Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Anyone selling Tigers tickets for Game 1 or 2? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Norm
Username: Norm

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got shut out of the ticket lottery and the general public sale on Monday morning. Is anyone here at DetroitYes willing to sell their tickets for Game 1 or 2 at face value? I'd love to get Standing Room Only or Skyline tickets. If you can help me out, please e-mail me at hpjohnson@verizon.net. Thanks.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2254
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can buy them from the box office. All you have to do is buy $880 worth of Wings tickets to go with them. :-)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20061018/NEW S99/61018023

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 584
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smart move -- a few years ago Mike I. should have used the Wings to move Tigers tickets!

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3902
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norm... at face value??

Now if you had some extra tickets to any of these games, would YOU sell them at face value??

I appreciate the sincerity of your request but at this point, it's almost like asking to get a mint Corvette for $20.

Norm

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smogboy,

Yes, I would sell them for face value if I had tickets and couldn't use them. Heck, I've given tickets away for free outside Comerica when we couldn't use them before.

I just thought I'd see if anyone was willing to sell them for face value. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 587
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like Norm said, no harm in asking.

To confirm Norm's story, I have had someone give me tickets outside Comerica before. I think the Tigers lost 119 games that season.

Norm, I bet that you have never given away World Series tickets before....

Norm

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Upinottawa,

I have never given WS tickets away because I've never had any - but I would sell them for face value if I couldn't use them.

I also gave tickets away to two games this season when someone in out party couldn't make it. I've had people do it for me before, so I figure why not do so for others.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3907
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with no harm in asking.

But I also think that with as much as this town has suffered for nearly a generation of watching horrid baseball, the tickets to any of these games will be cherished like the golden tickets to see Willy Wonka's factory.

I wish you well in the attempt to get tickets. There is something to be said for sincerity.

Good luck.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.