Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » ::: Upcoming Elections Mega Thread ::: » Given Devos' Resources « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mw2gs
Username: Mw2gs

Post Number: 231
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What has he done for the Michigan economy? Why do we need to vote him into office for him to get something done? Jobs arent create from the governor's office, they are created in the private sector using private sector resources. He keeps saying "Im a business guy", but what has the business guy done over the past 4 years. Just once I would like to hear him fill in the blanks "Over the past_____ years I have done____, ____,and _____ which has resulted in ______, _____, and, _______ for the Michigan economy.

Mw2gs
Username: Mw2gs

Post Number: 234
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crickets

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 999
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know...I detect a lax attitude towards this election. The Republican's seem resigned to defeat, and the Democrats to victory. Everyone thinks they already know what's going to happen.

Prediction, some lame-as$ poll from Ed Sarpolous or whoever will come out a week before saying Devos has closed the gap and might win.

Even my poor little stories about Devos' after-parties are gettin' no love. :-(

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The GOP has a couple choices. They can let DeVos open up his mouth and let people know what he really thinks (not recommended, think intelligent design debacle), he can lie about what he will do (which will not make people happy about voting for him), or he can be vague like he is right now (because the GOP does not want him to put his foot in his mouth again because the public will not like the real DeVos).

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So why is he going down in Flames? To me, he really is like Bush in that 1. He can't speak well, 2. He can't put together a single complete thought, 3. He has no plans and is hoping to win against an incumbant Democrat (many read the VP running for President as the Incumbant) and 4. He is a rich kid trying to please papa.

Bush seemed to work in 2000 and 2004 for the nation...is it that Michigan is smarter...or the Nation as a whole is waking up from a bad dream?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.