Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » ::: Upcoming Elections Mega Thread ::: » Last Debate Mon 10-16 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 554
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 7:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

8pm, Channel 7.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 988
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heaven only knows what Dick will do tonight after the debate...geesh! https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/84850.html

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grandholm trounced DeVos again!

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 763
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll refrain from exploiting the eye-shift mistake that DeVos made. Although if a looping "shifty eyes" gif were to crop up on the web, it wouldn't surprise me.

Seriously though, those who would have Michigan languish in failure should vote for DeVos.

Jenny will win. She's the one with the vision.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1407
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Jenny will win. She's the one with the vision."

...even though DeVos was the one with glasses on tonight - maybe he thought they'd make him sound smarter :-)

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 297
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My comments from the 2nd debate still apply:
It's interesting to me that someone of Devos' stature has no argumentation skills whatsoever. His manner comes across as stiff and unresponsive. He never answers the question asked, but tries to relate whatever is asked to an answer he has rehearsed. He cannot speak "off the cuff." He makes no connection with the viewer, often looking off-camera while giving his opinion. He creates a disconnect between him and the voter. Granholm, on the other hand, is a polished speaker and when answering a given question, actually manages to combine three or more points pertinent to the subject. Bottom line; Devos is TERRIBLE! He has been trounced during all three debates.

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 72
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sick of hearing the DeVos commercials too! I cannot stand it, he's on the radio and tv. Can't get away from him. I can't wait until election day and I won't have to hear his commercials anymore!

Jenny really got him with the mention of the money shuffling in his off shore account!

Quinn

Post Number: 990
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's amazing...I saw the Amway commercial last night twice...could anyone fall for this crap? Is this illegal? I mean, it's like laundering money...amway can spend whatever it wants to while boosting Dumb Dick's image. ARGH!

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No its not illegal due to the judges rulings. But keep in mind that the DeVos and VanAndel families and the Scamway Company are some of the largest GOP contributors in the nation. You can fill in the rest of the blanks.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I watched the debate until both candidates failed to offer the lady who asked why she should stay in Michigan any semblance of a reasonable response. Devos sounded like she was right in moving out and Granholm just said we all know the state is terrific. Wow. No wonder people are fleeing our slice of heaven.

These candidates BOTH lack character. Please, some effective write in candidate, STAND UP and be heard!

Quinn

Post Number: 991
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1953...it seems like the Governor has some really good things in the works... http://www.granholmforgov.com/ site/PageServer?pagename=iss_m ain

And get this...she's got detailed plans to get Michigan moving again...

What does Devos have? Spittering, sputtering short retorts like "We need full measures," and "We need jobs, she should loose her's."

I mean come on! At least if he made a sensible argument for his governorship, I can see you guys supporting him. He's got no plan, only slurs and insults.

Kerry lost to Bush because he didn't get across a real plan...his campaign was loosly based on "Vote for me because Bush sucks." We all saw where that went. And we can all see where Devos is going now.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1549
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I disagree, y'all are just hearing what you want to hear. Neither of them have a plan at all. Granholm just comes across better as a trained lawyer. She is trained to speak and make you believe what she is pushing.

Quinn

Post Number: 993
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess my point is...and it's a fact (no denying)...she's got points to her plan, specifics.

You're talking about subjective issues..."do you trust her," "is she a bitch," "is he a douchebag." If you don't like her, then fine.

Objectively, you have nothing to compare her to because he has no details or plan. Just these lame, childlike, elementry-school-playground-es que tidbits.

This election is a reflection of what's wrong with this country right now. We'd rather be led by a dummy because he talks down to people, in a way that makes them feel "happy," than a smart person with detailed plans and solutions to problems who might come off as smarter than the average person. What's wrong with having a strong, focused leader?

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its funny to see the base of both supporters in Metro, drive around my area downtown and there are Granholm bumper stickers everywhere,, On Sunday I was out in Bloomfield Hills and part of West Bloomfield, You would think DeVos was God, I even had a guy yell something nasty at me when he saw my Granholm bumper sticker at Telegraph and Maple at the stop light,, I guess he was another one of the "Christians"

(Message edited by DetroitBill on October 17, 2006)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.