Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Broderick Tower gets state tax credits « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2004
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Surprised this didn't get posted earlier. The Broderick has received tax credits of $7 million for renovation. According to the article this is but one step of many to go before renovation can start. Never the less it is a big step.

I'm surprised that John Gallagher, who is usually a very good journalist, didn't give details on what type of tax credits were given. That's very unlike him.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20060920/BUSINES S04/609200315

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting news, everytime I walk by that building I have wondered whats going on with it
Thanks,,,
Moving down that block on Woodward,, does anyone know what happened to Comos from Ferndale moving in the TAll Ez shoes building,, Crains reported that last year, Several of us called them in January and they said they were definetly going in but were having problems with the city..The fellow told me they would be in by opening day for the tigers,, well that hasnt happened,, anybody heard anything else???

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 189
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the broderick website says they plan to start mid 2007

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I miss my whales.

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 160
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't like the whales on the side of the building. It's nice that somebody paid attention to the building, but the building was great with out the mural on it.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 63
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beats the hell out of a Jeep ad. :-)
Plus, I really thought they were neat when viewed from inside CoPa.

Milwaukee

Post Number: 162
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with you about that. Do you know if they are going to keep advertising on the building after the renovation project, or will it just be a giant brick wall?

Milwaukee

Post Number: 163
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitbill, we had a big discusion about como's moving downtown. I think if you look it up in the archive their will be some information for you.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 54
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DAVIDS

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The MEDC release is here:
http://www.michigan.org/medc/n ews/major/combo.asp?ContentId= 3162F3A5-8E7D-443A-862B-641CD0 822FD3&QueueId=1&ContentTypeId =7

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.