Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Fire Lloyd Carr Please « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mw2gs
Username: Mw2gs

Post Number: 230
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This conservative crap is killing me. Why does he refuse to put the game out of reach?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1404
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The object is to win and Lloyd Carr does that very well.

This Mich alum unequivocally says STFU to all Carr haters (and NO to luxury suites, but that probably won't do much good).

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 328
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mw2gs,
That's Michigan Football, period. Who else do you want, a daring John L Smith or a overated Frank Beamer. Your pick.
I don' know why you are still complaining, we are 7-0. Sit down enjoy the Iowa game and look for big Blue to make us proud when we visit the asshole of America, ie columbus, on November 18th.
D

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 77
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 1:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lloyd didn't refuse to put the game out of reach; it was Henne who kept putting his passes out of reach.

Penn State was determined to stop the run, and between Henne overthrowing his receivers, and a couple of catchable balls let slip, there was not enough output from the passing game.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 129
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO, Fire Millen and John L. for making me root for Michigan. I dont know why you UofM people are always calling for Carrs head has there been any losing seasons at UM since he has taken the helm?

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3900
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 3:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If they fire Lloyd, who else are they going to bring in??

Outside of Jim Tressel at OSU (not a chance!), who else has had this successful of a program? One bad season and the masses want Lloyd gone?

Okay, maybe some of his play calling is conservative but he's addressed some of those issues with new coordinators. And until we can even think of a name to bring in and until Lloyd really stinks up the place, who else can you think of to bring in?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1409
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not the masses that want him gone just a vocal minority.

Umstucoach
Username: Umstucoach

Post Number: 102
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no pleasing some people

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 249
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ranked #3 in the country and complaining? There are 116 other schools that would die to be in that position...there is no reason to be calling for his head.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3910
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 3:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ranked #2 by the AP.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 120
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its not enough to be 7-0.
this is about the dumbest thread I have ever read.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3921
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not a fault of the thread but disgruntled Michigan alums that don't like Lloyd's conservative offense.

Umstucoach

Post Number: 103
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Notice how the original poster has said anything since...

Methinks we perpetuated this topic too long

Smogboy

Post Number: 3933
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan alums who call for the firing of their coach are often way too arrogant to admit they're savoring the fruits of the aforementioned coach's labors.

Umstucoach

Post Number: 104
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smogboy----I am disappointed in you. I thought this thread was dead (it never had life to begin with) then you had to post again. Dammit.

Oh well, Let's talk about somebody who deserves to get fired from now on, John L. or Millen.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3966
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Umstucoach, I had to bag on the snooty Michigan alums there for a bit who kvetch at everything and put the entire program under the microscope because it doesn't meet their supposed high standards.

Now John L. and Millen, I'd like to think we might get a 2-for-1 special at the woodchoppers.

Umstucoach

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have the same problem with them too (and I'm an M fan too!)

John L. is just counting the days until the Penn State game. Now it is possible that they can go to a bowl, but this team cannot play like they did against NW (I know they won, but you should NEVER be down 35 to NW AT ANY TIME)and IU. They won't make a bowl in my estimation and if that is the case, John L. needs to go, simple as that.

As for Millen, look at the record.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 295
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Even if they do go to a bowl JLS needs to go. Never should a season have this many ups and downs and controversial situations.

I've been a Spartan fan my whole life, and never have I been embarrassed to be a Spartan...but I can say that the thought has crossed my mind recently.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.