Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » World Series Tickets? Any luck? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5899
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was shut out this am. As well as others I knew who were trying.

Was anyone sucessful?

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1244
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had five people trying on the phone and website, no luck!

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 260
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Dice...

Had three computers on the job and to no avail.

It must have been jammed like woah

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 934
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On Sunday, I sold my game two ticket for big $$...
At 9:59 I was riding that refresh button...1, best avail....got that shit back!

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5900
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had two computers here at work going, one for game 1, and one for game 2, plus me on the phone... :-(

I did see lots of this...

a

Everydayislikesunday
Username: Everydayislikesunday

Post Number: 259
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

after getting booted out several times, i finally was able to get 3 tickets to Game 7.

obviously im hoping they win, at home, in 7!

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 935
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20061016/U PDATE/610160416

Beatsworking
Username: Beatsworking

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was able to get 4 tickets to game 1. Waited only about six minutes. Guess my computer was extra motivated!

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10755
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A coworkers husband got a single, as did one of my two old roommates from college out in Chicago.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 165
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was able to get 2 tickets twice since I gave up the first pair to try for better. In retrospect I probably should've bought both. Hah. Oh well.

Although I would think there might not be many instances of this since it's the World Series and all but you should check Ticketmaster every now and then between now and game time. I was able to score tickets right behind the Tigs dugout only hours before game time for the ALDS clincher game. Similarly, a lot of great seats became available the day of the ALCS games.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3892
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got mine and clicking my heels to the game to watch our Tigers kick butt!

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 759
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One ticket to game 2!

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 326
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One ticket to game 2 also, via StubHub!

Smogboy

Post Number: 3901
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dare I even ask what Stubhub is charging for their tickets??

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 760
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.cheappremiumseats.com has tickets in the $300-$350 range. My seat was $210 from ticketmaster.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1411
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A co-worker purchased tickets from someone else that are the ticketnow/ticketfast/whatever computer printouts. He's never had these before and couldn't seem to understand that all you have to do is present the (very copiable) barcoded piece of paper. He was even running off copies and offering them to people as World Series souvenirs! {I was a little tempted to take one and sell it :-) } So what happens if multiple people show up with the same ticket and none of them are the original purchaser?

Smogboy

Post Number: 3903
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup- I ordered tickets like that as well. On the tickets that this guy is running off, whoever shows up FIRST with them will be allowed to enter. After that, the barcode is invalid and the paper ticket is void. Whoever the origianl owner of that barcoded ticket should be much MUCH more careful or at least the people that are buying them.

I know it's only a piece of paper, but I'm guarding my paper ticket like it was the actual ticket itself.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 3931
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Sheriff cracks down on ticket scalping

About 25 people face charges for trying to sell their tickets to the Tigers' World Series games."

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20061020/METRO /610200423

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2260
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup, your co-worker's obviously an idiot.
Someone's going to use one of those copies. They'll get to the park early to make sure they get in before him. He'll go to the gate. They'll scan the ticket. They'll see it's been used and deny him entrance. When he proves he was the one who bought the ticket, They'll ask how someone else got the bar code. He'll say he photocopied it. They'll then arrest him for counterfitting world series tickets.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10775
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams,

Not only is the Tigers site legal, they don't pay you the money you sell your tickets for! You get credit, so you have to put it towards futures purchases. This is such bullshit, and yet it doesn't shock me one bit. Wayne County has other shit they should be worried about other than a person trying to make a little profit off their Tigers Tickets. Just another bullshit money grab.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 841
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah what an idiot. I bought a paper ticket from someone for the Yankees clincher and I got there extra early just incase

Smogboy

Post Number: 3915
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm curious to see how the ticket prices will eventually drop as the games get closer. If you really want tickets and can stand to wait until the very last second, you just MIGHT be able to score one the day of or maybe even hours prior to the game. Whoever wants to sell them will obviously want to recoup something if they don't want to use the tickets themselves.

It's a tenuous waiting game though. I still expect to see the place just brimming to capacity and then some for the games.

What a glorious happy time for this city as we cheer the Tigers onto victory.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3918
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone catch who and how Jaime & Brady gave out their World Series tickets on their morning show?? The gimmick was to have you convince a famous person calling. I'm curious as to who eventually called in.

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 329
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smogboy, I got mine for $375 altogether. Now I look on StubHub and seats in the same section are going for $500.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 3943
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Not only is the Tigers site legal, they don't pay you the money you sell your tickets for! You get credit, so you have to put it towards futures purchases.

What can I say? Mr. and Mrs. I are business people. They get 10% off the top, collect thousands(?) of dollars to keep for future purchases of their products in the future while collecting interest on that same money in the meantime.

Just playing the game well.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.