Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Clear this up for me.. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 601
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Walking through the Ren Cen today and I see a sign, promoting YMCA Renaissance Center. Huh, what? I guess they're going to put a center inside the Ren Cen, even though Boll is less than a mile away. I can't remember the particulars of the sign, but I remember it saying first 100 members to sign up before October 31st, get a deduction off of the membership (it said 100%, but that can't be right, can it?)

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1911
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With the title of your thread, I was going to direct you to the Social Hygiene Clinic at Herman Keiffer...in case your wondering, the number is: (313) 876-4176

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6923
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The things some people keep immediately on hand...

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1912
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've got the number strategically tattooed...just in case

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4417
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everybody at Ren Cen needs swim lessons, that's why.
jjaba (who learned to swim at Fisher YMCA on Dexter.)

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing I could find about a RenCen site here:
http://www.ymcadetroit.org/

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 367
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Y plans to open a branch at Ren Cen. It will be much smaller than the Boll Family YMCA and not have nearly the space, activities, etc. Their experience has been that once folks arrive at Ren Cen to work in the morning, they do not leave the complex until heading home in the evening. So they have not enrolled a great many GM workers. Membersip in one will get you into both facilities.

Genesyxx, I have not seen the poster you refered to; but my guess is that they are giving a discount on the joining fee. They have done this several times in the past year. However, people will still be responsible for the monthly fee.

(Message edited by Neilr on October 18, 2006)

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 88
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shows what I knows...

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2045
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

God forbid someone walk down the street or take the People Mover to the YMCA. It's unbelievable how folks isolate themselves in those silos.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.