Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Park St. - Multiple work sites « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 946
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On Park St, north of Adams in Downtown there has been quite a bit of activity.

1. Detroit Life Building
There is definately something happening in there. I've noticed people coming in and out of that building over the past two weeks. Also, there seems to be some lights on inside that I didn't notice before.

2. Women's City Club of Detroit
There has been some scaffolding surrounding the west side of the building for some weeks now. Not sure what is being done exactly.

3. The location directly north of Cliff Bells that will be a bar/restaurant has had steady work going on for months. It seems that they erected a bar structure about a week ago.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 947
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I meant Park Ave. not Park St.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really hope that Avenue takes off

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3075
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep us posted...

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4582
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know exactly what's going on at the Women's City Club of Detroit? That's a very interesting building, with a lot of interesting facilities within in from what I've researched.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 951
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

women's city club is utilizing facade grants to install new storefronts, tuckpoint, clean, replace broken stone, and hopefully install a new canopy over the entrance. ultimately (in the future) the facades will be returned to their original appearance.

the inside is completely restored and/or renovated including new hvac. forbes had it listed on the market but decided to keep it and try to get it utilized for something (probably office space). it was one of the sites for espn's "h.q." during the superbowl.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1099
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Text description

Text description

Text description

Mauser765

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

W Buck Stratton-atcha!

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1459
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now if only the Apt. Building to the North of the Womens City Club had some tenants other than stray cats and pigeons. I wonder if Ilitch plans anything for that building. Also the Charlevoix and Park Ave buildings need to have something done.

Rsa

Post Number: 952
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh wait; that one's the city club? i thought that was the women's colony club. whoops, i always get those two mixed up. my description is for the women's colony club at the other end of park ave. (across from the town pump). i don't know what's going on at the women's city club.

Bibs
Username: Bibs

Post Number: 596
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Recent article about the Detroit Life Building

Ilitch picks contractor to spruce up buildings
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20061009/BUS INESS04/610090373/1017

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 569
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doesn't DPD have offices in the City Club, do they own it or are they leasing the space?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2977
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it the Colony Club Building (also owned by Chuck Forbes) that has that beautiful Louis XV style Ballroom on the 2 & 3rd floor? That space is awesome!

Mauser765

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 6:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Blenhiem is the "cats" red apartment building next to the Womens CC. Some asshat puts food in front of it. The rats and cats all hang together around the filth.

Rsa

Post Number: 954
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eric; the dpd used to have their recruitment center in that building. i have heard they have moved all of their offices out of there, however.

gistok; yup, that's the one.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.