Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Huebner Manufacturing « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Iowaboy
Username: Iowaboy

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A water tower with the name of Huebner Manufacturing appears in the background of some Hupp Motor Car photos in the Old Car Factory thread. Is there any chance Huebner Manufacturing was the forerunner of Anderson-Huebner Lumber at Allen Park, Michigan, and is there any way to trace that.

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1657
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only thing that I can recall is seeing another location for a Huebner planing mill on one of the old maps. I looked, but didn't find it, or remember what part of the city it was in. I'm kind of burnt out on research right now, so you're on your own.

Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1670
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The 1921 Sanborn map shows a Huebner Screen Door Co at 1961 Farnsworth near St. Aubin.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5888
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad that only lasted 5 days...

Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1672
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wasn't looking for it, it just appeared when I was tracking down a cigar factory for the Polish thread.

Sorry for causing you any high anxiety.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.