Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » What a beautiful Detroit night « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 414
Posted From: 68.60.181.41
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 3:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A co-worker and I took a long walk on our lunch hour tonight, from the papers to the RenCen by way of the Riverwalk (from the Labor Legacy). It was so lovely, warm and breezy, the full moon lighting our way. The river looked calm and there were people all over Hart Plaza. Very very nice.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6525
Posted From: 70.236.198.22
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 3:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was relative magic over at the Well as well. Cool group of people outside watching new stripes being painted on the road...capped it off talking with a fellow who claimed to be the President of Marygrove College and a lady who promotes the city to timid suburbanites. Great conversation.

Walked there from Eastern Market at the tail end of the sunset...the expanse of open space over Gratiot and I-375 makes for a pretty good view.

Twenty minutes earlier and it must've been spectacular...when did the days start ending this soon again?!

Kept seeing a 2/3rds empty pint of Guinness...the rest is a blur...but the smile muscles are looking for some rest. So, it must have been fun.

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1251
Posted From: 198.111.56.128
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That big old Michigan moon was shining bright last night.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2956
Posted From: 69.81.50.7
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice stories! From now until the end of October is my favorite weather season in Detroit. Off to Belle Isle for handball and a [final?] swim.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great comments,,, good to see some people appreciate what we have here

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 601
Posted From: 68.42.162.164
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found two small, red maple leaves today. Let the symphony of color begin!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.