Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Let's Play A Game........If I were Mayor I would.......... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 186
Posted From: 12.45.2.184
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I were Mayor of Detroit I would...........

1. Reorganize the transit system and build a new one.
A. Sell city land, raise money and borrow to build a new transit system. A LIGHT RAIL ALTERNATIVE. "THE MEGA-BUS"

THE MEGA-BUS WILL BE BUILT IN DETROIT, FOR DETROIT, BY YOU GUESSED IT......DETROITERS!

B. Comission GM, Ford & Chysler to build the new MEGA-BUS that will run along the main streets.
These MEGA-BUSes will either run local or express to the suburbs.
They MEGA-BUS will run in the middle of the large streets and have designated stops every 1,500 feet.

C. New, smaller, standard sized buses will connect the outer lying neighborhoods to the MEGA-BUS routes.

D. The main hub for the new Detroit MEGA-BUS system will be located at the newly renovated Michgan Central Station on Michigan Ave.

THE MEGA-BUS WILL BE ENVIROMENTALLY FRIENDLY BECAUSE IT WAS DEVELOPED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NEW TECH TOWN CENTER'S HYDROGEN RESEARCH TEAM AND THE AUTO INDUSTRY.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4341
Posted From: 67.177.81.18
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, because what Detroit needs (and wants) right now is another bus system, right?

BTW, caps lock.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1155
Posted From: 68.60.45.70
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We need a monorail :-)

Username: 1953

Post Number: 967
Posted From: 65.54.154.115
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with Psip.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4299
Posted From: 71.236.229.212
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psip, you be da man. The Fenkell Middlebelt would be a great start. Then the Eastside could come over and oogle us.

jjaba, Westsider.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 6754
Posted From: 69.136.149.133
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

brockman
I, for one, welcome our mega-bus overlords.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 27
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, you wouldn't be more than a one term mayor.
It would take a miracle to pull it off.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 187
Posted From: 72.229.136.103
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a game......come on let's play. Kwame can't have all the fun.

Damon
Username: Damon

Post Number: 676
Posted From: 172.130.129.158
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RESIGN!

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 18
Posted From: 12.32.128.68
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pipe dream, but it's mine.

I would tear down all homes that were burnt out, abandoned, or condemned. I would also attempt to destroy or repossess any crack houses.

I would hold gun buyback programs every two weeks. Each time the price doubles for each gun. You obviously don't tell the gangstas that you will be holding periodic buybacks, but instead, keep saying, last chance to cash in on the buyback program. Eventually, you would get a lot of guns off the streets.

I would start ticketing wreckless drivers who apparently feel they are immune to traffic control. (I-94 on weekend nights, Jefferson, I-75 on the weekend nights)

I would start handing out loitering tickets for junkies and trouble makers who camp out in front of liqour stores. What on earth are they doing for the good to be standing out there?

I would look into development of a cost effective mass transit system. Traffic sucks in this city.

I would then sting out any corrupt council members and police administrators/officers and exile them to belle isle. Let the wolves have them.

Then once I had earned a little bit of acclaim, I would scam this city for everything I could. Afterall, you should only take what you put in, right?

Kwame don't play that.

Xphillipjrx
Username: Xphillipjrx

Post Number: 137
Posted From: 68.75.240.133
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would figure out what the teachers want for a raise and call it X. I would authorize an immediate raise of .75X and create performance bonuses so they could earn another .75X if they get their acts together.

Expand Detroit's convention space to get it on par with cities like Chicago's McCormick Place.

Find a way to bring more real grocery stores back to the city.

Rapid Transit like Detroit313 proposes.

Is John TV still on cable? If not then I would expose all the non-Detroiters who use the city to get high and get laid. And make sure Sheriff's Deputies have permission to enforce city ordinances ;)

Create a forum where even hare-brained ideas like mine can get heard my the masses.

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 95
Posted From: 69.221.80.238
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why expose only the non-Detroiters? Is it ok for Detroiters to be a John?

Outoftowner
Username: Outoftowner

Post Number: 146
Posted From: 69.223.214.2
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's so bad about being a john? Brings money into the city. Look what legalized prostitution has done for Winnemucca. Tourism.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.