Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » ::: Upcoming Elections Mega Thread ::: » For the 2006 Michigan governor's race, I support... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Salvadordelmundo
Username: Salvadordelmundo

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greg Creswell, the Libertarian candidate.

I think he's by far the best of the available options. Granholm is a non-starter. She has done nothing to revive this state's economy, and seems to be constantly teetering between incompetence and ineptitude.

DeVos is an empty suit AT BEST, and though I like aspects of his economic program, I think he'd be way out of his depth. Furthermore, I don't much care for his social policies. Also - seeing as how this is a DETROIT forum - I doubt the city would be much of a priority of his. Not that Granholm has done much better on that account, but still.

Libertarian it is!

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 295
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good luck with that...lol

Salvadordelmundo
Username: Salvadordelmundo

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My goal is to shove him closer to the 5% threshold for future debates and things like that.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 57
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 44
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not that Granholm has done much better on that account, but still.

Very true. But I don't think she's worried about Detroit going Republican.
I'll still vote for her, but it's the lesser of two evils. Since when did all U.S. elections become this sad?

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is extremely sad. We are left voting for the Libertarian candidate with little chance of winning, but the other options are not great. Granholm can't be blamed for all the states woes, but it seems like she is only starting now that she is in the hotseat for reelection to really be trying to ehlp fix things. And Tricky Dick is saying nothing of his plans so he does not give away to people who don't know him what he is really like. Really makes you think this state is screwed no matter what. How about Roger Penske for governor?

Dtown1
Username: Dtown1

Post Number: 193
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard that if Devos is voted into office, that he wouldn't accept the tax returns from the citzens of Michigan. He also stated that he really "DOESNT NEED THE GOVERNMENT POSITON BECAUSE HES FILTHY STINKIN RICH", according to WWJ newsradio. Hoowever, about the tax returns, YEAH RIGHT.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4481
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He said that he wouldn't take a salary. I wouldn't either if I was running for governor if I was rich as him. It's a nice little election ploy, but when you think of how rich he is, it's really not that impressive of a thing to do.

Ordinary
Username: Ordinary

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't like either candidate.
Everytime I hear Granholm speak I feel as if she's talking to some children, overemphasing words, that drives me crazy.
When I saw DeVos in the tiger broadcast booth one night, I immediately thought he was a ...dic!

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 533
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

+1 for Creswell

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 756
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

þGranholm
ýDeVos

Hugo8100
Username: Hugo8100

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Creswell++

It's annoying when people quote 500 words, so I won't. Though, I will offer Robert LeFevre's thoughts on the two party system as they are as relevant today as they were in 1959.

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2312
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm of the strong opinion that after all of the mudslinging from the handlers of the two candidates getting an inordinate amount of attention in this election cycle, that most Michigan resident (and I'll venture a guess, most of the posters on this site) will be a bit tee'd off that they really had five candidates for governor, rather than two.

To say nothing about the five candidates for US Senator, four for AG, etc.

I wonder if they'll call their local media and ask them why the "oversight" on who really is on the ballot?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.