Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Help...Detroit Music « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thegse
Username: Thegse

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this could probably go somewhere else, but apparantly the is a dance song called "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" That has been all the rage in Europe and is beginning to become a theme song for the World Series. Anyways I found the video of it on YouTube, but there is a remix w/D12 that is supposed to be the bomb and I cant find it anywhere. Any ideas on where to find the Remix?

Even the detroit news is in on it...
From the World Series Notebook:
Detroit gets a hand, worldwide

Detroit is getting love from the music world in the form of the song "Put Your Hands Up for Detroit" by Fedde Le Grand. The dance tune remix features Detroit rappers Bizarre from D12 and King Gordy and is getting lots of play on radio and television stations in the region.

The tune also is predicted to be a No. 1 single on next week's United Kingdom pop chart, said Anasia Hairston, a spokeswoman for Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.

The song is being played in dance clubs throughout Europe and the United Kingdom and is promoted internationally as the World Series theme song.

"I'm elated to learn that the Detroit Tigers have inspired this kind of enthusiasm and support from Europe and the U.K," Kilpatrick said in a statement.

"Put Your Hands Up for Detroit" was also the No. 1 played track last week on the BBC's Radio 1, and the video has received more than 87,000 hits on www.youtube.com.

(Message edited by Thegse on October 26, 2006)

Thegse
Username: Thegse

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2 hrs. of searching.....found it

http://www.djdownload.com/arti st/Fedde+Le+Grande/186640

8th one down. pretty good.

Audioswhite
Username: Audioswhite

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fredde Le Grande is the Artist. Mixes available at - http://www.juno.co.uk/artists/ Fedde+Le+Grande/

Former hometown boy Static Revenger has a mix out there too, somewhere.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.