Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Commentary on the Tigers at Deadspin « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitwonk
Username: Detroitwonk

Post Number: 106
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for not being around here recently, but I thought I'd drop some Tigers love at our sports blog, Deadspin, and I thought y'all would like to see it:

http://deadspin.com/sports/det roit-tigers/tigers-reach-the-p romised-land-jeff-suppan-domin ates-everything-207687.php

Ray

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7019
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a city which, when the Tigers won in 1968, had 3.5 million residents...

Uh...

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 775
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He must not understand (like many people from outside the region and State) that Detroit doesnt include the suburbs, as many of the forumers are apt to point out repeatedly (for some reason).

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 357
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit's population, at its peak was 1.9 million in the 50's. As an outsider, I'll give him a pass on that.

I will however give him props for the love he has shown our Beloved Bengles, the former Beast's From The East.(as in east division)

As Detroiter's, let's all take turns driving the bus for the out of town folks(i.e. the national media) as our Tiger's bring home the championship!

GO GET EM TIGER'S!!! BLESS YOU BOYS!!! SOCK IT TO EM, TIGER'S!!!

The best part of this year is we came out of no-where. Since the Tigers weren't given a snowball's chance in h&!l, there was no cheesey slogan.

Kind of like Detroit, everybody has written us of as dead, at least as long as I have been alive.(34 years)

GO TIGERS!
Detroitej72... Lifelong Tigers Fan!

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 46
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a bunch of bull shit,

we need to correct his stats on population etc, they are all wrong,,
He hasnt even looked at the Downtown lately , its obvious....I m tired of these ex Detroiters who continue to trash us and havent even been back to see the difference Downtown,, ARGHHHHHHHHH

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 529
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoa, aside from the numbers in his population stats, what exactly about what was said is untrue? If that's bashing, then geez.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

referring to comments on the blogafter the population errors, (which dont help)
"and nice to see some life in the city for a change other than the few events that draw people from the burbs and other areas into the city (DEMF, the fact that the stadium they play in happens to be in a festering wound of a city except for hoedown, the auto show, etc). "
they make it sounds like hell... at least where I live is nothing like that at all, downtown is a stones throw and its busy most times,, a graveyard it isnt

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.