Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Bagley Fountain and Rivard Plaza. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 139
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was wondering if anyone had any recent info on these two sites. Is the installation of the fountain finished? How is the plaza coming along? If anybody has any recent pics of either that would be awesome.

(Message edited by Andyguard73 on October 11, 2006)

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 211
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was on the 31st floor of tower 200 at the Ren Cen yesterday with a great view of Rivard Plaza. From that view, the tent portion is assembled, and construction is continuing with the concessions building. I was told by someone who works indirectly with the riverfront concervancy that the plaza should be completed by the winter, and open in the spring. The carousel however will be a few months behind the spring date.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5891
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here some new Bagley Fountain Photos

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1345
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

awesome

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 140
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the update dstar, and AIW thanks for the link! The old photos posted on here before never really did justice to it.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great pics - cannot wait to see it in person!

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 283
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice photos, I'm excited for when the Cadillac Square portion will be done. Campus Martius will seem more complete at that time. Thanks for sharing those photos. Not to mention, the country building finally looks right again minus the scaffholding.

Quickdrawmcgraw
Username: Quickdrawmcgraw

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know if they are going to upgrade the sidewalks and street lighting on Cadillac Sq?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.