Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Red Wings Season Tickets - Do It? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After, I think, 3 years of waiting, I received a mailing yesterday saying that my spot has come up and that I'm eligible for wings season tickets! When I signed up, I was living in Detroit and knew there was years to wait to get them, so I got on the list. Now I'm living in CA and wondering what to do....

I will have to call to see what is available and how it works if I pass (do I have to start at the bottom again?). I'm actually (surprisingly) VERY tempted to actually buy them. One side of me says I can then go to any game I want when I'm back in Detroit (about 1x/month usually), plus I can then start from the bottom and hopefully work my way up to better seats through the years. On top of that, I badly badly want to see the game Jan 2, for which there are no tickets, and this would give me my 2 seats to that as well.

My thinking is that I can likely sell them for face for the games I don't go to, or perhaps even maybe sell them for say $5 under face to keep my losses to a minimum. Normally I would think this would be very do-able, however, the quality of play this year is a big question mark, and I'm nervous the Joe could actually have plenty of available seats to most games, which means people could easily find a ticket, at face, at the box office, making my ticket pretty much not worth pursuing.

I suppose it all depends on the overall cost. If we're talking not too bad, maybe I'll do it. If they want zillions, I'm sure I'll have to pass.

What would you advise? Anyone here be interested in "season tickets" through me? (of course I get to go to games when I'm in town :-) ) Just lookin for advice. I'm pretty torn.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2169
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well figure 46 games times 2 tickets times $22 for the cheapest seats. So that's $2024 for 2 of the cheapest seats. The next step up is the $44 seats. That will be $4048 for 2 of those.

If you've only been on the list for 3 years it looks like they've almost burned all the way through the waiting list. My friend got tickets last year. He had been on the list for at least 10 years. There has been a huge turnover in tickets the last 2 years.

The two tickets I split with some other friends were in the same place for 10 years. We were unable to move. Last year we got a significant upgrade and this year we were offered another upgrade.

Red Wings tickets are not the valued commodity they used to be.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a) Red Wings are not the commodity they used to be (personnel turnover, as well as their losing their former Yankees-like financial advantage, post-salary cap)

b) Business entertainment budgets in SE Mich are not what they used to be

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.