Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Qu'est-ce que c'est "The Jazz Cafe"? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's the story on the Jazz Cafe in the Music Hall?

http://www.musichall.org/jazz_ cafe.htm

Has anyone checked it out yet?

Wilus1mj
Username: Wilus1mj

Post Number: 134
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've seen lots of advertisement for it. I walked by during the Tigers game last weekend, but didn't see exactly where it was located in the theater.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4003
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/10041/85491.html?1161494 182

Gianni
Username: Gianni

Post Number: 252
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It' in the bar/lounge area down the stairs just inside the front entrance of the Music Hall. Done up with the original tile, woodwork and ceiling. A very nice, intimate room for jazz.

This is really a great thing for downtown residents and jazz lovers. A jazz club with what looks like ambitions to book national acts. As noted in the post referenced by Jams, Jerry Gonzales and the Fort Apache band from NYC last weekend was exceptional. Too bad nobody showed up. I'll blame it on the Tigers and the World Series competition. Tought to compete against the World Series, especially when it's literally across the street.

We need to support this place.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 698
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about a DYesforum night at the Jazz Cafe?

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3171
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For I minute I thought you were talking about this establishement which appeared on Grand River about a year ago. Does anyone have any reviews?

Jazz Cafe

Dhugger
Username: Dhugger

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oldredfordette - hey count me in for a DYesforum night at the Jazz Cafe.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 679
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell--that club on Grand River used to be known as "Peaches" (mid 90's-2003 ish) and is next to the Gillis realty office, a piece of time that is preserved, mostly in plywood.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.