Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Is there a Detroit song for the Tigers? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Al_t_publican
Username: Al_t_publican

Post Number: 107
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When was the last Detroit song, "Hello, Detroit" by Sammy Davis Jr.?

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 432
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jeff Daniels has one.

From the Detroit News
http://info.detnews.com/video/ index.cfm?id=97

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 227
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I Remember the "I love the Detroit Tigers" song from probably 10-12 years ago. It was on all their promotional spots on radio and tv.

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember back in July August the Natives Of The New Dawn recorded the song "Who's Your Tiger." But they have since traveled out to Los Angeles for a while, and have removed that song from their Myspace page.

Kilgore_south
Username: Kilgore_south

Post Number: 195
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's wrong with 'Go Get 'Em Tigers'? It was the song of the championship '68 season. I wish they'd still play it at CoPa after games. I used to never sing it though because of the line "World-series bound and picking up steam." Didn't want to jinx us, ya know. :-)

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 819
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They played it after the Yankees and A's series clinchers. I love that song. You can get the ring tone on the tigers website. Unfortanatly my phone is like Zach Morris' phone

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got the who's your tiger mp3 saved on my computer. don't really know what the rules are for spreading the love....

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 149
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 3:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The "Whos your Tiger" song suck; we need something more traditional, as this is a historic franchise; not some expansion team from the mid 90's. Something like the "Go Go White Sox" song......but I guess the 68 song will do.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3040
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Eye of the Tiger is the a favorite for Gen Xers...

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10758
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eye of the Tiger....don't get any better than that.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1148
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eye of the tiger blows. my opinion a terrible song.

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 776
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/s tory.asp?S=5537631&nav=0Rce

Tiorted
Username: Tiorted

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.ezarchive.com/gvsb9 9/AlbumSpace/D98G3WN8B/tigersb ack.mp3

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 828
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I hear stuff like that it is just embarrasing.

"We're all about our baseball team, go get 'em Detroit Tigers, go get em Tigers! Now that's a classic. I have the song but the file is to big to put on here

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 235
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in the words of Rod Allen:

"That's just nasssty"

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 325
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://audio.cdbaby.com/g/gadf ly901-01.mp3?urlid=28ecc8aed9e 64795cb56

Nedab3
Username: Nedab3

Post Number: 104
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speedway 79 will take you where the Tigers are. So when that ball meets bat get power in your swing.........etc. Now back to Harry Heilman with the rest of the game.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3041
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 5:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eye of the Tiger Lyrics

Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

Chorus:
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive

chorus

Risin' up, straight to the top
Have the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive

Nickstone
Username: Nickstone

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a new song, "Who's Your Tiger ('cause it's Detroit Tiger Time!)" that was written by Detroit jingle guru Brian Alexander and gospel keyboard whiz Bamm Davis. I am a saxophonist and was involved in the debut for Fox 2 last friday. They will be using the video throughout the world series in news broadcasts... I think it's pretty good but nothing compares to the '68 song!

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3149
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like best the now celebrity homeless guy's simple refrain:

Eat 'em Tigers, eat 'em up.
Eat 'em Tigers, eat 'em up.

Once you hear it, it is difficult to get it out of your head.

Second vote goes for Jeff Daniels' piece.

Also last night's hip hop lead-in video / song by Eminem was also terrific.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.