Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Accident on 75 North « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 853
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I caught this after dropping the kids off. This was on 75 north between Nevada & 7 mile.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6928
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another reason why I think Introductory Physics should be a required class in high school. Heh.

Anyone with even a basic knowledge of vehicular dynamics would know the results of this accident are nearly impossible, so they wouldn't even have attempted it.

HTF did they end up on their roof four lanes away from the flip barrier?!

Hope everyone is OK...

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 854
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I passed the scene and came back around to take a few photos.

It appeared as though they TRIED to avoid an accident and swirved to miss the cars ahead of them and went up the embankment, flipped over and voila.

There were like 5 cars ahead of the scene on the side.

A few fire trucks, rescue trucks, state boys, and for some odd reason US Marshalls came before I left.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that must've been the cause of the resisdual slow down I encountered this morning.

Gannon, it wouldn't be all that impossible if the car was in the serious state of mechanical disrepair/neglect that is all to common to vehicles in the city

Gannon

Post Number: 6930
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, OK, then we mandate Introductory Auto Maintenance in high school as well...

Gannon

Post Number: 6931
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...we'll have to tell them that gravity machines haven't been invented yet. You OK with that?! Anti-ones, either, far as we know.

Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1356
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how do you know they haven't been invented yet? ;)

maybe that's what flipped the car!

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 170
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is called Electronic Stability Control, everyone needs it on their car.

Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It is called Electronic Stability Control, everyone needs it on their car.

Gannon's solution is far better. I know how to drive an automobile at, and slightly over the limit, I've no need for training wheels.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 874
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

.acc

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.