Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Historian Howard Zinn visits Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 576
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cranbrook Peace Foundation is proud to present Historian Howard Zinn, author of A People's History of the United States (the number one bestselling US history), Sunday, November 5, 2006 at Cobo Hall.

There are several options to enjoy the day. Visit
http://www.cranbrookpeace.org/ index.php?option=com_frontpage &Itemid=1

for more information, including student events and ways to contribute to the Maryann Mahaffey scholarship. If you are interested in buying an ad for the fund-raising ad book, you can contact me here or follow the links on the website.

This is the first time Zinn has been in Detroit in a very long time. Don't miss this event!
Top of pageBottom of page

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 203
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not going to be there, but thanks for telling. I've read a people's history I thought it was a good book, I think Karl would like it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.