Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Stadium demolition delayed « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitman
Username: Detroitman

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 2:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stadium demolition delayed

Plans to spruce up Corktown site, add condos and shops go slowly, Kilpatrick says.

David Josar / The Detroit News
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20060926/M ETRO/609260335

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 195
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tear that schiitttt down! 313

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 187
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll bring the wreaking ball !!!

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7951
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I'll bring the wreaking ball !!!

I hope that isn't half of wreaking balls.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 975
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also in ModelD today:

Fields of Dreams

http://www.modeldmedia.com/fea tures/fields63.aspx

Lombaowski
Username: Lombaowski

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why do I have the suspicion that when I'm passing through in 2008 I'll stop and pee at/on Tiger Stadium.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 6930
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because you're gross?

Mrfrench
Username: Mrfrench

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

or maybe because that's what some sports fan do....
they pee outside when they come to Detroit.

" I gotta go.... team"

Motownman
Username: Motownman

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What the hell are they waiting for. Just tear it down.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1991
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Motownman:
Do you have a few million dollars that you'd like to contribute to its demolition?

Histeric
Username: Histeric

Post Number: 723
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya know, it's only been a couple months since the city committed to the Corktown plan you nimwits. It takes time to do the necessary due diligence. Kwame said it best in todays paper when he referred to the project as a historic dismantling rather than a typical demolition. So get a life and do something with it. Your silly armchair quarterbacking is stale.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 65
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Historic dismantling? What does that mean?

I heard him on WJR with Paul W. whining that everybody is picking on me.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5019
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You all have to wait until the demo crew engineers gets the go ahead to tear the studium where Ty Cobb built down.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1351
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Historic dismantling" basically means that they will be preserving some parts for historical purposes, in this case the baseball field and a small part of the stands. As opposed to a typical demolition where everything is destroyed.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3030
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dugouts too, right?

The Corktowm plan is the most sensible short and long term plan. It will benefit the city with residents, character and history.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 977
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That and some parts will be carefully removed to be sold at auction, say seats or doors or signs. I still think they should offer tours of the stadium, say $5 a person, just before it's torn down. That could bring in a sizable amount of cash to help with the project.

Kenp

Post Number: 66
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always thought the bullpens were so cool.
I would have bought one of the old green seats, but not those awfull blue one's.
A sign would really be great to have. I wonder how much of that type of thing has been removed already?

Motownman

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whats the point of demolition if there going to "dismantle" parts of the stadium and sell them???

Kenp

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its not a "demolition" its a "historic dismantling".

Motownman

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok?

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 172
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why tear down Tiger stadium? How is that a higher priority to the city? Maybe Detroit should work on demolishing the thousands of other abandoned buildings that it has rather than Tiger Stadium. If someone is going to call tearing it down progress it sure as hell isn't. I've heard that they would replace it with big box stores. Here's how it would go. Historic Tiger stadium demolished, big box store and acres of asphalt layed down, 6 months later store closes. One plus, Detroit get's a great new surface lot for no one to park at. If you're going to call the stadium an eyesore then you should probably look at some of the other "eyesores" that are scattered around Detroit. How about we tear down MCS or Lee Plaza. Tiger Stadium is in far better condition than either of those buildings. I actuality I love the Lee Plaza and the MCS and I don't want to see them demolished, I was just trying to make a point about why demolish a great old stadium.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 182
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Milwaukee, come to Detroit before you start making claims like "...tearing it down progress it sure as hell isn't".

Whether it is big box retail, or a mixed use retail/residential, anything will be better than the giant blob of nothing that is there right now.

In regards to your remarks about MCS/Lee Plaza:

Tiger Stadium can be resotred for just one use: sports. MCS and Lee Plaza both provide a few different uses. Also, the cost of demolition for MCS is rediculously high. It's built so solid that it would require brick by brick demolition (Statler style) to bring it down.

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 128
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Milwaukee-
Have you been following this at all? It's not going to be big box. The field and some stands will be preserved, the main entrance will be something of a corktown welcome center, and mixed use retail and lofts will be built around it. As for why it should be demolished when the city has thousands of derelict houses, tearing it down will spur growth on the many empty lots used for parking. Finally, as far as not demolishing it because its a "great old stadium," what use can you think of for an 80 year old, 50,000 seat stadium with no team?

Milwaukee

Post Number: 173
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in corktown just a few moths ago, and there was no shortage of other land filled with run-down or abandoned houses. I still don't see why to tear it down. Make it into a baseball museum, I think developers could reuse it somehow. Is there any proof that after the stadium is demolished that it will spur growth in corktown. Maybe tearing down MCS will spur growth in corktown, would you do that if you had some city report?

Histeric
Username: Histeric

Post Number: 724
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate to quote a newbie but Milwaukee..."have you been following this at all?". Do your homework before you open your mouth. Otherwise, shut up and listen. God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. A lesson for the vast majority of this pathetic place in cyberspace.

Track75
Username: Track75

Post Number: 2382
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Histeric, shoot me an email or give me a call tomorrow (thursday) por favor.

Your voicemail was full. Muchas gracias.

Michael
Username: Michael

Post Number: 790
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Do your homework before you open your mouth.

or write your article. We need more of those friends who see things differently and can bring things back from the brink of destruction.

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 216
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 3:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although I think it would be cool to have tours prior demolition, E_h, I could only imagine the insurance costs...

Pdtpuck
Username: Pdtpuck

Post Number: 215
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 4:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I hate to quote a newbie but Milwaukee..."have you been following this at all?". Do your homework before you open your mouth. Otherwise, shut up and listen. God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. A lesson for the vast majority of this pathetic place in cyberspace.

Quickdrawmcgraw
Username: Quickdrawmcgraw

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have to remember at least the city is working with the Corktown residents to see what works in their neighborhood. They want retail/mix-use to blend in with the existing neighborhoods. They want the former parking lot owners of old Tiger Stadium to infill the lots. At least its a start. I hope a sensible plan for MCD can come about. It's sad that we didn't have a train station in downtown rather than off the beaten path.

Mani
Username: Mani

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are there any petitions to save Tiger Stadium?

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Are there any petitions to save Tiger Stadium?

No, but I'm sure you could go to some website and start one if it makes you feel good.

Mani
Username: Mani

Post Number: 126
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DRM,
Why are you quoting my question and then responding with...your lousy response? The quality of intellectual communication is seriously lacking on this thread. Thanks to DRM!

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2197
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because Mani, Your petition will have no effect. The decision has been made. The neighborhood is backing the proposal and the city thinks this is the best solution.

The only thing a petition will do is make the people who sign it temporarily happy. Then they will be severely dissapointed when the stadium is "Historically dismantled".

Xd_brklyn
Username: Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 188
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many people think Tiger Stadium can still be saved because there has been no feasibility study taken of the stadium. There is no record of the exact costs it would take to maintain the stadium, the amount of asbestos, if any, or the initial costs involved in getting the stadium back to usability.

The City of Detroit has made statements about its poor and unsafe condition, but like Coleman Young's "the ballpark is falling down" statement in the early 90s, no evidence has been provided to back up his claim or the city's current statements. The images of the ballpark made public in the past couple of months show no indication of major disrepair. The rust you see on the girders in Tiger Stadium can also be found to a lesser extant on the very much in use Fenway Park. Also add to the fact, the city did extremely poor overseeing the 400K a year in maintenance granted for the ballpark, and you have an environment that is ripe for skepticism and disbelief.

The dismantling or demolition of the Tiger Stadium will unquestionably be a sad event for many, but because of the bluster, irresponsibility, and grandstanding of the city actions, it will also be a very bitter event, which is unfortunate.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't get me wrong, few will be as sad as I when it comes down, but what would they do with it if they saved it?

Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 189
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do with Tiger Stadium? Can't say I have the answer, but judging from the ideas and articles that have bounced around in print about the stadium, I would say what to do with Tiger Stadium all depends on the numbers. If a complete study says it will cost $3 million to restore to usability and another $450K in yearly maintenance, then you turn the stadium to a third party, get them to meet those goals through fundraising and matching grants. For meeting the yearly maintenance budget, I like renting the stadium to little league travel teams with additional funds raised with tours, licensing, stadium advertising, volunteer "work to play", and renting out the stadium for various events. Example, if you could get 100 travel league games in there a season for about $4,500 a pop, or $250 a player per 18 kids, there's your ticket. However, if the study says it will be $8 million to restore and another $1.5 million in maintenance, well, that seems to me to beyond the scope of any plan I've heard without seriously compromising the neighborhood.

However, the important thing is the Effort. While not many would give the City of Detroit an "A" for Effort in any category, it appears from their work to revive the Book Cadillac they are capable of it. And there definitely appears to be no lack of effort in Detroit's independent organizations such the Historical Society, the DIA's Founders Society, Wayne Preservation, or the Downtown group, all who get major props for their work to keep the city viable and interesting. The frustration again from someone like myself who went so far as to pass out "Save Tiger Stadium" flyers--at Yankee Stadium nonetheless!--is the lack of effort by the city to give that "can do" spirit even a chance.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 653
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your comments bring up a point xd_brook; what is Steinbrenner/NYC planning to do with the 'House that Ruth built' once the Yanks get their new stadium? Save it for little-league games or pound it to rubble?

While I've been a huge fan of the hallowed grounds at Michigan & Trumbull, I have come to the realization that its fait accompli, just too late. This current plan is what the Corktown residents want, and one that saves the most important part(s) of the park. Hopefully, the dismantling & partial restoration will be done with care, and will enhance the field's use and neighborhood in the years to come.

Got to learn to let go on this one.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 99
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it appears from their work to revive the Book Cadillac they are capable of it.

Only after it sat vacant for 22 years. Tiger Stadium would have to stick around another 15 years at that pace.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3053
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with the sentiments about being sad to see Tiger Stadium go; I have as many fond memories as anyone. I also worked with with the Tiger Stadium fan club to try and save it and keep the Tigers there.

Well, we lost and life must go on. I'm even beyond my resentment toward the owners for not going with the very viable Cochrane plan that would have kept and revitalized it for all parties.

Corktown, thanks to the hard work of many, is on the rise and the replacement plan is, IMO, the best of possible worlds to continue that growth while paying respect to that shrine of baseball. They have labored on in spite of being hemmed in by the two dead colossi of the the stadium and the station.

Those who would like to save the stadium would better serve by striving to save the train station, a worthwhile work of architecture, in a manner that would benefit its surrounding rising neighborhoods, as opposed to the doomed stadium, a hodge podge of hasty additions. Take away its history and it is just another a boring eyesore.

Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 190
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Tiger Stadium Fan Club actually did some good work and, while not documented, I like to think that their efforts had some influence in the shifting ballpark design towards the "retro" shapes found at Camden Yards or the Field in Arlington Texas.

As for the new Yankee Stadium, I would definitely not consider that a rosy scenerio. From my understanding, not only are baseball fans losing the field where Ruth played (they lost their stadium years ago), but the South Bronx is also losing one of its favorite parks. Its situation is somewhat similiar to my Brooklyn neighborhood fighting the effort to bring the NJ Nets & high-density development to Brooklyn, in what some are calling the Second Battle of Brooklyn. In both cases, the politicians and developers have been exceedingly adept at avoiding the political checks and balances that assure public input. There's a lot more to said about these two issues, but there's no reason to hijack this thread to go on about politics here. So in short, I would not recommend in these instances for people to look to NY as an example of doing the right thing.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2883
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Xd_brklyn, have you ever been to the former Brooklyn Paramount Theatre building? Long Island University uses the palatial lobby for a cafeteria, and the fabulously opulent auditorium is used for basketball games.

Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 191
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gistok, sad to say, no, but that's a situation that I'll have to correct soon.

Last season the Long Island University basketball team played their last game in auditorium. They now have a new facility with more space and I'm sure other amenities they didn't have before. Though it is no longer the official court of LIU, they did mention something about keeping it a court for student recreation which would be cool.

My father-in-law is a native a Brooklynite and he's told me many a story about the once vibrant theater district in Brooklyn. Of course, he saw everyone at the Paramount, including numerous amateur shows that would extend from the early afternoon into the evening. At that time, you didn't have to go into Manhattan to see the big acts, Brooklyn had it all.

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

DRM,
Why are you quoting my question and then responding with...your lousy response? The quality of intellectual communication is seriously lacking on this thread. Thanks to DRM!

Make a stupid statement, expect a stupid response.

I'm all for saving the stadium if every stadium lover bought and/or built a house on one of the parking lots in the neighborhood. If you love Tiger Stadium, now's your chance to step up and be counted!

Erikd
Username: Erikd

Post Number: 741
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 5:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am a Tiger Stadium lover, and a strong supporter of historic preservation, but there is no feasible way to save Tiger Stadium.

No amount of softball games, little league games, or charity events could justify the cost of renovating and maintaining a 50,000 seat stadium. No minor league baseball team or major league soccer team can even come close to drawing the number of fans needed to keep Tiger Stadium open.

Tiger Stadium can not compete with enclosed facilities like Ford Field, JLA, or the Palace for concerts and other events. The infrequent summer concerts and events that could be done at Tiger Stadium are held at Comerica Park.
-----------------

There are only four possible uses for an outdoor, 50,000 seat stadium in the state of Michigan:

1) Home of UM football
2) Home of MSU football
3) Home of Detroit Lions
4) Home of Detroit Tigers

MSU and UM are not interested in playing their home in Detroit, and the Lions and Tigers both have brand new stadiums to play in.
------------------

Any attempt to compare a historic rehab/reuse project like the Book Cadillac to Tiger Stadium is way off base.

Historic rehab/reuse of old office buildings, hotels, warehouses, mansions, and factories can be seen in almost every city in America. Even the smaller cities, like Jackson and Grand Rapids, are restoring their old buildings for new purposes.

Large sports stadia are totally different than these other historic buildings.

No abandoned pro stadium in America has ever been repurposed for minor leagues or local sporting events. No pro stadium has been converted into lofts or some other type of reuse.
----------------

Most old stadia are replaced with parking lots after they are demolished, so we should all be supporting this plan for Tiger Stadium.

The current proposal, supported by the city and Corktown community groups, wants to save the baseball field and a small portion of Tiger Stadium, and add in some new housing and retail to fill out the neighborhood.
----------------

It would be cool to preserve all of Tiger Stadium, but there is no realistic way to do it.

The Tigers and Lions are not coming back to TS, so we must make the best of the situation.

Tiger Stadium can either be demolished for a giant stripmall/big box/parking lot/suburban-style development, or it can be developed as a mixed use project that preserves some of the history, and fits in with the neighborhood.

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1640
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Erikd speaks the truth.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1178
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Erikd - I never wanted the Tigers to move, but they have and Comerica PArk is a great placeto watch a game. Time to move on and help Corktown revitalize.

Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 192
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I completely understand the argument of "letting this one go". The stadium belongs to the City of Detroit and it's their decision to go with the Corktown plan, which both recognizes the historical importance of the stadium and works with the Corktown neighborhood. Politically, that's a better compromise to get from the city than getting a big box retail store or worse, a parking lot. Hopefully for Corktown and the Metro area, the final outcome will turn out well.

I may be totally wrong because I have no experience in this field*, but I just can't see the overwhelming costs involved in a keeping a place like Tiger Stadium afloat if it is still structurally sound. There's no heating in winter, there's no air-conditioning in summer, minimal lighting for day games, no windows requiring replacement, and it doesn't get 18-wheeler traffic pounding it like most iron and concrete structures. Also it was built in an era when contractors didn't go "cheap" and squeeze out every penny for their margins when came to mixing concrete or anything else. Simply said, 400K a year can buy a lot of paint and grass seed.

Again, my take was to get to first base you to have to do the numbers and there was no general feasibility plan initiated. Without some solid numbers, no matter what the circumstance, I'm just not buying anything from anyone period.

*Though I have no experience, Bill Haase, an 18-year executive in the Detroit Tiger's front office, in a March 21st article of this year did think the stadium could stand in a limited sense.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4548
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Xd brklyn,

Just wondering, as I'd love to see Tiger Stadium, too, but what would you do with it? Keeping it standing for its own sake doesn't seem like an option. Are you thinking a museum or something?

I'm just glad they are saving the field, and some of the facade.

Rossco
Username: Rossco

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tear it down...it doesn't serve any immediate purpose.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4549
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, that's definitely not a reason to tear it down. If we tore down every structure that went vacant that had no immediate purpose, there'd be nothing left. lol That's called rash decision making.

Milwaukee

Post Number: 231
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Tear it down...it doesn't serve any immediate purpose."

I'll call the demolition company over to MCS and Lee Plaza.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.