Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » DPS technology contracts another black-eye ? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Darwinism
Username: Darwinism

Post Number: 553
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is it that so many leadership figures in Detroit feel the need to help their friends first instead of the people or the children first ?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=2006610120418

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 2838
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's called cronyism. It exists in all levels of leadership, including the White House.

Mw2gs
Username: Mw2gs

Post Number: 229
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems compuware is being a sore loser, or, lil bitch as we say in the hood.

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 529
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No it seems that the lower bidder was the WORST bidder in this case.. That means some back door dealings.. And with the way these contracts were awarded and the state of these companies.. BAD deal for Detroit's school kids..

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 837
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

shady shit man... but like it was said this is NOT a Detroit only thing.

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 532
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very true.. Detroit seems to excell at these sort of deals though...

Not the first time either mind you.. But the rest of the forumers can provide more details on more shady deals in Detroit..

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 703
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think Coleman will win his re-election bid. The Board is pretty upset at him for lying. I really don't care who they get to do the technology, I'd just like to get some working tech. in my building. Right now, nothing works.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, actually Washington excels at these sorts of deals. Don't let your bias cloud your head against reality. Backroom deals are routine at every level of government.

Karmanos is upset because people cheated. That's not sour grapes.

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2040
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The board was upset with Karmanos because he cheated the DPS by winning a bid to have non-existant tech support. I've never worked at a place that had worse tech support that DPS.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DPS is one of the few economic engines that drives the economy of the city. Go to a school board meeting, you will be amazed at the number and amounts of some of the contracts that are being let, many are going to local businesses. Many would not survive if they didn't do work for DPS. For years people have tried to use influence to get contracts with DPS and of course some have crossed the line in doing so. Years ago there was the milk scandal where the winner of the contract didn't even have milk trucks to deliver the milk. Once he got the contract he when out and leased trucks. The procurement process is so bad you really wonder sometimes what is the true mission of DPS.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 81
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

DPS is one of the few economic engines that drives the economy of the city.

Per Crain's

Detroit's Largest Employers
Company Full-time employees (as of January 2005)

1. Detroit Public Schools: 14,913
2. City of Detroit: 13,554
3. Detroit Medical Center: 10,141
4. Chrysler Group: 9,835
5. Henry Ford Health System: 7,801

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1548
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I don't think Coleman will win his re-election bid. The Board is pretty upset at him for lying. I really don't care who they get to do the technology, I'd just like to get some working tech. in my building. Right now, nothing works.

And the big question is why, there is no excuse that of not it works.

quote:

Seems compuware is being a sore loser, or, lil bitch as we say in the hood.

Funny, I was thinking the opposite, holy shit they were right after all.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 942
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=2006610220670

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 740
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, today our Internet, phones, fax and anything else technological was down. It's been down since Friday. Wonder if Compuware is mad and just hit the OFF button...no one seems to know what is wrong. Just a thought.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.