Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Blue Cross Blue Shield Parking Structure « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4450
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd thought I'd never find myself asking this, but I haven't been to Bricktown in quite a long time and was wondering how the Blue Cross Blue Shield Parking Structure is coming along, that's if it's not complete, already? At 9 floors and 1,825-1,832 spots, this thing is a monster, for sure, but is supposed to include a green roof with a running track, as well as being constructed of recycled steel and concrete, and it's supposed to recycle "grey water," which is rain and irrigation water.

Bibs
Username: Bibs

Post Number: 568
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure if it is open but the construction seems to be complete. The parking structure sits adjacent to the service drive of I-75 and it dominates! Very visible from I-75.

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think they are supposed to try and get their temporary C of O this week.

LMich a lot of their ideas came from the rouge plant with the green roof and recycled materials.

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 2873
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

End of June:

Lmichigan

Post Number: 4453
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, all.

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 864
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The representatives at Blue Cross have been saying "The end of September" since the beginning....and have told us that they are on-schedule many times......If I get an update I will post.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 165
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I walked by about 10 minutes ago...looks to be pretty much complete on the inside. Just appears to be a little exterior work along the East entrance remaining.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 119
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool lofts. Looks like the architect went with the whole automobile theme.

Lmichigan

Post Number: 4456
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol

Eastsidedog
Username: Eastsidedog

Post Number: 731
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe someone will convert parking structures to housing one day... no one ever thought people would want to live in factories and warehouses!

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just like no one ever thought people would want to park in theaters!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6843
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or film a scene from a feature film there.

I sense a trivia question in there somewhere...'what was the first retired movie palace to be background for a scene in a feature film, years after it was renovated/butchered into a multi-tier parking structure?'

NPR just carried a story where they say the Brits were smarter than Haliburton by placing THEIR trailers for housing and offices within parking structures, to minimize incoming mortar, rocket, and grenade losses. Shame our experts at Haliburton couldn't figure that out, the green zone would've been a safer place to flirt then.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 38
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My father works at the BCBS tower. Apparently they had some problems with sinkholes recently. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-ikes.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.