Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Apartments on Greenfield btw Gr River and Fenkell « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 639
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A while back there was a thread about apts on Greenfield between Gr River and Fenkell. I drove by there on my way back to work today (YAY) and was pleasantly pleased to see all the progress. The apts all have brand new windows and have been gutted (down to the wall beams, they looked metal to me from the street). They have the sidewalk and the area all blocked off with fencing and huge roadblock style barriers. They are well on their way to being refurbed. TONS of progress has been made since I was there a month or so ago.

Although I wouldn't want to live on such a busy street as Greenfield, it looks like they are turning into some nice apts. They appear to be trying to provide more "yard" in the front (tearing down all greenery prior to gutting). Hopefully they will plant some new greens there. Too bad there isn't any backyard type area (it's all parking lot in the back) for the kids.

Thought some of you would like to know since it was left in limbo last time we ran this topic.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 97
Posted From: 141.209.84.152
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed the apts @ 8 and Sfld Detroit side, were half burned down, but are being re-constructed too. Good sign.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4330
Posted From: 71.236.229.212
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Westside rises from its own ashes.

jjaba, Proudly NW sider.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 183
Posted From: 64.131.176.232
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 4:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any idea what the target socioeconomic status is for the refurbed apts?

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 641
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure what group they hope to get in there, they are nothing fancy, just the basic apartment on a busy road. Not the best place for little kids (because of the road and no play areas).

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would B nice if they reopened the Red Devil Bar on Fenkell-I heard that it reloc8ed 2 the Eastside.

Ptero
Username: Ptero

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YUM, Red Devil Pizza. Oh that was great stuff.

Dodgemain
Username: Dodgemain

Post Number: 116
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Red Devil had a 10 year or so run at Moravian and Garfield in Clinton Township. It was great.

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, talk about sweet memories-literally! As much as I LOVE (with a passion-I might add) Pizza Papalis, the Red Devil would whoop 'em in a heartbeat. I drove in the community about two years ago, and I noticed the facade had changed, and I didn't like what I saw and I knew from its surroundings that the Devil had fallen-I did a search on the Yellow Pages and found out that there's a Red Devil in Holly. Whether or not it's the same one, I'm not sure. Sadly the 1 on Fenkell and Greenfield I only been to one time- a relative of mine introduced me to the joint Summer of '94-I'll never forget it.

Moravian and Garfield You say Dodgemain? I stayed @ Gratiot & Harrington (about 5-10 mintues away). I work on the westside but I still miss Clinton Twp.. I'm at a crossroads here (LOL).

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.