Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Homeless to cheer the Tigers « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 3918
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The Detroit Health Department is banding with several nonprofit agencies for a summit today on what to do for the homeless during high-profile events.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20061018/METRO 01/610180368

Illmatic774
Username: Illmatic774

Post Number: 81
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

!EAT EM UP TIGERS EAT EM UP!

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 101
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Put the homeless in the visitors' dugout.

Blaw82
Username: Blaw82

Post Number: 110
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I say dress them up like Paws, the Tigers mascot, and let them walk around the streets. I think that would be a big moral booster. No one likes seeing bums walking around the city......But I wouldn't mind seeing hundreds of "Paws".

Cletus
Username: Cletus

Post Number: 1319
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

drunksanta

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 884
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I say let's try a cheaper option. Give them all a large burlap bag and a cinder block. Invite them to view the game on the banks of the beautiful Detroit River.......problem solved.

Blaw82

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This guy does have a point. We have to do something cause Detroit has the most and most arrogant bums I have ever seen. They will walk up to you no matter what and ask for money. Heaven forbid you offer them a meal or the coat off your own back.....Not good enough. Cause they want the money for booze or drugs. When we closed Bobolo we should have turned it into the new Ellis Island for bums.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10768
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eatem_up

Tielerh11
Username: Tielerh11

Post Number: 59
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blaw, maybe your confused as to the function of Ellis Island, unless you were suggesting that we open a port for more homeless people to come into the city?

Blaw82

Post Number: 112
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point.......Insert foot in mouth.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 164
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe help them find a job would be nice, or a home.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 537
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as they're not stabbing people, they're alright by me.

Blaw82

Post Number: 113
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rjlj,
How are we going to find homeless people jobs if middle class people here are getting laid off and can't find jobs? Detroit has one of the worst economies in the nation and the bums are sort of the byproduct of that. They don't really bother me though.....They're just another spice in the melting pot of Detroit.

Xd_brklyn
Username: Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 199
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the story with the "Eat em up Tigers" t-shirt posted above? Is the old guy in the center of that t-shirt homeless?

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4416
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You won't be middle class very long without a job. Watch and read Lou Dobbs. He's sick of the vanishing middle class.

As for the Detroit bums, give them a $10 button and place them on vacant lots. That's the solution during the World Series, not this soup kitchen bullschitt. They've done a great job of parking suburban SUVs on vacant lots up a mile from the ballpark. Why stop now?

jjaba, knows Detroit streets.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1913
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What is the story with the "Eat em up Tigers" t-shirt posted above? Is the old guy in the center of that t-shirt homeless?

No. He was mauled by a tiger at the zoo.

Pretty tasteless (not the guy the t-shirt)

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4419
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit Tigers are named for a former guard dog at a Mack Avenue crack house.

jjaba, Pure Detroit.

Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 200
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ugh. Sorry to hear that Dabrich, but thanks for the info.

He looks like he could one of those folks who would hang out by old Tiger Stadium, cheer for the Tigers with some crazy saying to get your attention, and then ask you for money.

Thought it would be the coolest thing if one of those guys got their face on a t-shirt with one of their slogans. Disappointed that wasn't the case.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1914
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eat 'em up

Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 201
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1249
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

No. He was mauled by a tiger at the zoo.
Pretty tasteless (not the guy the t-shirt)

Forum Gold!

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 237
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have seen that shirt...and I've seen him wearing that shirt!

He's a fun guy to talk to. I wish him and other homeless nothing but the best.

Iseries840
Username: Iseries840

Post Number: 261
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did Gambling_man really suggest that we should drown homeless people in the Detroit River?

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 135
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Put the homeless in the visitors' dugout.

That's where the hitless people are going to be.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 830
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard from someone at WDET whom went to get some sound recordings of the eat em up Tigers bum for NPR, the police were moving him across the man across the street. When he went up with his recorder the cop asked what he was doing. When he told the cop the cop became disgusted telling him that when everyone goes in the stadium he goes and looks in peoples cars.

Gambling_man

Post Number: 886
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Iseries, was it that obvious?

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3036
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shades of the Super Bowl...

SMDH.

I got an idea

*sarcasm*

Why dont we just host a World Series party for them a mile away from Comerica Park? And we can do this for each game the Tigers play in Detroit!. Therefore is we dont see homeless then we dont have a homeless problem!

Pistonian_revolution
Username: Pistonian_revolution

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

[How are we going to find homeless people jobs if middle class people here are getting laid off and can't find jobs? Detroit has one of the worst economies in the nation and the bums are sort of the byproduct of that.]

thats not true. we have all of these bums because the mental health clinics, like the lafayette clinic, closed way back when. these are mentally ill people or drug addicts who could not possibly be gainfully employed. they are instead a burden on the system whether they are on the street or in a clinic. they should be in a clinic somewhere not asking for money in front of the majestic.

Supersport

Post Number: 10770
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wake up call.

1. Not all homeless have mental problems

2. Not all homeless are drug addicts

3. Not all homeless are alcoholics

4. Not all "homeless" are actually homeless

5. Many homeless are very capable of working, if the work was available.

Shaking my heading, refusing to accept the "Lock them up like animals" solution. Let them have their party and have a good time.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 539
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Only if I can shit on the streets as well!

Mrjoshua
Username: Mrjoshua

Post Number: 929
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They really need to give that guy with the poop in the pickle jar something else to sell during the World Series as my friends who are visiting will not be amused.

K00jd01
Username: K00jd01

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

supersport - PLEASE tell me where I can get that t-shirt.

Blaw82

Post Number: 114
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a guy with poop in a pickle jar?

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The eat'em Tiger guy's name is Jimmy, there are a couple of younger guys that hang out with him after the games and sell the T-shirts for $15 each. I was able to egt one in 5th avenue after one of the playoff games, and I saw them on the street right outside fifth ave for another game last week. This guy was also across the street from the Post BAr for the Redwings opener, cheering "let's Go Redwings"

Fortress_warren
Username: Fortress_warren

Post Number: 57
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yum,Yum, eat em up. That was a Little Rascals short from the 30's. Black guy in a grass skirt. Scared the shit out of Fortess_Warren. Never recovered.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2948
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fortress_warren, that was the "Wild Man Of Borneo" episode, who went beserk whenever he saw someone with candy.... (a classic!)

... and the homeless man with the pickle jar... wasn't that an "In Living Color" skit with a homeless guy (Damon Wayans?) with his toilet in a pickle jar?

Gaia
Username: Gaia

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I say dress them up like Paws, the Tigers mascot, and let them walk around the streets. I think that would be a big moral booster. No one likes seeing bums walking around the city......But I wouldn't mind seeing hundreds of "Paws"."

yes!!! yes!!! LOL hehehe. Ok, you know that's funny.

In reality. You can't do anything, they have every right to be there as much as you and I. This is an exciting time for everyone. After the fact, I wish there was money in the right places to get some people to places where they can get the help they need or enough incentive to get others up off their bum to get a job (even one they don't particularly like).

Blaw82

Post Number: 115
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank god someone found that humorous......But in all seriousness, let them stay. I wasn't a huge fan of what they did during the Superbowl with them either......It was a nice gesture giving them places to stay and such but it was just so we got a good grade by the national public. When the media left, the bums we're left back on the streets. Our city has always had a bad reputation and what makes us strong (and proud to be Detroiters) is that we shrug it off. This isn't a big deal, let the media say what they will, and leave the homeless where they are!

Gambling_man

Post Number: 887
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Must have been a slow news year for NPR to run a segment on the "eat em up Tigers" bum.....I say lock them up in a jail cell for the week...."I wasn't a huge fan of what they did during superbowl" Blah blah blah, what a bunch of f**kin Pansies on this site! The panhandlers in Detroit are the same as anywhere else, a nuisance and a hinderence to Downtown's resurgence.

Detroitstar

Post Number: 242
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If we had not let this city go to hell in the first place (we being the people that voted crappy people into city office) than there would not be this many homeless on the streets.

Miss_cleo
Username: Miss_cleo

Post Number: 331
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How come Detroit only cares about its homeless when they are in the national spot light i.e. the super bowl, world series?

Blaw82

Post Number: 116
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I say lock them up in a jail cell for a week".....For the World Series that would solve the problem. You're right Gamblin Man, it would. But in the long run, there's nothing we can do. Sorry I'm a f#$kin pansy, like you put it. What is your long term plan though? How about we euthanize them.....there you go....that would get rid of them. Better yet Gamblin Man, how about work camps or concentration camps? I'm not trying to be a pansy, I'm just stating the facts. There's nothing we can do (without doing what i just stated) so I figure leave them alone.

Detroitstar

Post Number: 243
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would not say that is the only time Detroit cares about the homeless...but I would say that is the times when everyone is willing to treat them like cattle and round 'em up.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does that count feeding them your leftovers, too?

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 404
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is not the "fault" of the homeless that the WS is coming to our fear I mean fair city. Leave them alone. They were on the streets before the Tigers' phoenix-like resurgence, and they will still be there after all of the visitors have gone home. Some of "them" may be potentially dangerous assholes, but some of "us" are potentially dangerous assholes. Every big city in America has homeless people wandering around. Attempting to round up all of them and hide them somewhere while "company is over" is phony and disgusting. Let them have the street-- it's the only fucking thing they have. If the visitors don't have the stomach for it, they can stay at home, goddamnit.

Blaw82

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Ravine!! My thoughts exactly.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 565
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

.....I say lock them up in a jail cell for the week..

Not enough cells.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5091
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What should we do with the Homeless in Detroit? GIVE THEM HOMES, GIVE THEM JOBS, GIVE THEM CLOTHES, GIVE THEM FOOD, GIVE THEM A BATH... If they are willing to have those things.

Detroitstar

Post Number: 247
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well said Ravine.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 406
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems like we should be able to have enough Police Presence in the downtown area, for this event, to help prevent misbehavior. Maybe I'm wrong. Also, I'm amused by the fact that we planned for the Super Bowl, for all those months, but thanks to our Tigers, here comes a World Series, completely out of the blue, and now hizzonor and pals are compelled to regroup quickly... "Oh, SHIT, the whole world is coming, AGAIN, and we just finished taking down all the crepe paper!" Harhar... Gotta love it. Actually, I'm sure that the local officials love it, too, even while they are caught quite off-guard.

Pkatmsu
Username: Pkatmsu

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was out for a walk with my dog downtown after one of the day games against the Yankees in the first round and saw 5 different homeless guys with their "members" out peeing in Grand Circus Park and looking around like it was no big deal. Two were on the West side of Woodward in the park and three were on the East side. One was right on the sidewalk on Woodward! I was dumbfounded. Didn't know what to do or say... and then next thing you know my dog starts peeing right with them.

Supersport

Post Number: 10776
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

How come Detroit only cares about its homeless when they are in the national spot light i.e. the super bowl, world series?

As a Detroiter, I resent that. Detroit has more shelters, soup kitchens, and agencies to help the homeless than any other city in this state. Tell me, are other cities, suburbs, and counties around Michigan offering up a place for the homeless to hang out to watch the game?

There is a reason there are more homeless in Detroit than elsewhere. It is the only place helping them 365 days a year to the extent they do.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8024
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

How come the rest of the State seems to think that taking care of the homless should be only Detroit's problem? Why isn't this a regional issue?

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 342
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe cause thats where they live and where you are complaining about them? No one here was complaining about the States homeless, but rather the Detroit homeless. Focus people.

Jt1

Post Number: 8025
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

S if we bus them all to your neck of the woods will they be your problem and your problem only?

Nice attitude. Run away from the problems in the region and point fingers at others blaming them for not addressing their problems.

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 343
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whos pointing fingers? Some of you here need therapy and anger management classes! lol

I was answering a question, where did anyone say that the homeless were only a Detroit problem? I was pointing out that THIS thread is about DETROIT homeless people, sheesh!

Jt1

Post Number: 8026
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're still missing the poitn Cleo. The point is that people think that homeless are the problme of the city they happen to live in when it should be a state problem.

All we are doing is pushing the cost of homeless on the already poorest areas of each County (Detroit, Pontiac, Mt. Clemens) when it should be addressed as a State issue.

Whether the homeless live in Detroit or anywhere else it should be an issue dealt with by the entire state, not just the community that gets saddled with them.

If we busses 1000 homeless to Charlevoix would you be fine hearing that the Charlevoix homeless is a problem of Charlevoix and nobody else?

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 344
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not missing any point thank you. I am not so thin skinned that I take every problem of my city so damn personal. The original post was about DETROIT homeless, so dont make me the scapegoat of the topic m'kay?

Jt1

Post Number: 8027
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While being sarcastic you are still failing to miss the point. Don't worry, my expectations of you are pretty low as it is.

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 345
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whats the point? That thread is about Detroit Homeless? I do believe its you who cant focus on the topic of the post.

and I guess I have you beat because I have no expectations of you whatsoever.

Have a good night, its time for me to get out in my blind.

(Message edited by miss cleo on October 20, 2006)

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 378
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have a good night, its time for me to get out in my blind.
______________________________ ___________________

I hope the DNR busts you for poaching, as deer season hasn't yet started!

Seriously, cleo, you have 35 acres, why don't we build a shelter on it and send the homeless up to your neck of the woods. Oh, wait, you fleed from the big bad city to escape from the "evils" of the world.

Detroitej72

(Message edited by detroitej72 on October 21, 2006)

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 570
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I hope the DNR busts you for poaching, as deer season hasn't yet started!

Bow hunting has.

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 346
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bow hunting has.

yeah, got any other brillant things to say? lol

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 347
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, wait, you fleed from the big bad city to escape from the "evils" of the world.

guess what? I am allowed to do that, yup, sure am! IF you care about them so much why dont you take a few into your home, build a shelter in those great parks of yours, plenty of room, more than me. Have a great day. I am going hunting again.

Justbeamensch
Username: Justbeamensch

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lots of folks are an injury and a couple of bounced paychecks away from learning humility themselves. Let's not forget the folks who fall beneath the cracks after the TV cameras are turned off. Those cracks are getting wider all the time.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 385
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:
guess what? I am allowed to do that, yup, sure am! IF you care about them so much why dont you take a few into your home, build a shelter in those great parks of yours, plenty of room, more than me. Have a great day. I am going hunting again.
______________________________ __________________

I have had several homeless folks live with me,(in my house). In fact Edwin, a homeless, black Man, Whom is my Best Friend and MY BROTHER, has helped guide through my DARKEST's DAY'S...

cleo, I will pray for you, as a sibling; , as a sister of mine...

I will pray for you to see me in our heaven..

Cleo, take care, and keep speaking your feelings about the D.

Detroitej72

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 348
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, thank you, and I will pray that you stop blaming all the ills of Detroit on the people who chose to move elsewhere.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 781
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your prayers might be answered with karma once you stop laughing and giggling with glee over Detroit's problems in some pathetic attempt to validate your move to a different Michigan location (as some type of mild success).

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 349
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its a great sucess, up here my husband has a JOB.Making the same money,no less. Couldnt be done down there.
Last
Fridaythey pulled the plug, his former place of employment is no more. IF we still lived down there we would be in a world of hurt.

Instead, we had some foreight when the company sent out *dear John* letters last Dec.

I dont need to validate our move to anyone, we did what we had to do to keep our family a float, if it could have been done without out moving, it would have. But could it? nope.

Keep TRYING to knock me, ha! I am very happy here, happier than I ever was down there. The more you insult me the more you show me how childish and ignorant you are. Really, I talk about the city as I see it, and you personally attack me. Yeah, I see whos mature here.

I am soo done with this thread, keep the insults comming though, cause you do it to validate yourselves and your choices, not mine.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 876
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His name is James Van Horne: Homeless man eats up attention.

Jimmy's blog

(Message edited by Jimaz on October 29, 2006)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.