Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Anemic « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 1850
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the best way I know how to describe the Tiger offense in the world series.Five runs in 25 innings aint gonna get any team very far.Pudge and Granderson are bat-dead so far...........not looking to good unless the Tigers start getting hits.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1437
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The entire Series has sucked big time so far.

Unclefrank
Username: Unclefrank

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most power team are like that. They get their runs in bunches.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8924
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The pitching wasn't very good either. How many times were the bases loaded by St. Louis?
Pudge, Granderson stil haven't had a hit yet. What gives?

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 1851
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The pitching was fine thru the 5th. When you don't score runs it forces the pitchers to change tactics as well_ regarding Pudge, et,al we can only hope....

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 261
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So far we have pretty much been dominated. Tonight is a must win game if we want to entertain any chance of bringing this series back to Detroit. There is noway we can win tomorrow if StL has a chance to clinch.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 852
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Put in Vance!

Detroitstar

Post Number: 263
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One change I would like to see in Monroe dropped back down to the 6 hole and Pudge moved up to 3. This is the lineup that got us the big lead in the division, and I'm not sure why we would not go back to it.

I understand putting power in the 2 spot, but it leaves a little less balance towards the bottom half.

I propose:

Granderson
Polanco
Rodriquez
Ordonez
Guillen
Monroe
Casey
Inge
Bonderman

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1919
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I propose:

Granderson
Polanco
Rodriquez
Ordonez
Guillen
Monroe
Casey
Inge
Bonderman

Yeah, beacuse it always makes sense to have a combined 0-for-34 at the top of your lineup.

Detroitstar

Post Number: 264
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have to figure that is not going to last. Polanco and Pudge will surely break out tonight.

Pudge has one of the highest BA's in post season history and Polanco, though 0-for-the series had a couple solid at bats last night.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1920
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Pudge has one of the highest BA's in post season history

Not trying to argue, but what are you talking about?

Pudge has a .248 career post season average.

Detroitstar

Post Number: 265
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am I thinking all time WS batting average? Thanks for calling me out, I'm probably wrong...but I could swear I heard this stat somewhere. :-(

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.