Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Detroit SWAT on A & E « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Magnasco
Username: Magnasco

Post Number: 162
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did I miss the original discussion about this? The Detroit episode airs on Thursday, October 5th and Friday, October 6th.

http://www.aetv.com/dallas_swa t/dswat_episode_guide.jsp?epis ode=189456

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yay, let's see if we recognize our neighbors

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1360
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump. It's on right now!

Dougw

Post Number: 1361
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ooh, they're getting out the armored personnel carrier! (which I remember was a controversial news item for Ella Bully-Cummings awhile back)

Jcdfde5
Username: Jcdfde5

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is 3,500 officers accurate?

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 824
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

have they used that $750k tank in the city yet?

Dougw

Post Number: 1362
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's the one they're using right now! (I believe.) They used an extension from it to bust down the guy's front door on the show. Hey, that's something.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 825
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah it did fold that door up lol...

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 248
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gyahaaaaaa!!! I missed it...

I wanted to watch it, I tried to plan for it, but I ended up missing it, and I knew I would too.

Chow
Username: Chow

Post Number: 310
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw the tank about a month ago driving north on Trumbull at I-94. I made sure to get the hell out of the way.

Dillpicklesoup
Username: Dillpicklesoup

Post Number: 194
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well- there's reality tv boys and girls-
that ought to be the most EXCITING show on the tube!
Too bad Kwamee auctioned off their choppers-
That would have been a nice touch-
maybe they will be able to afford another one if the show is a hit-

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1387
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dunno - seemed like some of the stuff they were doing didn't really require SWAT capabilities

and didn't seem as professional as one would expect either (breaking a team member's hand?)

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 826
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lilpup... he said he told him to move before lol...

but nah I guess it wasn't movie type SWAT stuff though..

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 503
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Caught the late replay...man, those dudes were HUGE! LOL.

I'm not stressing about the guy breaking his hand. Accidents happen on the job, someone gets hurt at a stamping plant, no one says anything about professionalism. When you're freely swinging a battering ram a few inches from someone's hand, it's bound to happen.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 839
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good show, I thought. The brief clips of street locations were so brief that it was hard to figure out where they were, but overall it was well done.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 827
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The clips were quick.. but I peeped where they were.

I noticed the last locations... when they were looking for the suspect with the ATMs, the first site was off southbound Southfield Freeway past the I-96 overpass between Schoolcraft and Plymouth east of the freeway.

the second trip headed north on Southfield service drive past the KFC and Shell gas station at Grand River and Fenkell crossing and went to 8 mile.

I knew it was 8mile because of the median in the street and some of the buildings... its looked as though it was near Evergreen and Curtis type area.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3029
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zulu knows those guys.

They are the best of the best of the best.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10733
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the record, I believe the city already had some sort of tank. A few years ago they were looking to replace it. Having not heard anything more, I'm not sure if they ever did get that replacement tank.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2213
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was the most boring television show I have seen in a long time. The constant repeating after they came back from the comercial breaks was incredibly painful. I don't think it will last very long.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 505
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shit, Kalamazoo DPS has a tank. That got so blown out of proportion.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 828
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it was the cost that was the issue with all the cutbacks ad such.. I think it was like $750k...

yeah the recaps after the commercials were QUITE annoying... like 30 secs of recaps which is long in TV time.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 795
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For a show about SWAT, it was actually kinda boring. I thought they'd be kicking more ass then they actually did.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.