Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Homeland Security Alert? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 3728
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm rather curious about something several of us observed tonight.

A Detroit Police squad car was stationed for several hours on Springwell Court, the street off West Jefferson to the river that leads to the truck ferry and some industrial plants. Any vehicle that turned on the street was greeted by flashing lights, stopped, and seemed to be questioned by the officers.

I also thought I saw a Border Patrol vehicle parked at the curve in the road leading to Zug Island.

Any of the officers or anyone else on this forum able to help out with answers to my curiousity?

I've seen a great deal of activity on West Jefferson in Delray the past few months by both Border Patrol and Department of Homeland Security stopping cars and trucks on a daily basis, but tonight's occurence was quite out of the norm.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6816
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two suburbans full of white dudes in suits parked next to Sala Thai a quarter to midnight.

Sala Thai is empty by 10:30, usually 9 on Mondays.

No black helicopters, though.

Did you see ANY increase in their presence during those drills last week, Jams?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1341
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

saw something similar around Metro about a month ago - I94 was swarming with police - state, county, local - like they were looking for something/someone. Later saw an unmarked black Lincoln that screamed Fed parked and observing on the south side of the airport (Eureka I think that is?).

maybe they can get these guys to hang out in places where they'll act as general deterrents, too, especially if it's on the Fed dime. (I was also wondering where the city got the money to call back the laid-off cops.)

Just wait if (crossing fingers for no jinx) the World Series ends up here.

edit: then again maybe it had something to do with this

(Message edited by lilpup on September 19, 2006)

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1118
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 3:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah, that was me.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.