Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » City of Detroit Property Information Service « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 932
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

City charging $2 everytime you look up info now.

Awe shucks...I used to love to parouse the old map system that the city had in place for looking up property and tax information.

Then they replaced it with another system that I thought was ok. At least we still had access to everything. One of my favorite pastimes was to look and see how my neighborhood was doing as far as sales...and whenever I wanted to know more about a property...voila...there it was.

Well they are now charging a fee to look up this info. DAMN!

The site states: "The City of Detroit Property tax lookup system has started charging a convenience fee for data retrievals.

Detroit taxpayers will still be able to view their own parcel information for free."

I don't care about my own house...I want to be nosey!

Anyway...I signed up but it still doesn't work...keeps saying "error retrieving data" or something like that. Argh.

Enough of my rant...
Top of pageBottom of page

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 91
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/81252.html?1157570131

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.