Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Forman Mills? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dtown1
Username: Dtown1

Post Number: 98
Posted From: 68.249.9.204
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you all think about the new clothing chain around and finally IN the D?

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1134
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think its great that a company is investing and bringing not only much needed stores to the city, but jobs.

Dtown1

Post Number: 101
Posted From: 70.229.255.149
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tell you one thing, clothing stores like that in the D will never go away. Not only because of the convience and prices, but because of the style of the clothes.

Only issue is, the people running the stores are letting it turn into another Family Dollar or poorly run Shoppers World, which is JUNKY!

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 200
Posted From: 66.184.3.44
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great to see the Forman Mills open at the Bell Aire Center. I see another has opened in Highland Park near the Model T factory.

God knows these areas NEED more clothing stores.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 748
Posted From: 65.42.23.2
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The issue usually is keeping them from looking all junky. Once stores becoming unshoppable, people stop going.

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 21
Posted From: 70.236.203.57
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FOR-MAN MILLS!!! Don't you just love that commercial? {insert eye roll}

Dtown1

Post Number: 106
Posted From: 70.227.86.106
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually vizion, if they shop stopping there, then why are people still going to Family Dollar or Shoppers World because they dont want to shop there because of junky. Junkiness is why I beginning not to like these stores. However, its maily about the prices and convience, not so much the junk to the inner city folks anymore.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 168
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been to the Forman Mills stores, they don't impress me; and I'm a big fan of Family Dollar!

Why do I like family dollar?
1). They provide a value that liquor stores don't.

2). They locate in neighborhoods where folks walk.

3). Family Dollar carries a wide assortment of needed basic goods that everyone uses. No more driving miles and into the suburbs to find a dammed egg whisk or light bulb.

4). Fresh dairy rotated reguarly.

5). Family Dollar is not a dollar store (though iot sounds like one). It is more like a five and dime.

6). They allow me to save my gas for trips to the north as I can walk to mine or stop there on my way to somewhere else.

7), Family Dollars are laid out well and I've never been disgusted by one (unlike some liquor stores or small markets).

Dtown1

Post Number: 111
Posted From: 70.227.86.106
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've seen cleaner resale shops that Family Dollar. Al the Family Dollars I've been to are junky and its no jnky, there's barely not getting around the store. Also, there are plenty of liquor stores that are clean. all of the Markets and Liquor Stores by my house are clean of rats and roaches (with the exception of Mazen Foods). Also, the Super MArkets and Liqour Stores by my house are walikng distance. As a mater of fact 7 mile between Schoenherr and Hoover is like a downtown. It at one time had everything walking distance from each other. Now the Applaince store and TV shop and Chineses and Oriental Food place is closed.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 172
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like we disagree. However, Family Dollar knows what they are doing. The service low income areas very effectively. We need to be able to have our basic needs taken care of before we can ever try to attract a higher level retailer. Thats why I'm glad that Forman Mills and Family Dollar are both opening several stores.

This makes the city more livable.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 756
Posted From: 69.246.10.173
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in DC visiting my sister a couple weeks ago and I was half sleep and FORMAN MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS came over the TV. I was like damn they have them out here too!

On an unrelated side note, they also had Empire Carpet out there. Man those are some annoying commericials to hear 542 miles away from home!

forman

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 181
Posted From: 64.131.176.232
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shopper's World is still open? Wow.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.