Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » 'Transformers: The Movie' Transforms Detroit's Train Station... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Toog05
Username: Toog05

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit is getting in the spotlight once again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ seenon4/9905380/detail.html

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 767
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Transformers??? The cartoon from my childhood ... seems like they're 20 years too late for this. But I'm glad to see another movie shoot, I hope it doesn't look too corny. Man the MCS is really holding its own.

A_franklins_son
Username: A_franklins_son

Post Number: 49
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would love to meet Optimus Prime in person.

Perhaps there'll be enough movie scenes shot at the MCS to where the funds to restore it can be raised...

(Message edited by a_franklins_son on September 21, 2006)

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10651

Is there more to this than meets the eye? Could there be something in disguise? :-)

On a side note, the 2009 Chevy Camaro will also be making it's big screen debut with the launch of this movie next summer.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 1380
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Clever, SS. How many others will get that? Wow. I remember the Transformers' cartoon on Saturday morning when cartoons were really cartoons.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7930
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This just makes me fucking sick.

So the little troll Maroun will make money on this building for movies due to the state he leaves it in.

I hope the city finds out how much he makes and fine the worthless fuck at a minimum double.

I will not see any movie that gives Maroun profits for the horendous shape of that building.

Burnsie
Username: Burnsie

Post Number: 633
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen, Jt1.

Erichp77
Username: Erichp77

Post Number: 206
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will only be an extra if I get to stand next Bumblebee!! Or even better, Grimlock!!

Tetsua

Post Number: 768
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll only be an extra if I get a semi automatic rocket launcher like Optimus had. lol

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've seen the trailers for the movie at the theater. It looks like it will be a pretty cool movie. As a huge Transformer fan as a kid, I'll be sure to see this one.

The movie business can be a big image booster and buzz creator for a city. It did great things for Minnesota and Mpls/St. Paul when a ton of movies were filmed there in the 90s. Hopefully the same will happen here in Detroit.

As far as Moron getting all that money, it is a two-edged sword. The filming wouldn't be happening in Detroit if the MCS weren't vacant.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 800
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to hear the transforming sound in person..

chee-koo-koo-koo-kit

Maybe they can make MCS into a real like MetroPlex... man now that was a big ass transformer.. a city.

I'd like to see Soundwave, the Constuctobots, Autobots, Decepticons, and Dynobots...

Hell we might see a cameo by the GOBOTS lol...

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 801
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The sad thing is that as long as the MCS attracts business like this.. Mr. MORON won't see the need to fix it up. He is making money with its current state...

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fyi: "bumble bee" is a yellow saleen camaro (just like the concpept shown this past janunary.)

7even
Username: 7even

Post Number: 109
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found a picture of what Optimus Prime is going to look like.

http://www.pluh.com/images/picofdaystuff/Optimus%20Prime!.jpg

Here is a link to the some Camaro shots.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/31/new-chevy-camaro-to-star-transformers-movie/

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 590
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, I hope they don't screw up this movie. I'm glad to see Central being used, but seriously, when are we gonna get some work done on the place???

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 802
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats a nice looking Camaro

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10653
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

This just makes me fucking sick.

So the little troll Maroun will make money on this building for movies due to the state he leaves it in.

I hope the city finds out how much he makes and fine the worthless fuck at a minimum double.

I will not see any movie that gives Maroun profits for the horendous shape of that building.

Yeah, because he is the ONLY slumlord in this city. Seriously man, get over it! There are 1,000's of abandoned shit holes in this town. If Hollywood wants to bring their dollars here to film the abandonment, I say roll out the red carpet.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7935
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are 1000s of abandoned shitholes. There are not however 1000s of abandoned shitholes were the landlord has the ability to do something and chooses not to.

To compare MM and his actions to those of an impoverished family whose house is falling apart is pretty ridiculous.

I guess we should exucse his slumlording since there are others just like him. Great rationale. We should excuse the murderers and rapists because there are thousands of others that have raped and murdered.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2991
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man I hope they keep some of the elements true to the series with some modfications to reflect the times however. Too bad if they had Jazz in the movie it wouldn't have the voice of "Scatman" Carruthers (RIP).

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 56
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

<i>I found a picture of what Optimus Prime is going to look like.

http://www.pluh.com/images/pic ofdaystuff/Optimus%20Prime!.jpg >

I just threw up in my mouth.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 780
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Craigslist has a post looking for extras

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got a link, Chitaku?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 781
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/ tfr/210954631.html

Tetsua

Post Number: 770
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not a very good trailer in my opinion, but it's a trailer non the less.

http://www.transformersmovie.c om/

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 60
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought the Transformers were from Cybertron, not Mars.

7even
Username: 7even

Post Number: 110
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it is not a very good trailer because it is still about 10 months away. They just want to give you a small taste. I am sure in the future the trailers will be better. I have seen movies do this before: ex: "The Omen" "AVP"

Jenay
Username: Jenay

Post Number: 152
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 5:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for that link, Chitaku.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.