Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » ::: Upcoming Elections Mega Thread ::: » GOP Blames Granholm for Murders « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 308
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LANSING, Mich. - A campaign mailing from the Michigan Republican Party blames Democratic Gov. Jennifer Granholm and the state corrections director for a crime spree that resulted in the deaths of three people.

The brochure has a photo of Patrick Selepak, who pleaded guilty to killing Melissa and Scott Berels of New Baltimore and Winfield Johnson of Genesee County's Vienna Township in February. The headline says: "This violent criminal was mistakenly released into your community."

"Governor Granholm and her state prison director. If they can't do the job, why are they still on the job?" the brochure says.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200 61026/ap_on_el_gu/michigan_gov ernor

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Bush-Slime-Job-on-Dukakis, part Deux."

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that's why people are turning against the republicans. Your brain would actually have to have turned into mush to believe half of the garbage they throw out.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10807
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I think that's why people are turning against the republicans. Your brain would actually have to have turned into mush to believe half of the garbage they throw out.

Apparently you haven't been listening to the shit coming out of Granholm's mouth. Nor have you been paying attention to the current economic state Michigan is in. You and all the other bleeding hearts instead choose to stick your heads in the sand and blame Washington. Well guess what, most every other station in the nation is seeing job growth. The economy is strong everywhere else, while it's in the crapper here in Michigan. So honestly, whose brains are actually mush? I have to say it's those who would STILL vote for Granholm after 4 years of failure.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I hear one more idiotic baseless claim blaming Michigans economy on Granholm I'm going to go blind. When the governor of this state can control the mind and management decisions made by GM, Ford and Chrysler will be the time to blame her (or him ) for that matter.. The strangest comment-"The economy is strong everywhere else, while its in the crapper here in Michigan, So, honestly, whose brains are actually mush" UMMM ?????????????? .Those states DO NOT have the automotive headquarters, factories and automotive supplier base we have here,,, thats why they do not have the layoffs we have--its basic world supply and demand economics...and you blame Granholm for their decisions??? Oh geez,, I suppose Kwame Kilpatricks' to blame for the Tigers not winning the world series, after all they both have Detroit affiliation....
Think I will stick to Granholm, she has done the best she could given this climate, has made many attempts to encourage development and diversification (that is documented) , actually cares about the social needs of Michigans poor and needy, has plenty of experience in the political ring and isn't bent on having her religious beliefs run our lives.
I'm still trying to figure out how good old Dick is going to come up with the billions of dollars of shortfall revenue when he cuts all business taxes as dramatically as he proposes. Even Michigans' best economists stated this week on WDET that the resultant increase in any business investment will come no where near making up the difference.
Then he will keep slashing social programs ,, resulting in even more hardships for the poor and jobless of Michigan .. And you think crime is
going up in Michigan now ?, just wait.
Then again, if your a well heeled constituent any of those situations are a distant reality-- Shades of Marie Antoinette

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 814
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.. the Dem ads are outrageous. Why shouldn't the governor be responsible for the proper functioning of the state government?

If the people of Michigan return Granhom and Stabenow to power, they have no-one to blame but themselves; I am done worrying about them. Thank God my business is out of state.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its so true the Democrats have fought back dirty this time,, and I am so glad, ,,this was the territory of the Republican party,, they are masters at it,, and finally the Dems have figured out two can play this game,, good for them

Supersport

Post Number: 10808
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 3:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, the governor is NOT responsible for diversifying the states economy? Instead, she gets a free pass to sit back and watch, wait, and see how the auto industry does after 4 years? What a total crock of shit! The auto industry has been in decline for half a century. She knew this coming into office, yet did very little to make change. Oh, she got some google jobs...wow. 1,000 jobs gained compared to 10's of 1,000's lost.

Madanthonywayne
Username: Madanthonywayne

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 753
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never in my life have I seen disgusting evil lying bullshit scare tactics ad as coming from the buttholes of the Republicrites this election. Since they have no actual platform to run on they're reduced to sending, over and over again, the scariest possible photos of Michael Moore, Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry and god help us, Osama Bin Laden*. I thought the republicans had forgotten what he looked like, since they haven't bothered CATCHING him. Fear is the only thing they have to sell and I can only pray it doesn't work.

*hello, assholes? None of those people are running for office in Michigan. Stupid fucking jerks.

Supersport

Post Number: 10830
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scare tactics? What is scarey is this states current economic state. What's scarey is the process of unemployment is more streamlined that Henry Ford's assembly line at it's peak. What's scarey is that after 4 years, things have only got worse. What's scarey is that this state will likely re-elect Granholm for her job poorly done, because...well, she can speak better in public that the other guy. I'll take a guy who can run an international business over the cheerleading clown we've got.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 315
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think pointing to the state's poor economy is a good justification for not voting for Granholm...

What you need to do is look at the causes of the poor economy and ask whether Posthumus or DeVos would have done any better facing the same challenges...

My answer is, "I doubt it."

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.