Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Medical Center Development! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Korridorkid
Username: Korridorkid

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 204.57.103.2
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So has anyone been to the new deli/sandwich joint on Canfield and John R. lately? It looked like a nice place-wondering how it was doing. I don't recall the name...but looked independent nonetheless. Seems like alot of Res development is going on there as well, anyone hear any news on that progress? Seems like more is happening on that side of Woodward, north of Mack than in other parts of Midtown...I'd like to see the old Nurses Building(?)rehabbed-the gothic style longhouse across from the Cancer Wing on John R-maybe residential? Or a restaurant? Anyhow, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7788
Posted From: 198.208.159.19
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good sandwiches. Pretty busy around lunch time from the lunches I have been there. Nice people working. The dining area needs some sprucing up.

I like the fact that all sandwiches come with chips.

The owner used to own Rivertown Bagel and Deli. The bagels here are much better but I would suggest the sandwiches all the same. Never tried the soups.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2065
Posted From: 69.218.78.117
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in the last couple months that that building you mentioned is being rebabbed and will marketed as townhouses.

Troy
Username: Troy

Post Number: 186
Posted From: 67.37.213.65
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two developments in progress on that side of woodward. Newberry hall being done by jonna companies. They are finalizing their financing with the tax credits. They are going to be for sale condos. This is the longer 3 story stone building your talking about.

The location of the deli your talking about is the midtown deli. It is part of the mid med lofts project.

From a stand point of development these two projects consist of approx 48 lofts combined. This is small in comparison to the other side of woodward where you have the 55 w. canfield lofts, willys overland lofts, and 9 on 3rd. This is approx 115 lofts. Also breaking ground this fall is to be the lofts on the corner of willis and woodward next to mcdonalds. This should be another 24 lofts or so. So the west side of woodward still has more progress but also has more residential space. In all, the area is finally starting to heat up.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.