Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » ::: Upcoming Elections Mega Thread ::: » Any word on DeVos' urban turnaround plan « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8000
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On his website he has plans for jobs, environmental, seniors and agrculture. His urban turnaround plan wa ssupposed to be released by now but may be delayed to final modifications.

Anyone in the DeVos camp know when this will come out?

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1190
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After the election.

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 106
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's Kwame's plan?

What's Granholm's solution?

Call me names but why don't more people with an investment in Detroit simply pick up shovel or broom and make things happen?

Jt1

Post Number: 8001
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Call me names but why don't more people with an investment in Detroit simply pick up shovel or broom and make things happen?

Many, many people are. You sound like the typical SE Michigan arrogant asshole that thinks everyone in Detroit is sitting on their hands waiting for someone to save them. That is not the case and that is not what a plan would cover. I am not asking for a plan that helps homeowners keep up their homes, or a plan that helps people in the community clean up after themselves.

The simple fact is that he stated he would have it in 3-4 weeks in early September and nothing has been produced.

Angry_dad

Post Number: 107
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh bullshit, it is not arrogance to look at Detroit and see a non functional government, a screwed up school system loaded with parents that refuse to involve themselves in the kid's education, to see services loaded with accepted incomptence.

BTW, Jenny has had 4 years, Kwame is now settled into his second term. The only significant thing to come out of Kwame is he wants to spend a boatload of cash on a new Cobo (or dare it be named Coleman) Hall. That is if he manages to keep the city out of bancruptcy which seems to be a relevant question.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 977
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Angry_dad...why the F do you give a crap? Likewise, why should we give a crap what you think? STAY IN MCCOMB/OAKLAND COUNTY! You don't plan on investing financially or emotionally in the city so GO AWAY.

Constructive criticism is fine...even fantastic. Save your thinly veiled attacks for other communities...we're too smart...maybe you should try Ypsilanti.

Angry_dad

Post Number: 109
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn let's see how far you can go alone.

I wish I had the choice of whether or not I have to "invest" in Detroit.

Can you say the same about how the city of Detroit "suppports" the state of Michigan?

Quinn

Post Number: 980
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We don't have to go it alone. There are plenty of WONDERFUL people in the suburbs who DO support us. My contention is that you're just one of those WHINEY A-holes who would simply LOVE to see the city go down in flames...and you and your other loser friends can share a cigar, wiskey and a laugh in your converted basment/biliards room.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2994
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn, again something that you should never speak of, basements. Afterall you should be fond of such places, remember how "you and Ilovedetroit randomly met in a church basement at a McPhail event". At least that was your original claim.

Quinn

Post Number: 983
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks JT1...simple and to the point!!!

Jt1

Post Number: 8008
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob - I think you are on the mark. I called the DeVos team (number from their website) and asked the person that answered when this would be published.

She indicated that they are putting the finishing touches on it and have yet to meet with their teams in Detroit to finish it. The woman I spoke with stated that 'they hope to have it out before the election' with a small chuckle.

Her laugh certainly wasn't inflammatory nor was she trying to be funny. I think it was just the fact that she asked her supervisors for an answer and she didn't get anything concrete from them. MOre nervous laughter because she couldn't give me a direct answer.

I will keep an eye on his website for it but time is moving pretty quickly towards the elections and they still have yet to meet with their Detroit teams.

Jt1

Post Number: 8028
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I was proven wrong. It came out before the election.

Here it is:

http://www.devosforgovernor.co m/Media/TurnAroundPlan/TheMich iganTurnaroundPlan-UrbanTurnAr ound.pdf

Madanthonywayne
Username: Madanthonywayne

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.