Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » What's worse today...Lions or Tigers loss? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 38
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The home teams really stunk today.
You almost expect the Lions to lose but the Tigers really are falling apart. They really need a day off and to regroup for the Rangers on Tuesday.
Lions have a good defensive effort but suck on offense... as usual.

Amy_p
Username: Amy_p

Post Number: 705
Posted From: 69.215.249.242
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lions kept the Seahawks tied until the last (unfortunate) second; nothing to sneeze at. Go Lions! This is a season to watch.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3728
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you want to judge who might have had a chance to win their game, then it goes to the Lions. But other than that, both games were painful to watch/ listen to.

Tndetroiter
Username: Tndetroiter

Post Number: 266
Posted From: 141.217.226.172
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After a game like that, the Tigers need to get back on the field as soon as possible.

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 813
Posted From: 70.8.116.199
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tigers worse. Lions typical.

later - naturalsister

Ordinary
Username: Ordinary

Post Number: 31
Posted From: 68.79.83.4
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm actually kind of depressed today from listening to both games, more so about the Tigers.

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 1290
Posted From: 35.11.212.197
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tigers loss, by far.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1102
Posted From: 64.142.86.133
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tigers are done. Even if they stumble into the playoffs, there's no hope.

Its over.

Lions at least looked pretty good. A bit more offense and they'll be right there. And my expectations are much lower.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3731
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 4:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Waitaminute now. Has everyone forgotten where the Tigers were the last DECADE?? The Tigers still have first place (how long I have no idea). When was the last time we even got mildly upset at the Tigers in the month of September? When was the last time we even cared about the Tigers this late into the season??

I'll be the first one to admit they've looked pretty shoddy as of late and looked like the Tigers of recent memory but I'm still pulling for them to pull out of this spiral. Crazier things have happened so I'm not about to snap my ankles jumping off the bandwagon just yet.

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 586
Posted From: 71.159.22.100
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tigers, definately. Lions went in at 12 point dogs so they showed their worth, even though they close to imploded on the last drive. They shouldn't have stuck around or made it that low scoring of a game according to near anybody.

Even though going against Santana, the Tigers haven't been showing their worth at all lately. Their skid reminds me of the Pistons last year, and caused a lot of tension in their locker room. The dismissal of DY seems to be history repeating itself.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 315
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 2:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will not waste another Sunday on our 'Gridiron Gladiaters' any more this year.

Why F@#k up an otherwise good weekend?

Detroiej72...Still waiting for our roar from our Lie-Downs!

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic is the only wat to describe the Tigers. One godamned gamefrom kansas fucking city a team that lost 100 games this year is all they needed and they could not do it..............get ready for a very short post season...................fucki ng pathetic

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gods whats happened, opportunity after opportunity to win today , (as the last three games) and the tigers keep blowing it,, dammmmm

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 719
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First off fuck the Lions. They have done nothing, ever to deserve another minute of any TV, radio, internet, magazine, or paper time/space.

I'm also pissed at/about the Tiger's shit this weekend, but they are still better off than the past few years and we are still going to the playoffs. And even if we don't make it far in the playoffs, we now can see what we have, what we need, and who to get rid of(sorry Rodney) to get back to this point next year and further...but hopefully we can get through the next week on top!

Border5150
Username: Border5150

Post Number: 170
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Adam.

The Lions are hardly worth my attention anymore. They have done NOTHING in 40 years and seem to keep spinning their proverbial tires. With the level of parity in the NFL, you'd think the Lions would at least stumble on to a good season. It shows you how truly inept this entire organization is.

Today's Tiger loss (all 5 this week for that matter), while disappointing, ended an amazing turnaround for them. I think by staying in fiorst as long as they did, however, almost set the fans expectations a bit too high. Had they made 90+ wins falling in and out of first place all season, I think the fans would not have felt so let down today.

Anyone else got tickets for Friday?

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 6:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

St. Louis should have awarded a game ball to the Lion's Dre Bly who looked like a complete rookie during the 4th quarter. He was quick to publicly criticize my pal, Joey H., when he should have been practicing his defensive skills.
Bly, you were pathetic.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1529
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The linebackers are more the problem than the DBs. The Linebackers are constantly out of position and too hesitant to the make the play they are suppose to in the Cover 2.

The DBs are left out to dry in the defense until the LB and DL can play to the level that is required and complete their jobs correctly.

Remember they are playing a zone and anyone with enough time can pick apart a zone defense.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2128
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tiger's loss is worse. Capped off a 5 game streak which represented 5 straight blown chances to win a division.

The Lions are irrelevant and going nowhere. Do yourself a favor and stop caring about them as long as the real team in this city is in the playoffs. College football is better than the nfl, anyway.

Mallory
Username: Mallory

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen, Mackinaw! I've said for years that, as long as the Fords own the team, it will go NOWHERE! Never have, never will.

And the Tigers? Don't get me started.

Go Blue!!!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.