shit.

Superduperman

Post Number: 144
Posted From: 69.242.221.36
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tech9's are so 80's they carry 9mm and 45's now with an occasional Desert Eagle.

Heywood_mccrakin

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i cant decide whether Super_d and Danny are Morons or lunatics.

Can someone please help me out on this one?

Thanks.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 400
Posted From: 67.107.47.65
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Both?

Warriorfan

Post Number: 486
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Thanks.

What I can't understand is why Super_D and Danny are allowed to spout their racism and bigotry without even so much as a warning from Lowell. Or why the majority of board members seem to casually accept this type of ignorance and hate being spewed on what is supposed to be a forum free of "hate group messages" according to the Conditions of Participation.

I'm willing to bet that if a white suburbanite from Oakland County came on here and used the N-word in a hateful fashion, this place would absolutely explode. But "y-t," "Gaydale," "Hitlerland," justifying the murder of a woman based on her skin color, etc all seem acceptable, at least to Lowell and the majority of forum members.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 546
Posted From: 70.229.231.102
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have always read Danny's posts as irony and satire. I think they are sometimes brilliant.

Merchantgander

Post Number: 2134
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you ask me what Super_d is really saying in his ramblings is, that he is really pissed off because he cannot find enough large white cock. Super_d maybe you should move to Gaydale or Homo Oak if you need more white cock. Who would have ever thought that Super_d was a gay black guy with cracker fever?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7782
Posted From: 198.208.159.19
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I take it Big Tone doesn't sell large white cock?

Solarflare

Post Number: 526
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What I can't understand is why Super_D and Danny are allowed to spout their racism and bigotry without even so much as a warning from Lowell. Or why the majority of board members seem to casually accept this type of ignorance and hate...

You shoulda been around when Rasputin posted regularly. Rasputin makes Super_D look like Bryant Gumble. And as for the rest of the board members, well, this conversation has been had scores of times, they've acquiesced after Lowell has stepped down from high-up and made clear there's a pass for that.

Warriorfan

Post Number: 487
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You shoulda been around when Rasputin posted regularly. Rasputin makes Super_D look like Bryant Gumble. And as for the rest of the board members, well, this conversation has been had scores of times, they've acquiesced after Lowell has stepped down from high-up and made clear there's a pass for that.

So basically Lowell protects a core group of pet posters, even if they spew racism, homophobic slurs, and general hatred and bigotry. That's the impression I get, that there is a select group of forumers who are immune to the rules of this forum because they have been around a long time or they have ingratiated themselves to Lowell or whatever the case may be.

And I'm familiar with Rasputin's racist ramblings, but I don't think even Ras is crazy enough to equate black-on-black violence in Detroit to the penis size of white people, or derogatorily refer to our northern neighbor as "Gaycanada" like Danny once did. Rasputin's posts may be full of hate, but at least they are coherent.

Solarflare

Post Number: 527
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You've missed some of Rasputin's greatest hits, where he said he supported al-queda, is training a group of black youths with the M1 Garand in some kind of quasi-urban-CMP, advocates tax-evasion, etc etc etc.

I wouldn't say "Lowell protects a core group of pet posters" but he has reasons he lets go what goes, I'd ask him, he'll tell ya.

(Message edited by solarflare on August 24, 2006)

Kova
Username: Kova

Post Number: 70
Posted From: 63.77.247.130
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In defense of Danny, while sometimes his comments are truly absurd, some of his posts display a certain genius in terms of understanding the complexities of an issue.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2692
Posted From: 4.229.72.2
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny is our "Sevant"... brilliant in some regards.... but like "Rain Man" in others...

Although Ras does indeed spout a lot of hateful things, he seems to have done some recent homework on logic, the "Ad Hominem" fallacy in particular, and read up on the other 40 Logic Fallacies. So his attacks aren't as personal of late.

Super_d.... well let's just say P.T. Barnum was right!

Solarflare

Post Number: 528
Posted From: 65.112.56.3
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd say Danny is closer to a Forrest Gump than a Rain Man.

Heywood_mccrakin

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'd say danny is a dee dee dee

Cambrian

Post Number: 32
Posted From: 75.10.91.78
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I gotta say the people that post those outrageous comments definitely play to a packed house. More attention is given someone that spews forth nonsense rather then someone who has something intelligent to say. This forum looks more like "Jerry Springer" then it does "World News Tonight" Just a personal observation.

Merchantgander

Post Number: 2137
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you captain obvious

(Message edited by Merchantgander on August 24, 2006)

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 908
Posted From: 68.60.139.244
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Captain Obvious - Not bad. But I prefer MOTO!

Master
Of
The
Obvious

Cambrian

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, thank you Seargant Snyde and Corporal Comeback!

Merchantgander

Post Number: 2139
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't be upset Cambrain please share some more of your observation with the forum. Maybe that grass is green and cars without wheels can be a bumpy ride.

Cambrian

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Naw it's cool! I guess given the choice everyone wants cheetohs more than a chef's salad.

Warriorfan

Post Number: 488
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

More attention is given someone that spews forth nonsense rather then someone who has something intelligent to say.

That should be the official motto of DetroitYES.

Super_d

Post Number: 982
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't ya' love the blatant arrogance and hubris of basic 'y-t'!__ when basic 'y-t' has no other recourse or intellectual debate to express or counter, 'they' quickly revert to contemptuous insults.__go figure!

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand__The brilliant lyricist, producer, CEO, 'Master P' once profoundly flowed...

'WE DON'T OWN NO' PLANE, NO' BOAT, WE DON'T SHIP NO DOPE AND GUNS FROM COAST TO COAST...

right? What does it mean?

The origins of the problem do not reside in the community in which they are manifest!

I'll let you meditate on that for a second...

dig it!

The origins of the problem do not reside in the community in which they are manifest!

We have to look beyond the 'hood'!__The 'hood' is just the site of its distribution, the final ripening of the seed, its maturation, its spread.

Where does it begin?

That's the question! bust that!

super d(motordetroit)

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 446
Posted From: 24.192.25.47
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 3:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sorry, you can't take yourself seriously in an intellectual conversation when you begin it by quoting Master P, can you?

UUHHHHHHH, na-na na-na

(Message edited by focusonthed on August 26, 2006)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6431
Posted From: 70.236.198.22
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I'm sorry, you can't take yourself seriously in an intellectual conversation when you begin it by quoting Master P, can you?

Ignore it at your peril...better to wade through the perceived insults and/or offenses and try to understand his premise.

<<< waiting sadly for cheap heroin to flood our shores from the Afghanistan poppy bumper crop ALLOWED to re-establish itself after OUR de-throning the 'evil' Taliban...who had all but eradicated the plant under their rule.

We did 'just enough' there on our quest for bin Laden to CAUSE the instability that will restart this gray market...who is the end beneficiary, the main profiteer?

Like ol' Rushbo says, follow the money. Who derives the largest benefit?!

Will we find out in twenty years of a CIA connection? There is ample proof that they've been using creative funding...so MORE of the dark-ops unethical stuff that congress has been trying to reign in with spending cuts since Carter was in charge could continue unabated.

H-M-M-M-m-m-n-n-n, when DID that big heroin craze hit the inner-cities? French Connection stuff...BEFORE our CIA and Military Special Ops reportedly won the battle against the French Clandestine services?

One of the side-effects of hard drugs, intended or not, is a stoned and pacified sub-populace of outlaws INCREASINGLY locked into a life of crime to sustain their habits...as long as the flow of drugs continues.

We're poised to see the remake of that 'movie', only this time it'll be called the Afghanistan Connection.

Super_d's equation here is valid, even IF he will not or cannot voice it in pretty whitebread terminology.

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 34
Posted From: 69.153.30.164
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one simple question for the last 2 posts.

Did they same people who "chose" to participate, have a gun held to their head when they made that decision. Its a simple question, yes or no? Thanks, Jane..

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 87
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has the garbage that did the shooting been caught yet? What about the person responsible for the 7 / 11 shooting or the Superbowl murder?

It may be an assumption but there are people in the area that know who and where the responsible shooters are. It sucks that some feel that hiding scum like this is justified.

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_d is at it again. Super_d, it's absolutely astounding and amazing how you can use racism to justify poor mannerisms and behavior in the Black sub-culture. What is it about your values and morals that cause you to rationalize despicable human behavior solely on the basis of race? Do you have even an ounce of dignity left? Not hating on you. Just trying to figure out why as a Black person, I am unable to see things as you do.

(Message edited by Shave on August 26, 2006)

Janesback

Post Number: 37
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Shave. I have seen Super D postings for a couple of months, yet I only have posted on this forum in the last month. I would say this to Super D.

"You will never be successful by being the victim."

Super D. "Instead of looking for excuses to fail, find reasons to suceed.'

I have seen you post in the past Super, and I have totally considered your rantings certifiable. Seek help, there is a cure for mental illness. Thanks for listening. Jane

Futurecity
Username: Futurecity

Post Number: 331
Posted From: 69.220.233.206
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_d is a racist dick.

Anubis
Username: Anubis

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 64.231.143.26
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This has got to be the most humorous thread I have read in a while.

First of all, there are many countries that have a higher murder rate than the United States. Regardless of what Michael Moore insinuates in his propoganda, Brazil, Taiwan and Northern Ireland (which, BTW, is part of the much-touted "UK" in this thread) all have higher murder rates than the United States. Not surprisingly, they were not included in the CDC study. It is far easier to make the fact suit your arguement when you ignore the ones that contradict it.

As far as gun violence being a product of "white Amerikkka", I wonder what the idiot who posted such nonsense calls it when blacks kill blacks. If you think it is mind control rays originating from the CIA, you might be happy to know there are medications you can take to stop them from having effect. I hear Thorazine works wonders...

I find the comments about the "French" or "Afgan connection" rather amusing. I hope the ignorant fool who wrote this understands that opiates are responible only 5% of the total illicit drug use in the United States. That 5% includes ALL opiates, including (but not limited to) heroin, opium, and morphine, as well as codeine, Vicodin and other commonly abused perscription painkilers. Little wonder why there is a "bumper crop" of heroin this year in Afganistan; drug companies buy it to produce almost all common painkillers used in medicine today. The majority of the heroin that is abused in the United States originates in Mexico, not Asia. Heroin abuse is far more common in Asia and Europe than here. To think the CIA "liberated" Afganistan to ensure a steady supply of opium/heroin to sell in the black ghettoes of America is not only incorrect, but demonstrates a blatant ignorance of the facts.

In regards to the other comments posted that "the origins of the problems do not reside in the community they manifest", I wholeheartedly disagree. If you make the effort to raise your children with core values that reflect respect, honesty and integrity, you will never have the problems that plague many inner-city communities. However, if you raise your children to live like animals, the end result will be the kind of senseless violence that started this thread in the first place.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 447
Posted From: 24.192.25.47
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's just further evidence of the United States' obsession with the blame game. Things aren't right, so it must be someone else's fault! It sure couldn't be my own fault that I killed someone. It must have been the CIA.

In all seriousness though, super_d's statement can be true. Often, circumstances exist on a macro level that influence behavior (over time) down to each person. However, I believe he is using this as a crutch to explain away the problems in today's culture by blaming it on white government control, or some other nonsense. As Anubis inferred, where are the parents? Where are the role models? Why are kids growing up thinking this is okay? Where is the community?

Janesback

Post Number: 38
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As Anubis inferred, where are the parents? Where are the role models? Why are kids growing up thinking this is okay? Where is the community?

Bill Cosby asked the same and was labeled an "uncle tom" for trying to find an answer. Go figure.

Super_d

Post Number: 983
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 3:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anabus and others stated...

quote:

Where are the parents? Where are the role models, Why are kids growing up thinking this is okay?

Well, by the above, I assume the source of consternation outside the arch downplays and underminds the centrality of the 'amerikkkana experience' as it relates the Black poor__in otherwords, ya'll really don't have a clue!

and ya'll wonder why I rebel against red'neck'n purist conceptions of uplifted southernism, among 'y-t'__go figure!

'amerikkka' must become equal in its examination of the conditions and the circumstances that lead to the devastation of the Black poor.

'amerikkka' owes 'us' some boot-straps!

super d(motordetroit)

Cambrian

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dunno, your rants are so specious, you pissed at Rednecks? Corporate white America? Which YT In general?

Tndetroiter
Username: Tndetroiter

Post Number: 182
Posted From: 141.217.226.162
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nobody owes you anything. The sooner you realize that the quicker you can get to pulling yourself up by those bootstraps.

Cambrian

Post Number: 51
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems like Super D sees "YT" as one face. I'm sure he would not like it if when ever a "YT" Turned on MTV and figured that the droopy drawered, bling bling wearin' angry hand gesturin' gansta rappers on that channel represented all blacks.

Wsugrad
Username: Wsugrad

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 68.42.76.94
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

why does every thread on here lose sight *somehow* *someway* to the original point or theme? a guy died in a stupid horrible act of violence in our city and I just think it's a little redundant (not to mention disrespesctful to the deceased?) to keep calling out the same idiots for the same shit.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.