Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Ryder Cup « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 825
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Buried in today's papers between the NFL results and the MLB scores is weeping and wailing over the US team being defeated by the Europeans in the Ryder Cup match.

Does anyone in the US really give a rat's ass about this over-rated golf match? I enjoy watching tournament PGA golf, especially the majors, but this best-ball crap is for the duffers like me on Sunday morning.

Ray1936

Post Number: 827
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lack of response sure answers the question. :-)

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 533
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Ryder Cup is stacked against the Americans. To be honest, the American press usually pays attention to an international sporting event only when America is favoured to win. That being said, if the US had won there would have been considerable coverage in today's papers.

(Message edited by upinottawa on September 26, 2006)

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 504
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The last two have been just too uncompetitive to watch. This years time difference didn't help either. I have a hard time watching a sporting event on TV knowing that's it's already over with.

As far as the coverage, it didn't help that the Tigers clinched on Sunday and the Lions played.
Anyway a routs a rout, there's really not much to be written in the paper.

Ray1936

Post Number: 829
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still think it's a boring way to play a golf match.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.